Elected officials don't always end up in CV

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tama, May 9, 2016.

1. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I've had this happen before 2.8, probably before 2.7 too. It's kinda rare though, like maybe once or twice on a weekend kind of deal.

3. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I've seen it happen most frequently when there were two or more commanders up for vote that had at least one vote.

Also with ties but that might be the expected behavior? I don't actually know what is supposed to happen in those cases.

4. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Also, don't change your name while you're being voted in as a commander. I had some weird issues doing that.

5. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

You guys do realise you don't see the votes cast before you entered the team, which could mean that it wasn't you who was voted after all (that needs to be fixed).
    Unless he's talking about nobody ending up in the CV.
    I think it should be clarified what happens in case of ties, because I have no idea.
    And there's also the weird behavior of sometimes being put in the CV when voted and sometimes being put right outside of it, seems to happen randomly.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  6. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

What do you mean by that first statement? Are you saying you don't see the votes cast for other comms before you joined and opted in? Cause I would swear that you can see those votes.

The right outside of CV spawn is also a strange thing that I couldn't guess at the cause.

7. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Oh right I forgot a word...

You guys do realise you don't see the votes cast before you entered the team, which could mean that it wasn't you voted after-all (that needs to be fixed).

And yes that is exactly what I mean.

8. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

If I remember correctly the way the current system works is as follows (I could be incorrect, as I last checked this some ~3 weeks ago);
    1. Get winning player's ID.
    2. Spawn that player.
    3. Move player to CV origin.
    4. Force the player's USE function to make them enter the CV.
    5. Force player to swap to vehicle slot 2.
    I have also noticed the bug you're talking about, and using the system I described above you can probably make assumptions to why the player is spawned at the CV but isn't always entered into the vehicle.
    The thing that comes to mind is the physical push when you're inside a friendly vehicle to force you out of it's collisions, most likely this forces the player quickly away from a 'usable' position. I'm uncertain what changed to make this bug happen more frequently, but it definitely needs looking into.

9. Ranger

Ranger Member

Does the CV actually have a second slot? Because if that is true then why doesn't the commander die the CV is destroyed while he's in commander view?

10. Smithy

Yes it does; as seen in the vehicle scripts. -- "Seats" "2"

On entering slot 2 you exit the comm vehicle, but remain the commander inside of comm view menus. Essentially an invisible flying player is how I'd put it, but your camera is handled through a different system than that of spectator etc.
    The CV itself rejects entry input if someone is still tagged as commander.

11. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

We'll need to investigate the bug Mr.X mentioned, that the votes you see aren't necessarily correct when you joined later. It might help to display in text after the vote ends, who won and with how many votes. If none, the text would be a red warning. This will also help for when votes change just before vote end, so that you know if some behaviour was a bug or intended behaviour - for the aforementioned bug it will also make it easy to show.

12. Smithy

Also in the case of a tie - It appears the player with the highest player ID will win over the other. So whoever joined the server last.

Edit: Because this thread contains multiple issues I'll just summarise them:
    1. Player is spawned at the CV but doesn't enter it.
    2. If a player is in command view he doesn't die with the vehicle.
    3. Players are unable to see votes that were cast before they joined the team. Perhaps causing people to think they won the vote when they didn't.
    4. In the event of a tie, the player with the highest player ID will become commander. (Not a bug but is this the correct behaviour?)
    5. Changing your name during the vote causes weird results.

Last edited: May 10, 2016