Empires Summer League sign up thread! Captains within

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spike, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

*Short* of players

2. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

yes thank you zoom <3 can you be my personal grammar nazi plz ?

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I have to say he did that recruiting job good.
    Teams are actually pretty close to balanced if you ask me.

And yes, we should panic.
    If you want to be a "floating balancer", I hope that you will not interfere if one team is only slightly favored, that would be pretty bullshit for the "favored" team.

Also I hope you don't do this again :
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22159878/2015-11-08_00003 (2).jpg
    That's your name on NF, disappointed.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  4. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

First and foremost,

I signed up to be captain simply so this league could work. I was under the assumption that the league would be draft-style, similar to the last league, but instead of drafting squads we would draft individual players who throw their name onto a player roster (or just show up).

The draft is advantageous to me since I would not have to play the game and since I do not have Empires players on my friends list (given I purged my friends list since I don't converse with retards).

Don't go around saying I'm a fucking poster boy you Belgian shitstain. I did as much recruiting as my schedule alotted me, Spike understands my circumstances with regards to that I can't even play the game. I don't even know these new players who insist on an alias for their political reasons. I'm not a guy with old veterans on my friends list nor one who had a head start before the Official thread was posted. All I got to do was recruit a commander, and by the time the official thread was posted, you had already grabbed most of my go-to players from the previous league.

tl;dr I'm stirring up drama to keep the league thirsty.

5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I mean, I understand you dont wanna be a posterboy, but I dont think that choice was left to you when spike picked you to be a captain being fully awared youre fucking banned from playing on the only populated server lol. How did he ever think it was going to be possible for you to recruit, hes not that stupid. He knew you werent going to be able to recruit so he would be obliged to do it for you.

TLDR spike using lawliet as a scapegoat incase he fucks up.

ALSO IM IN FAVOR OF A DRAFTING STYLE THAT LAWLIET SUGGESTS. All players in a bucket and we pick em.

6. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Oh I actually see your viewpoint now, I apologize for all the rude shit I've said about you and I think you're a fantastic DotA 2 player. Sorry for being an irrational asshole.

7. Paradox

I'm sorry I called you a posterboy, didnt want it to sound so mean. You're a great person aswell, nice to talk too. Always respected you. Sorry for being me.

8. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I think posterboys are a great idea. I suggest you both go out and get a professional photoshoot done, put a collar on.
    Then every time someone joins the team they can get a nice poster of our glorious leaders, preferably with the team's motto - probably written in Latin... And maybe some other random things like sponsors lanyards, caps, a commemorative mug and a programme/schdule.

9. Paradox

I was thinking of setting up some marketing like that. Ballpoints with the team name on and my face next to it. Maybe USB sticks that light up with my face when activated, cause you know everyone here is a nerd.

10. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I'll definitely need more pens to write my fan mail to Lawliet.

11. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I'm amazed at how normal it is for empires players to tell each other what a great guy the other is to avoid confusion. Lots love tbh.

Anyway, it's not too late to just do a draft pick of the teams, but that's up to the captains and spike I guess.

Real talk: anyone want to film and cast with me? Can't play on a craptop but can totally say dumb shit and upload it to youtube

12. Paradox

Ill give you an exclusive interview with the winner of the league for the extended blueray version.

13. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I really loved the draft part of Lazybum's PUG. However the initial plan was to have squads so people can play with whoever they like, and start by picking squads up, then pick players without squads. If we could have this in the summers league it would be perfect.

14. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

That doesnt work is vets make a giant stack

15. Paradox

We are doing something alike.
    Me and lawliet agreed to fill up our steamgroups with 30 SET players who will always play for the same team. Then after that all the other players that join will be drfted.

16. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

We should totally get interviews from the captains asking how they feel going into game 1 of the league and other cool stuff like that. It would make for an interesting league.

17. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

A-z-K likes this.
  18. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Yes i did copy that from you

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

20. Paradox