Empires Winter Squad League Game 4; January 16th 20:30 GMT/ 21:30 CET / 15:30 EST / 12:30 PST

Discussion in 'Events' started by Lazybum, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Game will be on January 16th 20;30 GMT / 21;30 CET / 15;30 EST / 12;30 PST. Click for your local time. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Empires+squad+game+4&iso=20160116T2030&p1=:

A note about time, I want to have warmup 30 minutes before, I want people to join in that time. We will simply start event at the appointed time. Fair enough?

Map will be SnowStorm if it's under 30 players, ward if over 30.

Server is Epic. There is a password, and this time I'm just going to tell you it here because this is a semi open event and pretty much anyone who actually uses the forums is a decent enough player that the old vets who want SUPER higherish~~ skilled games wouldn't mind them coming in. Password is derpyderptime .

I'll also set up the event so it when the event triggers all you have to do is click the join button. Be sure to join the steam group if you haven't already. As a quick reminder because it seems no one has noticed it the events tell you server AND password, but I also make quick announcements to help you guys out. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/empvetpug#

Also try to invite anyone you think would be interested in this, try to encourage more squads forming. We could use a few more to mix up match ups, and generally get the game going.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  2. Lazybum

And for anyone wondering what happened to game 3, Spec won that round. Not enough squad members for each squad showed up though so I'm not counting any losses.

Apologies for not doing this 2 days sooner, thought I posted this whole event but apparently that was a dream. :(

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Won't be there most likely.

I'll head back to my home for presidential election and I don't have a computer there.

4. Neoony

Neoony Member

I should be there.

5. Lazybum

So this is dead. I do like the format though and really feel like it can work, but it simply needs more players. Whenever empires updates I'll give it another try.

6. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Sorry i wasn't there lazybum i was out :< otherwise i would of commanded a team for you

7. Neoony

Neoony Member

it was 1v1 anyway

Anyway, Lazybum, if you are gonna be redoing this at update, I think a reset and few adjustments would be good. But definitely a reset.

8. Lazybum

Reset as in squads? I'd have to agree, this league showed 2 problems I didn't really expect, which was we were short on willing and halfway decent squad leads and the leads we did have were kinda in squads together. I think every squad had 2 or 3 people who can lead a squad.

Now, that wasn't so bad for mine and spikes squad because we also were commanding a lot, so it was nice to have that squad lead fill in, but it still resulted in a lack of leadership for more people in a general sense, which is kinda crucial to this event.

All that said, I can't stop people from playing with people they want to play with, it really goes against the spirit of this. I can try to encourage willing and able squad leads to step up and try to get thier own squad going instead of joining another one, but that's all I can do really.