[chatlog] of useless anti com research complainments

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BlackRedDead, Aug 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Winning sucks to be honest, I tend to have more fun the bigger the handicap. It stops being fun when the other team, full of vets or whatever, go apeshit about how awesome they are for winning. It's like watching someone beat up a crippled kid, it's too sad. I feel like there's been too much of that when I was last playing and I kinda doubt it's changed much, it's a major reason I tend not to play anymore.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  2. Avatarix

So much damn drama by single post
    don't tell me what to do, fuck you

3. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Congrats, you are not most people. Most people want to win, it is why you play a competitive game like this in the first place. Also, until a ranking system or something is in there will be stacks, but hopefully one gets added soon so we know who is a vet and who isn't.

But still, It is our job to help newbies, but if they fail to listen sometimes flaming them is the only way to get their attention. But, if this is changing can we change Update 3.0 to the "HugBox" Update?

4. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

This post was not constructive, helpful, or useful, and I regret writing it, so I have removed it. If you want to read what it originally said, then Slab has quoted me.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  5. SLAB

SLAB Member

He says, bumping the thread and whining about civility all the way through.

BlackRedDead and Avatarix like this.
  6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

administration in empires is extremely lenient anyway. people get away with so much shit, there really is no base to complain.

this thread should be locked.

BlackRedDead and vipervicki like this.
  7. Ranger

Ranger Member

"I'm literally the definition of never surrendering no matter what" I was meant that I don't find joy in defeat as it seemed you implied sarcastically. I do not enjoy having a disappointing commander like you, but I don't think I have the right to kick him out everytime or to flame him. You say you use flaming as a way to educate them. Both sides profit as the noobs get better, but there is more than one way to teach someone something unless he's a recruit in the army. My comparison is like the teachers who use the ruler or wooden sticks to beat the students.

I have put no emotion in my replies. Sorry if you felt otherwise. I gave you my opinion and suggestions. Other than that I don't care for anything, especially for insults. So no drama.

8. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

topic updated

overall i think it had to be taken out and to discuss the matter!

it is one case of many! - while i agree that good commanders should take the role and new ppl should play the game for some time befor even trying to com - we clearly need to be more tolerable to mistakes&fails, because they are the main source of learning! - but we can also easaly prevent this by being constructive at critics and helpfull with hints in a match!
    (instead of complaining and swearing around - while its also some sort of normal and hell who is correct all the time?! - i'am clearly not but i try to stay fair!)

also a match depends on a proper commander vote aswell, i disagree in continous downvotes for silly reasons!
    if the commander isn't that good but at least do its best then it is as it is and the team needs to deal with it!
    the same way with a good com but newbie players! - the com has to deal with it!
    the only reason to downvote a com is if he clearly griefs the team on intention!

9. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

No, we don't. When I was learning to command many years ago the community was even more toxic to noob coms I would say. Hell, I was almost BANNED for being a noob com, but the tables have turned and we are now apparently moving towards the opposite, silencing the people who flame the noob coms.

Here is an idea for you BRD, Grow up and don't take what random strangers over the internet have to say about you so personally, especially about a game, especially about something you are doing in said game. If you can't handle some insults, perhaps you shouldn't command.

10. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

and dt's post is a perfect example why the population doesn't grow and people leave.

11. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Vicki, if you think this is the only reason you are delusional. Empires is a very specific niche, a rather small one at that. So, to start off with there is a small amount of people who would play it in the first place and enjoy it. Secondly, the game looks very dated, another strike against it. It runs an old engine, and is rather limited being a third strike. The community itself is toxic, but that is also a feature and hardly a hinderance. Look at League of Legends, SO MUCH MORE TOXIC yet they have 7 million concurrent users PER DAY. Look at Xbox Live, with tons of kids running around saying "I FUCKED YOUR MOM" and that immature stuff, yet they still have people who buy Xbox's, they have people who buy ton's of games and even play online just for that reason.

Your argument of Toxicity = player loss is only part valid, but in most cases noobs don't even listen so it's not like they care about people being toxic. Hell, I remember when I started I ENJOYED hearing HSM bitch among many others, it was funny. My point still stands that you can't coddle the children who play this game, or you are going to lower the skill range of this game and make it the new CoD. Remember the old CoD's, how they required skill and were much grittier? Now look at it, little kids sit and rant and even send DEATH THREATS to the developers over making slight changes to how a gun plays. This is the toxic environment we do not want, and I think almost all vets do a good job of ensuring those who are good and can handle the stress stay. Why do we want people who sit here and complain about "OMG MY FEELINS!" in a high stress/competitive game?

Edit: This game is fighting against impossible odds to stay relevant, even with all of these factors going against it. With all of these factors, fixing one will not help the situation as this game is MADE to be toxic. Any game with any sort of competitiveness is toxic to the community because people will always seek out the lowest scoring player and complain about them.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  12. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Except Empires community isn't made of little pre-teen children, so we should be able to play the game without being toxic as hell as that drives a lot of new players away.

Or maybe I'm wrong and we should just tell everyone to go fuck themselves and they will be very happy and want to play!
    Cuz everyone loves being insulted!

vipervicki and BlackRedDead like this.
  13. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Again, if you think this is the entire problem of Empires then I am sorry, but you are wrong. This game is fighting impossible odds and if you can't take criticism, or being F S spaced out of a com vehicle then that role isn't for you. Empires used to be a lot more toxic than it was now, and it even had more population back then. I remember learning to com in a game by myself, learning how to place buildings. Then I evolved to play with 2v2, it is where I learned how to battlecom effectively. Then I learned, with mistakes and much bitching, how to come med pop games and then finally high pop games later on. It is an evolution of gameplay, you can't just jump in and expect everyone to treat you nicely. Your going to fuck up as a new person, it's not my fault you take insults from me, a random stranger over the internet so personally. It's not my fault you lost the game for your team. It's not my fault you didn't listen to me, someone who is more experienced in commanding then you and choose to go off and research crap even though I told you it is crap.

This game is competitive, and competitive gameplay brings toxicity. It goes hand in hand with each other. Eliminating the toxicity will make this Hugboxpires, where everyone gets a participation trophy and a handshake. We might as well remove "You are victorious" and "You have been defeated" with "Everyone had fun". Let us also replace bullets with flowers and rainbows, tanks with different breeds of unicorns, and buildings to candy structures. Obviously sarcastic here, but that is what it will turn in to if you remove the competitive aspect.

14. LordDz_2

I'm talking about being nice to people, you're saying it's really hard for you.
    What are you, some kind of psychopath?

vipervicki likes this.
  15. Ranger

Ranger Member

"ensuring those who are good and can handle the stress stay." Like natural selection. Only the strongest survive in Empurrs. Rawr.

It is good if someone can handle insults and the stress and bad behaviour in general. It doesn't mean cursing is something it should be practiced. I've seen communities in source games that prohibit even bad language.

Healthy competition does not equal bad behaviour and like. Toxicity has no place anywhere.

vipervicki and BlackRedDead like this.
  16. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I have stated NUMEROUS times I am nice to people, I help new people LEARN (In fact, being one of the few people who actually tries to sit down and help a noob com or noob teamates). However, toxicity comes with the game. When I get a noob who jumps in com, won't listen to the research being requested (Especially when he doesn't know what to research or has long, extended times of no research), I get toxic towards him. When I am infantry, or when I was and I was new did I sit there and cry about being insulted and having toxic practices done to me? No... Not at all. In fact, I continued playing and now I am one of the better players.

CSGO, people are toxic if you are bottom of the scoreboard and your team is losing. Everyone targets you and blames you for the loss.

League of legends, ranked, people will FLAME your ass for the smallest stupid mistake.

Xbox live, kids flame you for just about anything.

Rocket league competitive, if you play PC, they are not nice if you are shit.

Dota 2 is similar to league, with many russians raging at you and saying "CYKA BLYAT!"

Even TTT on Gmod can get toxic as hell if you are paired with idiots.

Any competitive team based game = toxicity.

Almost any slightly competitive team based game is toxic if you are at the bottom of the scoreboard, exactly like this one. Only, in the case of this game, if you are bad at commanding it is similar to being at the bottom of the scoreboard. Everyone just needs to grow up, not take insults from some random people over the internet so personally, and play the game. So what if you get raged at? Why do you care? Your not going to get banned, your not going to get hunted down and killed... but no your feelings got hurt. Aw.

17. LordDz_2

You are nice to people by telling them they're bad and that you insult them? Okay. :)

And it's quite a well known fact that nobody likes playing with toxic russians in dota 2 or cs, so I don't really see the logic that we should allow people to act like CYKA BLYAT considering nobody likes playing with CYKA BLYAT.

Ranger and BlackRedDead like this.
  18. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Did I say that I am nice to people by telling them they're bad and that I insult them? No. I said I am generally nice and help people learn UNLESS they are too retarded to be in the commander position. This includes: Not listening to more veteran commanders when they are being told that their current research path is idiotic and explained why, not communicating, having 3-4 minutes + of no research, not placing buildings.

Also, CSGO there are PLENTY more than CYKA BLYAT that are toxic, League doesn't have CYKA and it is toxic... yet all of these games have more players than ours and we are sitting here arguing about toxicity ruining player count.

19. Ranger

Ranger Member

And then again there are nice games meant to be fun where people form nice communities. The frequency we come across toxicity does not justify the action.

You said that when someone does not communicate with me you become toxic. That's not being nice. It means you're nice only when your interests are satisfied.

Also, comparing Empires Mod to games with possibly multiple dozens of professional developers.

20. LordDz_2

Nah, let's just agree to disagree.

And let's start insulting people ingame, I'm sure it'll make the game more fun to play for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.