Empires Summer League Game #3

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spike, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Do you not see your own hypocrisy? You say you hate it when your team gets obliterated by 1 good rifleman that can sway the game. Then you go own about how fun it is for yourself to play as a team of 3 and thats not stacking? So one person can stack a team but 3 cannot? Lol. Ok Spike.

2. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

why didn't you just say that to begin with instead of the other post...

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Hes right you know... your post makes you come off as a massive hypocrite.

4. Paradox

Cause It's more fun for me to make fun of you by exactly pointing it out.

5. Spike

I take it no one likes my bsid apc rushes then...

6. Paradox

It''s just a standard apc rush against pubbers, theres no "BSID" apc rush, you werent even in bsid spike...

7. Spike

Well i was in bsid for a short period of time i think it may of been before i was before epic.

8. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Noone has ever liked being fucking manhandled because a bunch of people on the other team know a cheap tactic that works like 80% of the time.
    It made people quit in 2.0 , it made the mod dead after FN returned like 2 years ago and its back in business with nubs going from 45 people to 12 counting specs not 2 weeks ago. There is a reason people didnt like bsids, oddly enough, awful personas numbering only second on that list. I could go on.

flasche likes this.
  9. Caelorum

Caelorum Member

I didn't mind BSID, but around 1.08 there were other good players as well and BSID did not stack every game (just 50% of the time :P).

But I have to say people currently complain about stacking waaay to much. One side is inevitably going to be stronger, otherwise we wouldn't have a winner. People also seem to have forgotten, or never experienced, matches against on the surface super stacked teams, that were won by a group of mediocre players. Teamwork is key and unless you work as a team you just cant complain about stacking or winning tactics btw.
    If that is the case then maybe it's time to work out a proper tactic to counter that cheap tactic. APC rushes shouldn't be too difficult to counter as long as you have a team that knows how to work together to sticky, shoot and place walls.

10. Paradox

APC rushes work now because people dont know how to sticky placewalls or teamwork at all. It's my biggest pet peeve in pubs these days, teamwork = litterally 0

11. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

That in no way absolves stacking. Its a nothing arguement really - in fact im not even sure what you are even trying to say here. In fact it almost feel like youre trying to pull a some weird victim blame
    We are not talking about countering apc rushes in a scrim enviroment. This is the pub, people are supposed ot have have fun. APCs every map makes people skip nearly all of the games content between research, chassis and map at the same time.
    Besides what you described is a load of baloney, you cant "wall off" anything in the amount of time required for someone to ram an apc up your arse and thats only talking about enclosed maps that would allow it in the first place. Youre not going to just sticky an apc rush either, one because most of the time the driver isnt an imbecile and two because taking stickies at the start of a game is arguably useless. Besides , even if youve done it, what then exactly? A pat on the back for a job well done? Well i hope you had fun since noone on the other team was able to have any, what with their only spawn point gone and your teammates probably havent had either.
    The problem with rushes always has been that they are ridiculously oppresive and allow a single person or a bunch to force everyone else to play one particular brand of a game.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  12. Spike

god this game creates so much unnecessary forum drama. GG good night all <3

13. Caelorum

Caelorum Member

Wait wut?
    You're not supposed to wall of everything. You're supposed to make chokepoints and minimize avenues. Force them in a particular direction, like straight at the rax and into mines.
    How about changing classes and/or killspawning when you see a rush happening?
    But then again they are fun for the one doing it, and you'll feel great when you've successfully countered one. It's only shitty if it succeeds.
    True.

14. Paradox

You know what the worst and best part about this all is. This all blew in your face when you required lawliet to do stuff he couldnt, made me do stuff I wouldnt and then proceded to be an ass about it. Now you have no captains and you come crawling back, asking me to be a captain again. all this under the false pretences that you were purposely fucking with me because "I ruined a scrim years back" instead of just admitting your own guilt and appologizing. So all in all you basicly set yourself up for failure by screwing with your own captains and proceding to argue about how its in the best interest of the league. Whilst in reality you just had a hard time admitting guilt. I feel bad for the people that actualy enjoyed this summer league and would want to play.

15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

If that is true then please apologize, scar... its not nice and this is not the fucking lion king movie.

16. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Sorry I wasn't around to help organize and other things I usually end up doing. I'm also sorry to say I don't think I can help fill in as captain or whatever either, still need to do work on things. It's a shame it's come to this if people were having fun. It can still be fun probably, just gotta make it fun and force it down people's throats. They gonna have their fun and like it or so help me I'll rise from the grave and show these youngins a thing or two about boom tanking in serious business matches. Oh, the joys of being alive...

Ranger and Xyaminou like this.
  17. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Here lies Empires Summer League 2016
    Lest We Forget

Spike wanted to be in charge of something,
    Paradox didn't want Spike to be in charge of anything,
    Lawliet just wanted to play Empires again.

R.I.P​

Xyaminou likes this.
  18. Paradox

* Paradox didnt want spike to be in charge of Paradox

19. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

[​IMG]

20. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

I guess it's due time to defuse this entire situation.

I quit the league for a few reasons

1) Leading players I don't know
    This is probably my biggest problem. From the get go I wasn't doing any active recruiting other than adding old veterans who were already swept up by Paradox, it's not like it matters anyways since they don't even play at all in the matches.​

2) I can't play the game
    This ties in quite a bit with #1. If I am unable to play the game, players won't get to know their captain at all. I can't command in pubs either, no one will vote in a complete rando and everyone is affixed to their default commanders. ​

3) The caliber of players has decreased exponentially
    This isn't a real reason, I can't compare players back then to players now. From my experience playing in pub games in the past few weeks, you fucks have no clue how to commit to something fully nor how to play the game. The best example I can think of this is sieging when it is clear we have won the game. You sit 10 tanks outside the enemies main just shelling away at weak enemy vehicles, but in reality you fucks can end this shit immediately by rushing in. (I'm not referencing any matches from the league, moreso pub matches)
    4) I'm busy IRL
    Am full-time student, have too much on plate.
    5) No one listens
    If the comm asks someone to kill spawn, you fucking do it. It's sad that Xya's voice is getting drowned out, it is a paradoxical effect of using TeamSpeak to facilitate communication amongst squads.
    6) This should have been a draft.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​