Self-Imposed Vacation

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Catface, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Unbanning him was... a questionable move, banning him again is worse.

I was complacent with the idea that the forums could be a containment site for mrdie so he wouldn't have the constant need to add everyone on my friends list and ask them to message me. As I no longer post here anymore (I'm only here because I was made aware of the drama) I don't care if this place goes to shit one way or another. Mrdie can be king of his pile for all I care, I just don't want him harassing my entire friends list just to ask me why I hate him and his group of people, and having him unbanned gave me hope that it would end. It matters not to me if he can have his elections or not, if he can post or not, if he can influence development or not, if he hurts peoples feelings or not, or if he actually has the ability to make this mod better or worse by simply being present. This is no crown from the gutter, it is the gutter.

All I want is that Mrdie removes everyone on his friends list who he has added for the sole purpose of trying to contact me or any other person, to never again try to communicate with anyone by calling their grandmothers, and to learn C++ for the inevitable day when he is the remaining living soul who still wants to be involved in empires.

In short, don't talk to me, you don't even like me.

cheers,

Vinny

w00kie likes this.
  2. complete_

complete_ lamer

lmao are you not going to pay the bills or something.

hey catface im just going to speak for myself but when someone spreads rumors about a person in order to make them quit and then immediately takes their place, they are an asshole

the good news is you can change that by actually making the game better, instead of focusing on a fucking website like you have been the past 6 months. its crazy how humankind can forgive each other so easily. noone asked you to pay the bills, you volunteered to take them on. it doesnt make you immune from criticism

and i dont think anyone would give a damn about mrdie if you actually made good progress on the game
    lmao

3. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

After speaking with Catface for some clarification on what was meant by this post; he has confirmed he is still going to be working on development of the mod. He said that the quoted statement was actually intended to explain that he will be taking a short break from dealing with community affairs in order to focus on development.

Just to settle some of the tension from the last couple of days; things are still being worked on behind the scenes but progress can be slow because of timezone differences and a lack of spare time to contribute.

DarkHorizon likes this.
  4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

"I got the power."

Sums this whole stuff up.

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Yeah well you can only see the drama, but Catface has also been putting effort into getting a new version out, but you don't see that (at least not right now, with their planned move to go open-source)

DarkHorizon likes this.
  6. Neoony

Neoony Member

he also endangered all his efforts and efforts of other developers with all this drama... like it didnt even mattered

McGyver likes this.
  7. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

I don't recall that quote

8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I didn't blame you once for anything at all, stop jumping at any opportunity to play the victim you fucking child.

its litterally in your goddamn signature.

9. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

You guys are getting off topic. This is a holiday thread you bastards.

I want to see Cat Face's fishing photos - Is it freshwater or coastal?
    Whats the biggest thing you expect to catch & are you sure your license is in order? Be careful - the fines can be huge.
    Have fun on holiday guys, hope you have plenty of warm clothes. I always take twice as many pairs of socks as I think I'll need - nothing worse than soggy socks out by the lake.

w00kie and Neoony like this.
  10. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Azk is impeding the imperial rebellion against communist pigs from the far east, we need to halt their marsh and keep going off topic

11. Deiform

Deiform Member

You guys get pretty salty over stuff that doesn't mean anything. You should probably do something else if you're getting mad at a random guy on the internet talking about stuff 10 years old that no longer has any relevance. I play piano and learn languages for instance. Much more productive.

12. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Thats some positive use of one's time.
    Thats what a winner looks like right there guys.

w00kie likes this.
  13. Deiform

Deiform Member

PJSalt EleGiggle

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

omg i spent 15 minutes on a website in 2 days im so mad

15. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

That's Tricksters quote.

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

You had it conveniently stored in your signature.

17. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member