Script changes for next patch.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sgt.Security, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Plasma is going to continued to be useless until plasma cannon is 2 slot again.

Also nerf guided salvo and homing salvo a little bit. Don't ruin them, but ensure that NF late game on a semi open map isn't a free win any more.

2. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I consider my changes for Guided ML a very slight nerf.

Any non-slight-nerf for dual homing and guided will ruin them.
    I know ML turrets are retardedly useless at the moment, I never waste my time on turrets. Comm drops turrets, I just leave them unbuilt.

I did plan to increase ML turret damage by 10~30%.
    But I decided that slow ass missile speed is a bigger issue.

Also it may be a good idea to increase ML turret's resist against vehicle weapons.
    It was 33%/50% nerf(kinetic/HE) and I did not touch grenade/mortar resist, walls are equally strong in early game.

"Too strong-------very strong-------decent-------weak-------bean curd"
    Now, I'd say wall is standing between decent & weak, closer to decent.

The only thing I'll probably do is take back 10% HE nerf (50%->40%).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

stop fucking around too much with the resists, they make everything too confusing... is it so hard to just give the ml turret some more teeth?

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I have to say it isn't the vehicles that destroy my turrets, it's engys and grens. I mean sure there's nukes and dual whatever, but that's acceptable to me because at that point it helps prevent turtles in the end game.

5. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

Can we have fission to cool -2 when moving instead of -1. It will bring it more in line with coolant.

6. Lazybum

But fission is fast, which means it's useful on 90% of empire maps unlike coolant which is useful on like 30%

7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Fission is fast and light, it also cools faster than coolant when moving.

Let's not even mention that it's already a pretty good engine.

I see absolutely zero reason to buff it.

In fact, I decided to buff Coolant.

8. Lazybum

Remove heat entirely from coolant, then make it extra slow. A superior siege engine. EXTREME BALANCING.

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

so that you get yelled at the second you open heat transfer fluids?
    mobility is key in (empires) tank combat, if you just "stand around" you die.

and idk what you guys need so much more cooling for, i barely ever have heat issues no matter what engine i drive.

also i hate fission on light vehicles. its handling is horrible. maybe its better with low ping idk, but a light with fission is very close to completely undriveable.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  10. Lazybum

Once again people take me seriously when I wasn't trying to be.:(

To be fair on maps like streets mobility is much less of a useful thing, no walls to drive up and narrow streets mean you can't really drive as well.

As an aside if your talking about vehicles spinning out horribly with faster engines, like 3phase or fission, it's actually easy enough to prevent that from happening. It's just I assume people like being able to do 360's with lights.

11. flasche

3 phase is totally fine, its only fission on light vehicles. i like handbreak sliding in tanks (tho no matter if i like it or not, its crucial), theyre just the hardest to control for me.

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Sliding?
    Here's what I observed.
    50% of the time, you guys exposed your weak side to me.
    40% of the time, you guys disorientated yourself.
    10% of the time, it actually worked as intended.

13. flasche

well at least your ego doesnt fail you a 100% of times.
    but since we cant compete with you anyway, you also are irrelevant in this.
    as statistcal outlier, you are to be disregarded.

14. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

What if I told you that the 40% of time disorienting ourselves actually fit under 'worked as intended'?

Ranger likes this.
  15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Updated with SMG3 rework.

16. complete_

complete_ lamer

is the scout rifle being removed since 25 people did vote and there were 22 yes/no votes total?

nukes: i was repairing a turret at 70% and a nuke hit far away from the turret and killed it instantly. also, i got no damage from that nuke.
    is it related to your change to nukes explosion force or has it always been this way? i have no clue what that value does but i was kinda confused by what happened

and can we get a rework of smg2? its always been a weapon where you have to fire in bursts/single shots. however, its much worse now. on paper it seems like it should be good but bullet spreads and weapon kick are all messed up. you're better off using a smg1 in close range and long range. if you need to use only close range, you're better off using the shotgun.
    im in favor of a revert to a previous version's spread/kick and then working from there if its too weak/strong

17. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

The result is pretty fucking close, I have to say.
    To be fair, I created the vote with the mindset of "It's going to be one-sided with Yes being the majority", annnnd the result surprised me.

Explosion does not penetrate object, turret blocked the explosion for you.
    Seriously, you should've noticed this. *cough* std cn vs turret + Engi *cough*

I virtually never use SMG2 because SMG1 is more of a general-purpose weapon.
    SMG2 does rekt SMG1 at close range and it's more reliable then shotgun.

18. complete_

complete_ lamer

it beat the second condition that you set after the fact though. it was removed before and noone thought it was a huge loss

i am almost sure the nuke was to the far left and above me and the turret was in front/right of me but that may have been the case

if you dont use smg2, can someone who does have somewhat of a say? people who play rifle dont like it when someone who doesnt understand rifle changes the values so its kinda the same thing.
    in the weapons page on the empires wiki, the smg1 is called the standard smg; accurate but weak, and the smg2 is called the balanced smg; a good balance of firepower and accuracy. i'd love to see a return to that, tbh
    i wouldnt say smg2 beats smg1 in an even fight between two vets. the smg2 usually kills close up mostly to luck. the same round that the nuke thing happened i was shooting someone from two refs of a distance away and he was shooting back. i could tell after a couple seconds of dancing/shooting and noone dying that we were both using smg2 and failing miserably.

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Bump, updated with NF heavy cost increment and concussion grenade.

Also, I think we are getting close to 2.9.0, feel free to suggest anything that's fucked up but I haven't touched.

When I say "I virtually never use YYY", that means I know it is an inferior option and/or it doesn't fit my play style.

But I honestly don't think SMG2 is that fucked up, maybe I'll give it a very slight buff.

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

i think trickster had the weapon perfected before he increased the damage from 30 to 35 and made spartacus think it needed a rework because it was too strong.

whats wrong with a revert to a previous versions' spread? i dont get why we need to change values when we already know the values that work