Empires Winter Squad League Game 2; December 5th 20:00 GMT/ 21:00 CEST / 15:00 EST / 12:00 PST

Discussion in 'Events' started by Lazybum, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Game will be on December 5th 20:00 GMT / 21:00 CET / 15:00 EST / 12:00 PST. Click for your local time. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=Empires+squad+game+2&iso=20151205T20&p1=1318

Map will be Bush. There won't be a second map this time, we will simply switch sides like usual. If teams are terribly unbalanced though I won't hesitate to have commanders repick teams.

Server is Jekotia. There is a password, it'll get announced on the steam group. I'll also set up the event so it when the event triggers all you have to do is click the join button. Be sure to join the steam group if you haven't already. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/empvetpug#

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Moved.

3. James

James Overly Annoying Retard

Yay, this gives me an opportunity to try my new Add-On, say hello to Calendar <3

Neoony likes this.
  4. Neoony

Neoony Member

Would be perfect, if you could subscribe to any new calendar events and you would get an email when new one pops up.

Could be a nice channel for empires events updates.

5. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

this

6. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Sadly can't make it due to time.

7. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Bush is actually a good map to play on its interesting i may be able to command for a side if i am there

8. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I should be able to make it.

9. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

We really need to get Hobbes to command for a side he was a really solid commander in scrims because he never used to boomtank

10. Neoony

Neoony Member

I will be there.

Anyway...
    Are we doing attendance check? Or we just hoping everyone shows up?
    Or atleast squad leaders should check with their squad members.

I think it would be a good idea to message people listed in squads. (...yes, individually)

First game was more obvious, but second will be more difficult with attendance in my opinion.
    Especially as I dont really see any new people joining or forming squads, or really any kind of activity.

Dont let people forget.

11. Lazybum

Yeah, like I said in the main topic the idea is that at least the squad leads will be up to date, because generally they are the ones actually paying attention to forums or steam group. They are responsible for their squad to show up, it's only 4 other people after all so it really shouldn't be hard to send a few messages.

As for why I haven't messaged you or anyone else in my squad, I tend to wait til Thursday because most people tend to know what they are doing in 2 days, any time before that and they don't have a clear answer. I just got sidetracked yesterday and didn't do it, so sorry.

12. Neoony

Neoony Member

Ok. Thats fine.

But.
    Did the squad leaders let you know about their numbers?
    Or are you gonna find out the minute it starts? :)

Thats my point :)

Do you atleast know, that squad leaders are actually doing any of that?
    Just wanna say, that if I was doing this, I would definitely want to know the status, atleast approximate. As...the one whos organizing should make sure its not gonna be a fuck up :)
    Its better to make sure, than to expect.

Really no offense, just trying to help. :grinimp:

13. Lazybum

Mmm, if I was pre assembling teams I would certainly be more inclined to be notified of what's happening with every squad. Here though there's a few variables that make it so I can't do that. Which is letting non squad players play and letting squads of any size play. To account for that we draft teams right at start.

The last dozen or so scrims really do show that unaccounted people will show up and there being a few cases of people saying they can show end up not showing, or sometimes the reverse. It's been a problem this whole time, which is why I'm trying this format.

So with how the game works, what good is it to have an accurate or an approximation, the whole thing is setup to work with whatever we get. I guess the 2 things that might come up is map being too big or small and not enough players wanting to play. The first count is easy enough, we can always change the map to something bigger or smaller if we need to, with how teams are selected and even commanders not totally known before hand there isn't as much reason to know what map we are playing a full week ahead of time.

For the second count well there wouldn't entirely be all that much I could do to prevent that, for the most part I can really only advertise the game during the week leading up to the match, it isn't like I can suddenly pull 10-20 people out of a hat. People will play if they want to play, that said though I will ask anyone who did show up if they want to have a smaller game, this is fine if they do. And if they don't, well I want to make it so when scrim starts, and people are actually starting to join, we find out within about 10 minutes what our player count is at and decided right there if we should bother. People will be playing eastborough or possibly district ( I like east because it can actually end fast enough) so it isn't like people are waiting doing nothing. Honestly I feel if we get just 20 people I think it's worth it to play, the last game only had 26 players I think and I honestly had a ton of fun, several others seemed to have fun too.

Neoony likes this.
  14. Neoony

Neoony Member

15. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

sure its CEST and not CET? :p

16. Lazybum

That's what I get for copying old thread titles without changing everything. Thanks for the reminder.

17. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

:cough: utc :cough:

yeah yeah i already shut up about it ^^

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Can someone at least upload a screenshot of the scoreboard?...

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member