卐AUSTRIA PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2016卐

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by McGyver, May 5, 2016.

?

Who would you vote?

Poll closed May 26, 2016.
  1. The candidate that loves Austria

42.9%
  2. The candidate that hates Austria

57.1%
  1. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Not only uncultured swine states like the US vote their president this year, but also the pinnacle of civilization, the stronghold against Islam, the only legitimate leader of the Holy Roman Empire, Austria votes on the 22nd of May.

The first round of the election is already over and the Austrian equivalent of Republican and Democrats got their asses kicked: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_presidential_election,_2016#Summary
    Like in the US there is a strong feeling of dissatisfaction with the political establishment here.

Now two final candidates are left: Norbert Hofer of the Freedom Party and Alexander van der Bellen for the Greens.
    It is basically Trump vs. Sanders, good vs. evil, rationalist vs. immigrant lover, McGyver vs. flasche.

The Green candidate wants even more Syrian immigrants in Austria and the EU becoming a federal state. That means that even a monkey with a gun would be a better choice for Austria.

Who would you vote? Remember, that unlike the US, Austria is a democracy where the parliament has the real power and the president is just part of the checks and balance system.

Would you let this city become part of an Islamic Republic?
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Salzburg_grosse_Panorama_original.jpg

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I can't choose between flasche and mcgyver, that's like choosing between apples and oranges and I like both.

3. Ranger

Ranger Member

I've walked on the bridge on the left. Many padlocks there. Later on I found a guy wearing an Olympiacos jacket.

I don't want more immigrants that cannot integrate in EU societies. Greece and other countries have enough ghettos and honestly I don't like sharing my land. EU is like a paradise if you think about it, just look at the nature. Anyway, no racism there. We ought to control our borders and also demographics. Not implying Austria or EU could become Islamic, as I don't believe that's possible. Most people are afraid for the integrity of their culture etc. I'm concerned about the immigrants think about when coming to EU, keeping in mind that clearly it's not just Syrian refugees that will occasionally go back to Syria.

I support the idea of Federal State. I see not drawbacks if done right, not even cultural distortion.

What does the Freedom Party want?

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

noone wants refugees thats complete and utter bullshit. but some are egoists willing to use everything as excuse to not give a shit and others are not.

and ranger they maintain contacts to chrysi avgi draw your conclusions.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  5. Ranger

Ranger Member

No there are people who want the immigrants here. The so called leftist "liberals" but I suppose it's some superiority complex and/or stupidity.

Golden Dawn is not strong anymore in Greece.

Why do the other parties suck? Doesn't the current government have strict politics on immigrants? That young guy, secretary of state I think, didn't he reinforce balcan borders with police etc?

6. flasche

no they dont WANT refugees either, i think everybody would be the happiest if the near and middle east region (how eurocentrist to call it like that) would come to peace and everyone could stay at home with the people they know. (there might be individual exceptions, but theres always idiots)

whats wrong in austria is rather complicated to answer. but lets say, we aint exactly known for our ability to adapt to new situations and extremely vulnerable to scapegoating.

its because were still a relatively rich country, but the fear of social descend is strong and gets fuelled extensively by the right. the fear is not completely unjustified, the reasons are different though. the decline started way before even the war in syria, let alone the refugee "crisis", and is more due to increasing globalization and a strong export oriented neighbor (germany). but that doesnt matter, we have scapegoats, we use them.

funnest part in all this, fpö played the leading role in fucking up our country, but everyone only argues about refugees and how the boat is full and they are to blame for the decline of everything and how they take our jabs and how they would be incapable to integrate in our culture (ive yet to hear a congruent definition) and whatnot, you probably know all that from your populists aswell.

but its not about arguments, its about feelings. mainly the feeling of fear.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  7. Ranger

Ranger Member

I stayed in Vienna for 5 days, eating McDonald's and Burger King. Safe to say the employees were all asian. I noticed that moment. It felt strange.

A nation with high unemployment like Greece doesn't need more workers so in a way immigrants do steal our jabs but obviously its different when an austrian takes a grek job and different when a afghan takes a job. Tho that's unlikely cause they are all being exploited by greks. most have them working for little money without insurance etc.

Anyway, yes refugees are a serious problem for every country but it's not the main problem and it's used by people like Trump and other populists.

A federal EU would resolve so many more problems much faster and hopefully a European Federation wouldnt be like USA.

LordDz_2 likes this.
  8. flasche

ofc they were, as austrian you get a better job than serving people at mcd. our unemployment rates are also at an all time high since ww2, but that has absolutely nothing to do with refugees and very little with immigration. around 2000-2007 we had 2 conserative-rightwing coalition governments, the effect of their neoliberal politics (which as always included selling profitable state property to friends) is still visible in our economic data (not to mention the coalition blew up twice). and the biggest part is still a matter of courts (hypo).
    as you may remember that period fell into the beginning of the financial crisis and eu crisis happend and now all looks like shit and what people do? they run back to those fucking everything up in the first place, it would be funny if it would be a movie and not reality.
    somehow they managed to make people believe events longer passed than the last legislation period (of 5 years) has nothing to do with now. we also seem to have rather bad memory.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  9. Ranger

Ranger Member

I think selling state property is better than keeping and letting in rot like in Greece. I don't think there are no Austrians fit for mcd.Not everyone goes toUni or becomes elctrician or something. Unemployment in grekland is the highest in EU. 26% or more I think and 50% unemployment for young adults.

10. flasche

yeah, no, selling profitable property below price to friends, best politics in the world - totally obvious how this only is in the best interest of a majority of citizens, everyone should only have such incredibly altruistic politicians ... :rolleyes:

11. Ranger

Ranger Member

Example. Government doesn't do check ups for its buses. This means when a tire needs changing it won't be changed, usually leading to the vehicle blocking the road, wasting resources and the time of everyone.

Management is incapable of managing, either due to lack of resources or due to the lack of interest or brains, or everything. A government needs no property to function. The free services this country provides are neat but it can't afford everything. The port of Piraeus was not as good. When the Chinese Cosco took over they started cleaning up things and upgrading it. Then communists protest now and then blocking the gates and causing trouble, because we need a mighty government right.

12. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Because privately run public services are a fantastic idea. Take it from an American.

13. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

That is literally racism.

Greece's economy is almost entirely domestic (as opposed to trading resources internationally, etc) so it needs both more customers and more jobs, i.e. more government spending to invest in an economy that will provide returns at a later date. At present it is stagnating due to ridiculous austerity measures (mostly inflicted as terms of yet another bailout) though so all it can do is shrivel up and die whilst inexplicably blaming people who are slightly more tanned than them.

This goes for a lot of European countries, Divide & Rule done fucked us up.

14. Ranger

Ranger Member

I said no racism because I focused on the fact that Greece has increased workforce due to immigration. Employers prefer cheap workers. AMIRIT? Not blaming people.
    An Austrian won't come to Greece to cultivate potatoes because he doesn't need to. No racism. The east is poor. That's why it's different. The Austrian got the job because the employer thinks he deserves it so it makes sense and it's right. On the other hand the afghan is chosen because he often doesn't have papers and can't ask for a good salary, so if there's someone to blame it's the Greek employer so don't start the racism thing. Racism is being used too often. Clearly the average European citizen prefers someone from Europe than someone from the middle east or Asia and not because of the color of the skin.

I know. But. Trust me it's better if someone took over and actually did something.

15. flasche

i dont know where does all the hate for states come from? states are only as bad as the people it consists of, if noone gives a shit, ofc you get screwed ...

... but like they advertised in that clip i posted in ctrl+v, move to somalia, its libertarians paradise, no state since 1991 ...

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

I think europe should all just make refugee countries in greece, and pay greece to take care of them (make sure they stay inside and stuff)

everyone wins, greece gets out of dept, refugees dont die in syria and only rape a little bit and only themselves, and europe doesnt have to talk to strangers.

17. Ranger

Ranger Member

thx.

Greece can't handle its own people, let alone all these eastern people. Pay to keep them inside? Don't waste you money. Just form a European Army and defend Greece yourselves noobs.

Personally, I would have used the armed forces to control the situation. It's just that with all those wannabe leftists and liberals they would be call fascists. Like, Greece is crazy. Government issues new austerity issues and then the very same government asks the people to go outside the parliament to protest against the government for their actions. And it's not different deputies within the government, most deputies did that when it last happened. "We fuck the people but we are with the people so we ask them to protest" wtf

18. flasche

the troika institutions made clear you accept what is asked of you. forgot that?

you know, something i dont understand, turkey makes a huge business out of refugees, why dont you?
    oh wait, you cant. you sold yourself when the fear mongering was worst.

shall we apply, "life is unfair"?

but i understand the situation was shit². it was a very obvious demonstration of power.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  19. Ranger

Ranger Member

lol so wot fok you all

20. flasche

well you didnt understood why your government does what it does. it simply has no say. dont do what "we" want? no money.

neither does any anywhere. any individual step into the "wrong" direction and capital goes. thats because its mobile, people aint.

also i didnt mean to blame greece. it was you against the rest, not much you could have done. its sad that this is what "european solidarity" has become.
    and with the refugee "crisis" it got more evident that such thing as a european solidarity has become nothing but a hollow phrase.

Last edited: May 13, 2016