New Game & Forum Rules

Discussion in 'General' started by Catface, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Catface

Catface Member

Noting how previous rules and administrations have failed to stem the tide of overly toxic behavior by certain members, new rules have been created and can be found below. These rules take effect immediately. Both in game and on the forums. These rules will be enforced rigorously with no exceptions.

1. Keep it civil. You are free to disagree, even harshly, and you don't have to be nice. If you feel like you are unable to keep your cool however, take some time off. Failure to comply may result in post deletion, muting, gagging, kicking and (short term) bans for repeated offenders.
    2. Don't shittalk. If you are found deliberately trying to destroy someone's reputation, in and/or outside of the game, through hearsay and/or deliberate twisting of words or facts, or attempt to pit people against each other, this can and probably will result in a permanent ban. Both on the forums and all game servers.
    3. Again, these rules apply to everyone. Playtime or length of membership will not serve as mitigating factors in this decision. In fact, long-term members should know better than to do these things.
    4. These bans are permanent and will not reversed. Unless proof is provided that will nullify the allegations, these decisions are final.

<Edited by Tama; finally removed that distracting gif>

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2016
  2. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Catface i fucking love you.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

um... for those who are banned from servers and forums... How to contact someone to dispute the allegations especially if they are not steam friends with a mod/dev/owner? Sorta happened to me a while ago with a certain mod who banned me because I have a dancing bannanaman in my profile. I had no idea how to contact anyone to dispute that shit since I was cut off from the forum.

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

this is dumb

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

^ i agree ^

ban people or dont ban people. you dont need to justify anything with vague rules. thats the dumb thing about it, not their general content.
    its then gonna be all mimimi rules blablabla bullshit ... weve gone through all that. how about the good old "no the door is closed i dont want you in here"?

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

no exceptions my ass boi

7. GelatinInternetSkeleton

GelatinInternetSkeleton Member

Simple enough. There needs to be a set standard in which we need to follow. Having shittons of rules makes enforcing those rules impossible and having none causes a whole lot of assblasted complaining when someone does get banned.

8. flasche

its like an invitation. oh lookie, someone put up a nice rule there, lets go break it ...

... i mean cant be so hard to know how to behave like a human. :rolleyes:

9. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

ohh, you mean like all the wars an genocides that humans have brought upon each other. Ya, that is easy to do.

10. flasche

no rules changed anything about that either ;)

nor will they

11. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

Are these the only rules from now on or do they add to the oooold rules?
    Simply put: Are we now free to show knobs and nipples and link to abandonware?
    Are we allowed to talk about the BF1942 version of Empires again?

12. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I would advice against it, krenzo is above the law. Just look at what happened to poor destroyer that one time.

13. Catface

Catface Member

Suspects and perpetrators will be confronted and questioned before any bans are handed out. I will create an appeal/open moderation forum or appoint someone for that purpose.

There won't be a long list of categories and matching punishments. But we're not going to have a culture where people can be banned on a whim either.

These replace the old rules. I'll amend them though with some additional ones just in case.

14. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

Can we just ban Mr. X ahead of time before waiting for him to break all of these at once?

15. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

could neither find a way to restore the original post nor the exact image used so have a kitten instead.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
  16. flasche

its just the guns incident makes it look like ad hoc legislation (which it probably is). its such small community and all in all rather civilised isnt it?
    ofc i dont mean ban someone without further notice, the problem isnt so much the rules though.
    no rule will make someone who gives a shit about that theres people on the other end of the intertubes turn into a likable person.

but if youre happy typing out rules, dont let me stop you :)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  17. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

sieg heil mein catface!

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

z0hm has admin...

19. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

That's a neat trick. Wait, does he have admin for whole board or just chunks?

20. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

He's the new Spartacus.