Empires Winter Squad League Game 3; December 12th 20:30 GMT/ 21:30 CET / 15:30 EST / 12:30 PST

Discussion in 'Events' started by Lazybum, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Game will be on January 9th 20;30 GMT / 21;30 CET / 15;30 EST / 12;30 PST. Click for your local time. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...mpires+squad+game+3&iso=20160109T2030&p1=1440

A note about time, I want to have warmup 30 minutes before, I want people to join in that time. We will simply start event at the appointed time. Fair enough?

Map will be SnowStorm. If we do end up wanting to change maps like last time the next map will probably be Cyclopean, I remember a few wanting to play it last time.

Server is Epic. There is a password, it'll get announced on the steam group. I'll also set up the event so it when the event triggers all you have to do is click the join button. Be sure to join the steam group if you haven't already. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/empvetpug#

Also try to invite anyone you think would be interested in this, try to encourage more squads forming. We could use a few more to mix up match ups.

My title is messed up, can an admin change the date to the correct one? The 12th?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    vipervicki likes this.
  2. Neoony

Neoony Member

Didnt I hear somebody say that we can edit thread names?

Btw, I love how I got an email with the whole first post, when subscribed to events forum :D
    Really good thing that events have a separate forum :)

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Do you start the comm vote at 2130 or do you start the game itself (iow, the commvote finishes) at that time?

4. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

I will hopfully be there to command a team.

5. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I'm glad somebody finally listened to me about starting the warm-up 30 minutes prior to the event as it used to be and as it should be done. Hopefully it'll resolve the mess we had last time. But seriously people, please try to be punctual, if we're already playing on another server, just drop it and move to the new server.

6. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Not showing up to this. Busy.

7. Lazybum

That's when we change to the map we will play on, pick teams, and play the map. I can't pick teams until we actually start the map because that's when I know the final player count, it would be really annoying to have 5 or so stragglers coming in as the map starts for real.

@Neoony, yeah I said that when forums just started up again but it seems to have gone missing.:(

Also Mr X, before it was kinda assumed when we say game starts at xx:xx, we mean warm up starts then and actual match starts roughly 30 minutes later. But it wouldn't hurt to be more specific.

8. Lazybum

Game has been postponed.

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

Is there going to be a game next week? It's on a collision course with Wurm, it'd be best if we could fit the two somehow ASAP.

11. Lazybum

I was thinking of delaying it til the 26th because of that and it coming right after spike's random team scrim/pug thing. I might try to ask creeper if we can swap days so it happens on sunday instead, but I think I would schedule it earlier so working euro people aren't staying up forever. Anyone got an opinion on that?

Still, I'm losing hope on this. I know I shouldn't say that for a lot of reasons, but I can't generate interest, people complain about splitting the playerbase and there's no way this works as an open event, it's not exactly a stacking problem but it's pretty easy for teams to get lopsided, I got like 3 commanders, there isn't enough squads to shake up the match ups. I'm just tired of failing, especially when I don't know how to make it better.

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

Midnight isn't forever just yet :rolleyes:

13. Lazybum

It'll sure feel like it if you have to wake up at 6 am.

14. Neoony

Neoony Member

I think the one problem there is, is that people arent signing up.
    We had about 40+ people on the server prior to the event, but only 2 squads ready.
    Now I wonder if people either just dont care, or are rather unable or not willing to form a squad.
    Maybe if there were open squads with just squad leaders. (empty squads)
    Maybe then it would be easier for the more individual people to sign up, without having the need to get a squad together.
    Squads currently seem full, so If I was without a squad and would like to join the league, I would have to get myself a squad leader or be one. Which can increase the difficulty of joining the league for many people. Or atleast thats how it looks.
    But we would need squad leaders who would be willing to lead "randoms" and sign for the league with the intention of letting their squads open and announcing it....not forming it to the 5 people all privately.
    Or we would have to spread the people a bit and leave open places at squads, but thats maybe rather not good in the middle of the league.
    ....It might be or seem a little bit too private.
    ...or maybe Iam wrong :grinimp:

Another thing is getting the information about the league to the people who dont come to the forums... ( and to all those people who were there at the time of the yesterdays league game. xD )

But anyway, sundays look rather bad for me for evening matches.
    So yeah, the date of next game seems questionable, especially with all those christmas stuff.

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

I'm probably not a good source on this, but I've been running on about six hours of sleep for the past few weeks. Personally, I can manage.

@Neoony: The problem is, nobody seems willing to step up to the leadership roles. We lack squad leaders more than players. Opening up squads won't necessarily solve the problem, and I fear the drop in level of play will be noticeable.

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Noone reads the forums anyways

17. Lazybum

I've been advertising the forums during the week, saying you can find out about upcoming empires events, along with saying that squad league is a thing to be found here.

Neeony and destroyer are both right. Like I said I wanted to have an event where people could play exactly with the people they want to play with. I know that's there's a lot of people who don't want to make a squad or don't care who squad they are in, but I said, at least I thought quite clearly, that they don't need to have a squad and can just show up. Those things said though Neeony is right in that people might be seeing the full squads or don't see any open room on squads and don't want to go to the hassle of making one themselves, and countless people have said they don't have a squad so how can they attend? Destroyer is right in that we really really don't have squad leads in this game. A problem further exacerbated by how some of the potential squad leads we do have are already in squads.

Hmm, with that in mind I think I'm about to fish my entire friends list and ask people if they want to participate and can they lead a squad. If I do that I will probably delay to the 26th so squad leads can either get people they want to play with and so I can get more of the pub players to look at the forums and join steam groups. I'd appreciate if anyone who knows a good squad lead or even a good player to take a look here and ask if they'd like to participate, because sadly I'm not trickster with basically 200 people who used to play empires on my friends list, I'm only up to 84. I was hoping that simple announcements and just having a few games would attract more people, but it isn't quite working like it used to.

18. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

That should be the least of our concern.
    In terms of average, we weren't having some high-level games anyway.

I'd prefer 40 players scrim, not 10v10 "high" level gameplay.

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

I think I agree with this. However, I definitely felt an improvement in our squad's cohesion between games 1 and 2.

20. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Probably because its a choke map.