Star Citizen: Organization!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by =PVCS) Cpatton, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Neat, I wonder what dogfighting will be like on planets. Which reminds me I've tried the dogfighting again and it seems more fun then when I played it in like april with you guys before. Can't place my finger on what's different though.

Oh yeah, I've been wanting to ask does anyone want to have some races? I'm enjoying it a ton and would like to play against any challengers.

2. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Yep, really nice, it seems there is nothing Star Citizen won't do...

Btw: cheap starter packs are back AND from Februar 2016 on they will sepereate the MMO and the single player part, meaning you will have to pay more if you want both.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Star-Citizen-Starter

3. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

*spoilers*

I take it you guys watched the livestream?
    They just have a way of keeping us hyped, don't they?
    Planets, so soon? HOW?
    I mean, 1km diameter planets, NO LOADING SCREEN, manual atmospheric entry!
    Back in the days they said you'd have automated landing on SOME parts of the planets, well from what we're seeing right now (don't take it as granted) we might just get ENTIRE planets to visit, and the ability to land anywhere?
    HYPE!

And I didn't even mention the rest of the livestream which was also great (they're definitly getting better at it), I am definitly looking forward to seeing John Rhys-Davies and Mark Hamill's performance in SQ42!
    The Javelin is just gigantic, I still can't believe how big some of these are to think ONE capital ship in Star Citizen is bigger than entire maps in some FPS, not to mention this isn't even close to being the biggest ship.
    The MISC ships are just great, I still want to get my hands on a freelancer! not to mention that reliant, IN-GAME streaming, WHAT? who needs real life?

You must have guessed by now, I am a big fan of the game.

4. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I think the automated landing thing is for populated planets, which makes a lot of sense both in-universe and outside.

5. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Is the 2.0 alpha fun to play yet or is it still just more of a tech demo?

6. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Have a look at my twitch video, I show pretty much all that is to do atm (action starts at 4.30)
    http://www.twitch.tv/xanoris_the_real/v/29537188

7. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

2.1 is on PTU and I'm invited, anyone else?

8. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

After playing PTU 2.1 for hours, I'm convinced this is now a pretty fully fledged game. It's been so much fun to fly around, and completely crash free. Christmas is here.

9. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Yeah, I've already gotten more excitement and fun (and HYPE) out of Star Citizen than I have gotten out of many other games, and a great sense of community.

10. complete_

complete_ lamer

its been months since i asked this but how much have you guys each spent on this game so far?

i think everyone should stop spending $100+ on video games and go to a rock concert

11. Lazybum

80ish and I really don't want to spend any more. Should have stuck with the original 30, but getting right into what i want to do and still have that second ship sounded nice. It's still less then what I spent on bf3, now I really regret that premium pack there.

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I spent a few minutes registering.

13. complete_

complete_ lamer

as someone who is planning on buying smash dlc, and breaking my no-dlc vow, thats a wee bit too much
    at least the argument you can make with smash was that they finished the game first, then added stuff as they continued to support the game. but star citizen their whole model is to make you buy a huge spaceship before its even in the game (and not only is the ship not finished, the game isnt either)

14. Lazybum

But I didn't buy a huge space ship. Just 2 small ones that I could fly right when I got them. I'm with you it feels off to buy those huge spaceships that you can't do anything with til whenever, especially at those prices, but I got something that I can have fun with til game ships whenever, and racing is pretty fun.

A lot of people are just buying the basic package though, which is 40$. Mcgyver, Spart, I think Mr. X, and a couple more opted for that. It isn't like you can't get in for cheap enough.

15. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Finally got around installing it, why is the Arena commander making me use Merlin? I thought the freelancer was released recently?

16. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I actually only paid 25€ because it was in the early days of Star Citizen (without VAT) and that includes everything and an Aurora. I eventually got to buy myself a buggy with the In-Universe cash they give everyone from all the different events.
    I can only agree that some people spend an unreasonable amount of money for ships. On one hand it keeps the game funded, but on the other, I hope it won't kill the immersion in the beginning of the game what with everyone having tons of ships.
    Agree or disagree, people will spend stupid amount of money on stupid things and there's nothing anyone can do about it, it's just the world we live in...

The Freelancer is included in 2.1's "Baby PU" (universe), that's currently on the PTU. If you don't have PTU you'll have to wait for 2.1 to come out which should be pretty soon.

17. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Fair enough. It's still weird how it's making me use Merlin though, last time I played AC it gave me a hornet to use. I assumed if the ship you own isn't implemented yet you get a 'completed' ship closest to the value of the ship you own.

18. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

In some cases, yes if the ship you own is not available you do get a different one. However from time to time CIG makes some ships available to everyone (called "free flight events"). If you had both ships last time you played, it could have been a free flight event.

19. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Hey guys Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

I spent a couple hundred to facilitate ops. But then again, I loved all of Chris Robert's games, I absolutely knew he was going to bring back Mark Hamill, etc. I just knew I'd likely be really into it.

My neighbor spent around $1000. However he fully intends to "rent" ships to people, pull lots of big jobs, etc. As a part of our organization. He also knows that the value of the ships is going up, not down, so if he moves to something else he expects he may be able to recover it. He also just has that kind of cash.

Before this, I refused to ever pay more than $50 for a game, even Starcraft. This game just means more to me.

20. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Well this is the first time i hear of SC ship price speculation, SCoins ahoy!