General Quality of Life Improvements

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wired_4fun, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Wired_4fun

Wired_4fun Member

Creeper told me to make a thread, so I am.

What general quality of life improvements do you think empires needs?

Example: Reloading speed perk 30% faster reload.

2. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Grenade pull should be a mite quicker, I can never get a sticky on before I get run over because my avatar is a fat slob with no coordination.

3. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Joke answer: jump upgrade.

Real answer: So I'm pretty sure that there is some form of spawn invincibility. But I have never seen it be any use whatsoever in defense against spawn camping melee upgrade wankers. Spawn protection may need a slight improvement.

4. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Visual indication of things, Bio effect and such.
    Animations for defusal, just a multitude of things that have no visual feedback.

Tama, TheCreeper and flasche like this.
  5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

#cwclan ;(

(NOT A HASHDUCK!)

Ikalx likes this.
  6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Would really like it to tell me I left a squad or got promoted to squad lead somewhere. Too many people get caught by surprise with either of these.

Also would really like that voice clip that says research complete to be broadcasted to infantry, or at least anyone near the cv because I don't always realize research is complete while I'm out building things. Would be amusing if all the comm chatter could be heard from cv if your close enough, but that's getting a bit too much.

Also, I feel like there was a thread already where we discussed this, let me find it. https://forums.empiresmod.com/index...res-that-arent-obvious-to-a-new-player.18378/
    As you can see from that title, it's not exactly the same, but I feel like some of it would be relevant anyway.

7. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

I think there might be a server cvar that controls the length of spawn protection. This was a long time ago though so it could have changed.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

its funny because we already have a "you have been promoted" sound we can just reuse for promotion to squad leader (along with the text)