[2.8.0] Turret AI is bugged

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Awpolt, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

Issue summary: Turret AI is currently bugged and will not properly fulfill its role. A very old bug.

Client Version: 2.8.0

Reproduction steps (example):
    Conceal yourself behind an entity or a wall
    2. Stand up and reveal your head to the Turret but do not reveal the rest of your body
    3. Turret will target you but won't engage
    4. Turret enters permanent seizure state

2. Caelo

Caelo Member

I wonder if this should be fixed. Turrets need a known weakness and I always thought of this 'bug' as one.

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

turrets weakness is that they are immobile, they need to be death lazers or bullet storms because that is the function they have and would be entirely useless if not for that.

4. Caelo

Caelo Member

Perhaps although I feel like they are already that out in the open esp. When placed in groups. As long as you can still take out a lone MG turrets if you carefully approach it using walls as engineer I'm in for changing this.

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

You just nade it from cover... its not hard.

6. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

Most definitely an annoying bug. Serves you and your teammates no purpose if they can't do their jobs properly. Turrets also bug out when you get too close or jump on them (how is this handled in TF2, for example?). Apparently someone told me a while back that there was an issue with collision, which made them not able to hit you properly. It also seems that they try to hit your center of mass instead of anywhere.

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Lets you deal with turrets using an rpg withtout taking a billion damage points.

Honestly the animation shouldnt spaz out like that but i like it as a mechanic.