Script changes for 2.8.1

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sgt.Security, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I will buff sticky grenade, I will also increase comm's resist to sticky bombs, for compensation.

For the two 18 weight armors, I think Capacitive is better than Reactive at tanking damage, but Capacitive comes with extra heat, that's a decision for commander to make.

In fact, there seems to be reasons to get every single armor now, well, at least it's definitely no longer "one decent armor, everything else sucks", I'll just let people play around for a while.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  2. complete_

complete_ lamer

why bother getting an armor that overheats you when you use it to fight other tanks.
    reactive is 150% stronger than compo and is lighter and the slight hp boost to capacitive is not enough to offset the heat problem

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Compo weighs 15, Reactive/Capa weighs 18.
    You are right about one thing, if I actually made Reactive lighter, it would be pretty fucking OP.

It's not 150%, I think it's more like 110~120%. Compo isn't 80hp plain armor. Due to reactive's extra weight you'll have to abandon maybe one plate on all sides.
    Reactive is also cheaper than compo.

I still don't think Capa's extra heat is completely uncontrollable, but I think I'll drop it slightly.

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

oops sorry i meant cost. my bad. its cheaper, not lighter

health:
    120x3=360 on ONE side, 480 on rest
    80x4=320 per side
    and thats for mediums. its higher for heavies

edit: nf meds have 5 armor slots right?

edit 2: i fixed a mistake

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Yeah, but compo isn't "just" 80hp, it has regen and two ways of reducing damage(Angle Modifier and Speed to Damage Modifier).

In fact, I was thinking if Reactive needs a slight buff.

Yes, NF med has 5 armor slots.

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

i personally do not think those things are better than the flat hp that reactive gives

also my brain is kinda farting so when i said 360 per side i meant on one side. 480 on the rest.

7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Flat HP does have strong advantages, it is 100% guaranteed and it's strong against stuff like Bio/vehicle MG.

But that's kinda my point, I don't think there's any armor that's, you know, outright better than others.

8. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I like driving with reactive, I think it is pretty viable up to the first phase of heavies. Then increased plates makes compos regeneration seriously useful.

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

You guys should try to build a tank for every single armor.

With Absorbant you can have more available weight, that means you can build a high DPS tank at a fairly cheap price.

Capacitive and Reactive both has 18 weight, you might have to go for low-weight weapons and maybe consider heat gen/diss especially for Capacitive.
    If you go for heavy weapons you might end up with lower protection than Compo.

Regenerative when the map is open and enemy don't have burst weapons like Guided.

I think I might give Compo a really really slight (maybe just 1% in terms of strength) nerf.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, reactive has been a great early game armor for a long time. Regen was ass because it couldn't regen from 0 plates and a gren rpg would strip off everything, but now it can actually keep moving so regen is also great early to mid game til heavies with their huge burst damage simply pops regens shell. It's just reactive fell to the way side because reflect and compo would work well enough for the entire game, no sense in researching 2 things right?

As a random extra aside, something that might help with armors being only useful at early or late game stage is making each chassis have different stats for each armor. It's totally possible, but boy does that sound like work. Just saying the plate system doesn't always carry well for certain abilities.

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Now that Reactive is even lighter, I think that's enough reason to get it.
    But you are right, people feels fine with 85/100. It takes a lot of work to push people from there.
    We have that for engines, I am fairly sure that's 100% possible.
    They can code it and put the scripts there, I might use it someday, definitely not recently.

12. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

You were not online when I tested the Capacitive insta-overheat. It wasn't slaughtered map that you are referring to. I believe I contributed to the overheat by firing my weapon which would have been dual HE Canon. One salvo from NF peaked the overheat, turrets kept it overheated until the NF tank fired again, and insta-death. But details you won't look into are worthless posting - why am I even trying?

Your obviously honing your service and support skills. You shouldn't be allowed to talk to people dude - you suck at it. I'd vote you not be allowed to touch scripts - things are getting

You witnessed nothing since you weren't even on when I overheated. It was not on the Slaughtered match you mentioned. We stopped using Capacitive due to the overheat issues. TURRETS generate heat to capacitive, and why don't you know this ? Could it because you are not testing? Why bother testing - just bounce back everyone's comments with an idiotic reply.

When in spec and First Person View - you can't get back to Free Look. The drop down says Spec_mode_POI. Please tell a programmer, I doubt a text file caused that bug.

How about a patch releases and some testing prior to pushing out shit? There are many people willing to support a test. I believe Creeper would support this as well on a separate server. As things are now, no one is very happy.

13. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

I won't comment on balance because I don't have enough playtime since the last patch release, but you can fix this by closing that menu and hitting space.

14. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

I'm certain there were a number of playtests for this release. I saw the betaserver filled a few times before this patch came live.

Also, I'm quite happy with this patch. Except NF Tanks still OP. But less than before.

I tried all the new armors. My dislike of Reflective didnt really change. Reactive is great, especially on NF which can get 4x5 plates + decent weapons (BE only 3x5+1x4). Absorbant is still shit. Regen is okayish but compo is clearly better. Did I miss one?
    Oh yeah, Capacitive. Nobody ever researches it since nobody knows where it's hidden. What the fuck do advanced magnets have to do with capacity anyways?

15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

NF Tank is not OP, it may be slightly favored, maybe not, but definitely not "OP", under some other conditions BE Tank is even better.
    My definition of OP : Can skip a big chunk of skill difference and win the fight.
    I didn't buff Compo at all, I only increased the cost.
    That's very interesting because Reflective was a must-get(pre-2.7.0) and now people suddenly discovered the power of Compo, even though I'd say Reflective is still pretty competitive.
    In next patch I'll further drop Reflective's difficulty to use, Angle Modifier takes skill to use.

Absorbant should be inferior in terms of strength because it's actually pretty cheap, you can get a med for 500 res and heavy for 1k res.
    You can try to go for even higher DPS(dual rail+HEMG+Missile/dual salvo homing+HEMG+cannon) with the extra weight and see the performance.
    120 damage only generates 7.2 heat. You definitely fired a lot.
    I am not saying 7.2 heat wouldn't do a shit, but you need to sacrifice something for that little extra protection.
    I will give that 0.06 DamageToHeat another one week or two because we don't have enough sample yet. If that's actually too much we can try 0.05.
    Any type of damage should generate heat to Capacitive, that totally fits the expectation.

You assume we didn't test at all, that's just funny.
    Last paragraph of yours is just an outright insult to all participated testers.

16. complete_

complete_ lamer

booooo theres noone on right now. id like to see what hemg reactive then rails/dual homing would be like.

i doubt anyone has tried arty yet either

17. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Arty remains too high of a risk to get, it will never be seen outside of slaughtered or money until someone restricts the number of them. I haven't played money yet but I would assume arty is less needed there too.

It's a shame really, arty is something I would like to make use of on a lot of maps but it's the quickest way to lose, probably even quicker then letting hobbes boomtank.

18. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Like I said, it's hard to push people from their comfy zone. If it does 85/100, they'll stick to it, unless other options are OP.

I am giving Composite an extremely slight nerf. Don't panic tho, I am planning just 1-2% strength nerf.
    That's actually sad, I think I might need game mechanics to make Arty research useful.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  19. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

What does 7.2 heat even mean? Is the maximum heat 100 or less? does it differ from engine to engine? I mean, since you can see the scripts and all you probably know what the numbers mean, but I only know that funny rainbow colored bar and some values called "maximum heat output" and "heat dissipation" of which I don't even know wether they reflect the actual scripts. Also the fact that heat dissipation/output (not sure which since, again not clear to anybody not involved with the development) changes with the vehicles speed (pretty sure of that one because gameplay... sloppy, should be the engine output) seems not to be reflected in those numbers at all.

20. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

While I think this game is full of "hidden" knowledge(yeah, that's so wrong), I didn't sign up to fix that.
    I can write a thread and explain the meaning of each term.
    Yeah, maximum heat is 100. DamageToHeat transforms the damage taken into heat 120*0.06=7.2 heat.

Heat diss is constant, engine always dissipate that heat. As for heat output, you can basically take it as "engine generates XX heat while moving", that's mostly the same as how it looks in-game.