Infiltration Postgame Drama

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Devourawr, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I just knew you were infil just by the amount of shit I got from you. Like the hailstorm bullshit vulcan storm was enough for me to suspect you, but what pulled me over the edge was the massive amount of time investment you spent in this game.

2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

the magic of holding a bigger, better fish they could not refuse in front of them.

3. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

@Devourawr Where was the xyaminou hint? We got a MASSIVE one about blizzerd (that was magically ignored by everyone). A rather vague hint to trickster. But nothing to implicate xyaminou?

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

scout scouted him day one and put far more weight to it then devo had guessed

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Blizzy man chill the fuck out. It's a game and whatever you do in the game is legit. I was pissed off while the game was ongoing but that's just part of it. Once the game is over, you call it gg, that's it. We won and it was the closest game in a while. You made a couple of good plays by finding Empty and flipping Security, you certainly did more than Xya or I did.

If everyone was that into it then the game would actually be way more interesting.

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

yes, tbh, this should have tipped anyone off. Fact is your mistrust was calculated in and used to make the base crew actually believe your bullshit about being infil

What was that about anyway? why did you do that? what ware you guys planning?

7. Paradox

I actually hve no clue what you are talking about? You mean the mcgyver bs pm?

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

the part where the base crew 'actually'believed you were an infiltrator because you 'said so'

9. Paradox

Yeah I have no clue what happend there.

Mcgyver wrote some bullshit about receiving a pm from me surrendering as infil. Like wtf. I was so sure at that point mcgyver was an infil because of the improv pm he pulled out of his ass.

I actually really want to know why he would lie about that.

10. Paradox

I litterally dont even why you would post this

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

You are right, its bullshit i dont need to defend anything.

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Pretty much this.
    Just like a regular Empires round, you might lose your shit during the game, but when it's over you don't really care.

But just to clarify I never really trusted Blizzerd, the only people I actually trusted were Predator and McGyver.
    I revived Blizzerd because I knew you guys can just kill me and it's GG, that's some "why the fuck not?" thingy.

13. Ranger

Ranger Member

YOU GUYS SHOULD PLAY MONOPOLY.

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i thought it was hilarious that you healed me, i am willing to believe you did it as a fu, but i was already imagining the confused look on your face while i was bullshitting not knowing your own ass from your mouth anymore.

My entire strategy was to be suspicious from day one but never the MOST suspicious, and use the suspicion against me to steer the game. For this i needed to on occasion betray my fellow infils.

I failed and fucked up occasionally, but was always able to somehow recover.

15. Paradox

I still want mc fuck gyver to explain why he played like a headless chicken shooting base crew in the foot withoit being infil

16. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

In contrast to some other people here, I did not shoot anyone in the foot. I knew Trickster and Xya were infils and I was chatting with Trickster when I posted this. You were a good bet on being the third and to check you I wanted to see Trickster's reaction. It would have been hilarious to see him confirm your hypothetical infil status because he didn't trust you. But his reaction was calm, so I figured the third infil must have been in our little circle of (no-)trust.

Blizzerd was always a suspect, except for the few hours after he gave me a very strong hint on Xya. This was immediately after Pred got his scouting result on Xya, so I thought he could not know that we (Pred and me) already knew about Xya. This was a nice play Blizzerd, but the rest of your performance was just spamming and annoying people, that is nothing to be proud of. When you and Security changed your votes overnight, I knew you were trouble.

NOW FOR THE RETARD OF THE GAME AWARD

[​IMG]

EX AEQUO: Mr. expert statistician Empty and Mr. Knows It All Security

Empty:
    Hey guys, I have a 3/12 chance to hit an infiltrator and a 9/12 chance to hit one of my team. Why not shoot someone randomly, I HAVE IT ALL CALCULATED THROUGH. Ooooooops, that didn't work, WHY NOT TRY IT AGAIN NEXT ROUND!

Security:
    After Empty's math failure, things were so close that we needed each and every vote on the same infiltrator. Predator and myself trusted each other, Security and Blizzerd were our risky bets. Blizzy was either retard or infil, so we had little hope of convincing him to do anything reasonable. So Security was extremly important for us to win. So now we have the scout coming out publicly and accusing Xya - Security still wants to vote Trickster. I explain the situation to him, how close the votes are, invite him to the Pred-Empty-McGyver conversation where EVERYTHING IS POINTED OUT CLEARLY, tell him how risky it is to change votes from Xya to Trickster, how difficult it might be to get everyone to change because of people being busy AND AS SOON AS WE GO TO BED HE CHANGES VOTE TO TRICKSTER.

I wake up next day and thought, OH SHIT, are they both retarded or is either Security or Blizzerd infil? With two votes already on Trickster it was a difficult decision, should I change it too or not? I concluded I had to change my vote to Trickster too, so I tried to tell Paradox to change to Trickster, but I knew he might not see this or act on it. Then Xya posted his little story and it was clear Blizzerd would snipe on this, but I had to go offline and I was done with baby-sitting people who can't read.

/rant over

I WILL NOW KILL BLIZZERD FIRST SHOULD WE EVER PLAY ANOTHER ROUND OF INFILTRATION AGAIN, I SWEAR IT TO GOD.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i love you too, you were an idiot for inviting me into that communal base crew thread though... most of our late game strategy was coordinated on that info.

That and the fact you you yourself said you would flip the vote to trickster if i would feel better about it. But its true, empty started the game overconfident...

18. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I checked the conversation for additional hints before I invited you and Security, nothing in there should have been new to the infils after Predator's public coming out. BTW, I would never changed away from Xya if you were alone to change to Trickster, I just said that to calm you down and gain time. I had to take risks, since I needed to convince both of you to vote with us. The plan was to vote Xya, Pred scouts you, Security protects Pred and we would have won. We had five votes on Xya already, ffs. :(

19. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

I already had sgt by then, the idea was you said you would, and not coming down on that promise would have tarnished your reputation over basically nothing.

20. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Voting Trickster over Xya was a logical decision for me, saying it's wrong is just "wise after the event".

Not to mention we still got time to switch back to Xya(check PM time) and yeah you had to go offline.

This round is made of base crews mistakes.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  21. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

The only mistake me and dz made was playing with super scrub rifleman empty. I still don't see reasons for him shooting either of us when there wasn't any clues nor anything we said.

Ok I made a sarcastic comment about killing base crew, how could I have known a comment so dumb would be irrefutable proof I'm up to something. This forum seriously needs some sarcasm tags.

And yes I'm salty.

22. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i want to add everyone to the infil comunal pm, how?