emp_nuclear

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Jan 3, 2014.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

you did not play it 5vs5 like destroyer suggest i assume? becaue the map really sufferes from more players, you can only kill this many before the first respawn. ofc its not that hard of a limit as 5vs5, but at a point it just gets too many.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  2. Caelo

Caelo Member

That's not a bad thing though. We need smaller maps as well. I still remember that map cw_gorge I think it was called that was basically a 2 vs 2 map and any more than one full squad against each other was just undoable.

3. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

Don't we at least one or two official maps of each size? If so, one solution would be to bring them up-to-date.

4. flasche

i was not saying it would be.

5. RappemongO

RappemongO Member

My main gripe with this map is the garages. Once they're locked up, you can still spawn in the APCs, but you can't get out of the garage and have to killspawn. Which is dumb.

Maybe a ladder so you can get back out onto the roof above the main gate?

6. flasche

once the garage locks, a trapdoor in the back opens. it leads to a (way too dark) tunnel leading back to the side of the outer battlements where the buildable bridges are.

7. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Last I checked there is such a ladder; it's not very direct though. you drop down first, then along a passage and finally pop out at the roof, but killspawning is indeed faster to get to the action... it should be a lot more direct, when you're going down that path it just feel completely wrong (and it is; you probably have a spawn closer)

Or... the APCs should somehow get destroyed after the door closes (make the whole garage deal damage to everyone) - the problem with a more direct access way is that it gives attackers an advantage there when they are already winning.

8. RappemongO

RappemongO Member

Really? I've spent ages running around not being able to get out.

Make it more obvious and a one way drop maybe?

9. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I never found out about ladders in the apc spawns until my 5th or 6th game on nuclear, I would just kill spawn if I accidentally selected them.

+1 for more obvious

10. flasche

the light turns on once the apc is inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but yes, could be more obvious. destroyer just wont read it here :D

11. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

But if you do that, the warheads in the APC will blow the place sky high!

12. Caelo

Caelo Member

Wow, I thought you could only go up with those ladders ^^ I'm blind.

13. flasche

to be fair, you wouldnt see it in the screenshot if i had not turned flashlight on.
    its just way too dark. its also next to impossible to navigate the tunnel without flashlight.

14. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

It is EASY for NF to get onto the gate button. If you push north you will be pushed back. If you push south, you're fairly exposed and should be pushed back. The blind spot for NF is right in front of the wall. For them to defend there they have to jump above the wall (easily killed) or shot from a port hole (also easily killed). So build a few walls in front and jump up and immediately onto the button. And this strategy is done by most winning NF teams. The losing ones that complain "It's too haaaard", deserve to lose. Since taking those walls down is hard for BE, they will stay there for multiple attempts to get into the base and many times goes un-noticed until the flag is being captured.

If you make the gate destructible, BE will never win, no one will ever play. It tough enough defending North and South, when middle is also wide opened.

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

the tunnel under the ladder is terrible. it takes forever to get out of the garage and when you do, you're pretty much outside the base.
    it probably would be better if the tunnel exit was moved or even removed and replaced with a killbrush

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

lol no what kind of mapping technique is that you would be punishing the players that succeeded.

17. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

There is no need to go in the tunnel. Jump on the ledge from the top of the ladder. It's a learned skill. It's also the fastest way to get from original BE spawn point to north.

18. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

You can make that jump? The reason the tunnel exists in the first place is so nf can't just jump out of the garage on to the top of the north bunker. I feel like the reason he left the openings is so be can still try to destroy the apcs so nf loses a spawn in the base, but it's a little tricky to toss a sticky and I don't think I've ever seen be do it, most likely because they are stuck at the first spawn once all garages are filled. With all the complaints I wonder if it would be better if the apc and anyone in the garage just died like someone mentioned, but I do think tunnel has a purpose. Mainly helping nf keep up that final push into last flag.

Maybe the tunnel instead of dumping outside of be base was just a tunnel to southern bunker or something, or both. I know why it looks like it dumps out to no where, so be has a chance to slow down nf from rushing in by destroying that stone bridge it dumps out to, but all I seem to hear are complaints. If it is kept it definitely needs more light though, not everyone realizes there's a flash light in empires.

19. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Yes I can make that jump. It's not easy, but can be done.

I do feel like the advantage is on NF's side. One slight tweak that could help BE a bit more is to remove 50 cal. If you get five guys running across the north bridge, two revive engineers and two riflemen, they are very difficult to be stopped. A 50 cal medium or 50 cal APC is enough to keep BE from dominating north, and they draw the fire from the grens, instead of focusing the grens on the north bridge. The easier way in, is a wall at the gate. Also once NF owns the north spawn, the garages don't really matter, and are easily taken. BE is so exposed attempting to get out of the control room, they are better off saving the tickets and remaining put doing revives in the control room. But the control room can be easily taken with a few NF grens with diffusal, speed and punch skill. The only time NF loses is when they have a nub team that doesn't know how to get in and are not aggressive enough.

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

yeah ok gofly and who did you learn that from watching?

i dont tell everyone it because its going to be patched out now. so thanks