Why is season 6 of Game of Thrones so... mediocre? MEGA-SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by McGyver, May 20, 2016.

?

What could save season 6 of Game of Thrones?

1. a slower pace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. better writing

40.0%
  3. MOAR BOOBS

60.0%
  4. better acting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. the death of Tyrion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

No matter how it ended, its stil like 3 seasons worth spent on something with completely no upshot.

2. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

It was just so ridiculous how Arya survived: First she gets stabbed twice in the stomach, falls into the river, loses a ton of blood on the street and survives hours in that closet. Then she rests for some days in bed, high on Ketamin, but is strong enough to flee from the assasin girl through the streets. Those scenes were like from a Hollywood movie, not what we expect from GoT.

Maybe this season seems so bad to me because its the first season that I watch while having catched up with the books...

3. Z100000M

Well "arya in Braavos" is right up there with "are they still on namek". Now that thats done maybe will get less filler and more interesting shit.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

you also forget waif is a poisoner, its really strange her dagger wasnt poisoned ...

also ketamine? more like opium, its even called milk of the poppy or smthg. :D

5. flasche

now that were some epic battle scenes ...

6. Z100000M

I like how completely out of nowhere there was a giant mound of corpses, as if they skipped like an hour long "king of the hill" match

7. flasche

yes that was meh. and where did the archers come from when they broke throught the gates, they were three when they followed ramsey, suddently theres a whole army of legolases.
    also the greyjoys appearance in meereen was a bit abrupt.

but damn the first clash of cavalry was epic ...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  8. Z100000M

Oh yeah, how fucking comes 2 people running away , who are basically exiles come to have a fleet of a 100 ships? Correct me if im wrong but that shit came outta nowhere.

9. flasche

i finally figured out what GoT reminds me at. german tests in school.
    at first the story is elaborate and detailed, but as the clock keeps ticking it gets more like "well, this and that happened, the end"

10. Ranger

Ranger Member

If GOT was Warband I would have lead a rescue mission to save the Stark the night before the battle. Then I would hold my position in front of the forest and wait for their cavalry to attack. I would have made some kind of helmet for the giant, and given him a tree for a club. Upon the cavalry's charge archers and infantry would retreat in the forest, possibly infested with traps and ditches. I realize there was not enough time tho. Being the defendant, Ramsey had no reason to attack. However, rushing out of fortresses is not uncommon especially when they are being challenged (psychological war). Say their cavalry is neutralized in the forest, they still have archers, but their flanks are unprotected. Light infantry has no protection against arrow but they can still outrun a volley. I would have cavalry and infantry strike at the same time, infantry front, cavalry flank. If their infantry marches then, my cavalry would ride past them striking the archers. Still, might lose but preserving the cavalry gives you an advantage if you are surrounded like they were. Also, in that case, focus on breaching one side. Push left, and have the giant walk through.

The reason I would attempt a rescue mission is because I the stark boy could not be saved in battle, cause of Ramsey being a sadistic pitiless being. I don't know what I should do in that case.

11. Z100000M

Nice fanfic blogpost

12. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I mean, honestly, all he had to do was serpentine, or even turn around and look at the incoming arrows and dodge them until John gets there.

13. flasche

but he needed to die so jon snow could lose his mind and force one of the most epic clashes of calvalry ive seen. probably even the most epic.

14. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

They didn't know what to do with him and fans kept asking questions; they made the right choice.

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

everyones favorite 4 actors who will never die signed a deal for season 8.

game of thrones is sooo good because you'll never know whose gonna die next!

16. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Maybe they'll play a corpse.

17. complete_

complete_ lamer

im sure theyll come back to life in that case

because high fantasy

18. flasche

but if some characters die the whole build up of the story wouldnt make any sense anymore.
    a lot can die, but some just cant - at least not till the final season. so far i have been right with those i named in season 3 (i guess it was 3).

19. Deiform

Deiform Member

You mean Sandor Clegane, Jorah Mormont, Jamie Lannister, and Bran Stark are surviving until season 8?! Fuck yeah!

20. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Now we know why season 6 was so strange, they only used student directors for the first episodes so they got enough spare money for the awesome battle in episode 9! Finally TV gives us a somewhat realistic visualization of how battles in the medievil times could have played out. Of couse, Jon Snow has full plot shield enabled, it is like the writers toy with GoT's usual hero killings and want to scream at us "this guy can't be killed". Ramsay on the other hand is finally killed, but I wanted it to be way more satisfying and drawn-out.

Personally I think Episode 10 was even better than 9 and the best episode of the season and one of the best of the whole show. So many awesome scenes, so much stuff happening, so much story going forward. And a new record in the plot relevant characters deaths per second metric. Poor Tommen, he was too good for this cruel world. Atleast one death nobody saw coming.

Prediction: Now that we know that Jon is a Targaeryan, there is only one way this could end, with him marrying Danaerys. The song of Fire and Ice is the song about Jon and Dany.