Are mines too powerful against infantry?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sgt.Security, Mar 24, 2016.

?

What to do with mines?

1. Mines should deal 85 damage to infantry

2. Mines should deal 105 damage to infantry

3. Mines should deal 150 damage to infantry (current)

4. Mines should force you prone until healed if they do not kill

5. Split mines into infantry and tank mines

6. Keep mines as one weapon

7. Mines should deal 10% more damage to tanks

8. Mines are perfectly fine versus tanks now, thank you very much

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Like I said, this is an invalid reason to support insta-kill mine.

Mine takes no resources/research/skill for you to insta-kill infantry, Gren is not an anti-inf class to begin with.
    And like I said, for most players, especially new players, mine is the most frustrating weapon in this game.
    "Hard to notice, insta kills you, no interaction whatsoever. "
    That's not very true. I am fairly sure at least 7~80% mine kills were effective.

2. Ranger

Ranger Member

With that mindset you could give a few anti tank mines to grenadiers and give anti infantry mines to riflemen or scouts, since their role is to kill infantry... Also remove the explosive stickies from the roflman because his role is not to kill tanks or buildings.

Of course I'm being ironic, no offense. I just find this idea wrong.

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Sticky grenade's anti-vehicle ability V.S. Mine's anti-infantry ability.
    You might wanna think again.

Like I said, mine requires no skill, unless you think sticky grenade requires no skill to use too.

4. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

If you gave anti-infantry mines to scout, it would actually be useful.

5. Ranger

Ranger Member

The point was that roflman's aim is not to kill vehicles. If you think that the grenadier's ability to spam mines is a major threat for infantry while it shouldn't, then reduce mine limit to 4. If you nerf damage you will ruin their functionality and this will affect gameplay. Mines are like walls. Their purpose is to slow the advancing. Injuring will probably work but still... people will just stack mines to get the kill, making the change futile and in addition, it means that more damage will be dealt to nearby teammates making it more likely to get a multikill.

If dying to random nub a mine is boring, how boring will it be to die to two nub mines?

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

If you truly think this change won't do anything, there's no reason for you to oppose this, right?
    1 =/= 2, with 5 starting mines you can only place 2 deadly piles. Grenadier will be forced to make decisions, not just "One over here, one over there and one there, now l'mma go get my coffee". If you want to place deadly zones, that's half deadly zones for you.

85*2 is 170, which is only slightly higher than our current 150*1, I doubt it's going to get you many extra multikills.
    Oh and, that's one more mine for you to deal that extra 20 damage, now with one more mine you get to deal extra 150 damage, that's a lot of difference.

7. Ranger

Ranger Member

I didn't say that. I clearly wrote what I think this change will do.

"Opinion noted, fall back in line."

I suppose what's left to say is that we'll see how it works in game.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

predator brought up the only time mines are annoying for infantry, when they are placed inside your barracks, leading you to die instantly when spawning (or being triggered by others) (on top of ladders too but thats more the problem of bad map design in district)

why dont we just address the problems of instant dying in the barracks when spawning? how about we just make you invincible to all mines no matter what for X amount of seconds when you spawn until you leave the barracks or you shoot your weapon (right now i believe you are only invincible to one mine i think?)

e: i voted for 105 but i would rather see it a little higher if nobody wants it at instant kill. i think a rifleman with digin should not be able to survive it (maybe one with digin and health upgrade). also there was no poll on explosion radius, which i think should remain the same.

chernobog likes this.
  9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Instant dying out there to a mine is even more annoying, I prefer dying in a rax.

If I died in a rax, I just respawn, good as new.
    If I died out there, I have to walk all the way back.

10. complete_

complete_ lamer

its not instant dying "out there" because you can see the mines. from so so far away.
    you can also remember where mines are usually placed.
    you can also get defusal.

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Like I've been saying, that's just not true for most, especially new players.

Mine is the most frustrating weapon in this game for those who's more likely to step on it.
    Mine is top 10 in terms of kill count for obvious reasons.

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

no. its more of a "wow im dumb that i stepped on this, out of the entire huge ass map"

you sure its not top 10 because they kill vehicles?
    you sure its not inflated because of district?
    are you balancing based on district?

13. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

and does your top 10 ranking also include tanks? i wonder if roadkills aint equally high ...

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

who knew that all the jeep spamming i did intentionally running into mines would eventually come back to haunt me

flasche likes this.
  15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

If mines are THAT obvious for everyone I am sure people wouldn't drive on them as much.

Mine is not the only weapon on district, other weapons get this "inflation" too and mine is still top 10.

Also stepping mines on district isn't less frustrating for those who would step on them.

16. complete_

complete_ lamer

oh wow you tried to change the debate from infantry randomly walking on obvious mines to vehicles driving on them, thinking i wouldnt notice. your fucking topic is called "are mines too poweful against infantry" (its cool to know that you think they are also op against vehicles as well, though. we know what your overall plan is now)

i guess your argument is "invalid" now, as you say
    didnt say that. i dont base balance decisions on district

17. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

No, I said that because mines are clearly not obvious for everyone.

Like I said, get rid of that vet ego : "Oh hey I never step on them, those who stepped on them must be fucking retards."

18. complete_

complete_ lamer

a guy who steps on a randomly placed mine on mvalley isnt a fucking retard. im sure ive done it myself.

however, they are a doink.
    [​IMG]
    i have no vet ego. i am in fact, the most nice player of 2015, evidenced by this image.

but i guess i need to remove my vet ego that says a guy who drives a vehicle into the water is dumb
    [​IMG]
    i never forget.

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Well, people drive into water everyday, if that single case is worthy for you to remember perpetually, I'd take that as a compliment. :)

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

nerf water