Another Star Citizen thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Posthumous, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Posthumous

Posthumous Member

Everyone!

Hey guys, Post here, post-perma ban and now that I can post on here thanks to CyberKiller. I wanted to address everyone who I haven't go to with personally. Cpatton and I as many of you know are running a star citizen org and I'm excited to tell everyone we're planning another "Town-Hall" meeting of sorts.

So why on Earth is this important for a game that is going to come out in 10 years? First, it's more so I want the Empires community to get together and learn about this game. I believe in it, I look forward to it but I'm patient with it and so I waited up until they have some exciting content about to release before I wanted to drag everyone into one Teamspeak channel

The meeting itself will consist of a general overview of where SC is, to tell you Chris Roberts hasn't embezzled all of his money and to tell you about Arena Commander 2.0 basically, what we're all waiting for. A Mini-Persistent Universe where we get to do what we want when we want. This will have an FPS component for those of us who love FPS tactics and such (For Example our SC group covers Arma 3 types as well as Empires folks) And the king of them all they're finally releasing Multi-crew ships to fly, I am very excited about this because it is the first real showing of what Star Citizen is promised to do. I also apologize for my lack of concern for grammar, this is a form post and I'm not too bothered. Everyone is invited to come, it will be on November 1st, at 2pm Eastern (7 UK) and whatever fucking time you PDT people wake up. It is a Sunday but it's also Halloween so Cpatton and I will be hopelessly hungover Saturday.

I hope to see everyone and the TS info is below, I ussually sit in there some come speak to me whenever I'm not at University!

Shaggsplace.com
    Password: Dufus

2. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

So an opportunity to convince more people to buy Star Citizen using your referral code?

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Sorry I don't have any shekels to spare.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Bottle caps? Maybe they accept them like Bethesda.

5. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Lol. We will be hung over Sunday too, because Halloween is Saturday. The universe drops that weekend, it's a chance to get in, fuck around with ships, and play together. That's it lol, see you there!

McGyver, we are consolidating referrals for the purposes of maximizing the rewards for the group (some extra Gladiuses will be nice, for whoever). So far Posthumous, Spartacus and I have prospects, once we reach 10 we move on to the next person. Which we would have no problem being you McGyver, since you seen interested in it.

6. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Ah now it makes sense why you wanted to 'coach' people on public information. You made a ponzi scheme.

7. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Hello Mr Patton, I think its time you tell me more about this nice corp you got.

8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

First post of that other star citizen thread. Why do you ask silly questions?

9. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Wtf is "coach people on public information"? 0.o What is this a government secret XD?

Lol. Um, no not really a scheme, at least not until this week. Look just ask McGyver or look at his sig if you dont believe me. The referral system didn't come out until last weekend, and the system has rewards all the way up to 10 referrals. The 10th is a free ship. Instead of each of us getting a few (shitty) rewards alone, we wanted to maximize the ships. That's it. In fact I'm helping Spartacus and Posthumous fill up right now, so if it's a Ponzi Scheme I'm just a victim at this point lol.

Also, for those who don't know about the system, when you use a referral, both the referrer and the referred get extra in game cash. So if you were going to buy the game, it's a benefit to both parties.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  10. Posthumous

Posthumous Member

Just a heads up. I don't care if people buy into this game. I'd love to have more referrals and I'm actively looking for people primarily because I believe everyone can enjoy themselves. I'm in University, I work full-time at honestly a pretty rough and tumble position. I look forward to come home and unwind playing some games and I've always enjoyed most when I get to do that with people who are fun to play with. So I guess I should edit my original post but I want people to join our Star Citizen group because I believe it'll become arguably the best way to unwind and relax after a long and shitty day and I look forward to that. Because Beer is getting expensive....

11. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

How big is this "mini persistent universe" in arena commander 2.0 going to be?

12. Posthumous

Posthumous Member

Cyberkiller it's supposed to encompass the idea of a Jovian Gas Giant. So one of Jupiter's farther moon's (Sinope) Jupiter has 5.46×10^22 KM cubed. So, Star Citizen is supposed to be a 1/4th scale I believe. so Still roughly 10 million KM in every direction

I hope that answers your question

13. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

I was hoping there would be a few systems in it...

14. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Supposedly it drops with 37 or 38 functioning missions. Now, while I assume "functioning" is in the alpha sense, that's still much more impressive than I would expect. I assume warps will be next. Stanton (the starting system) is directly connected to Terra, so I assume that will be one of the first systems to drop that we will be able to warp to.

15. Metruption

Metruption Member

I'm not interested in a prettier version of Haven and Hearth: In Space

16. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Wow. I had no idea what this game was, and then watched 1 minute of a YouTube video about it.

And then promptly stopped. Looks like a really shitty and terrible version of minecraft, particularly the mod they are playing now where absolutely everything is a quest.

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

18. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Coulda sworn minecraft was heavily inspired by infiniminer.

I played haven and hearth. The major difference between that and star citizen is mostly haven is a skill grind, but there's no skills or as far as I know any rpg stats in star citizen. Star is pure action too, not that wonky hitting each other like runescape or ultima(ultima wasn't as bad though for certain reasons.)

Haven wasn't bad in ideas... it's just no limit on skills or stats is one of the dumbest things someone can do.

19. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Haven looks like a 3rd person flat world MMORPG. It seems to be runescape in perspective and action, but minecraft in survival.

... I haven't played it but I don't see a single element of star citizen in any of it. FPS? Space Flight? Economy?

The only thing I can think of that prompted the comparison is "missions", which missions / quests are a part of every MMO, so might as well be as close to all of them. What am I missing lol.

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

Minecraft was inspired by Infiniminer but Notch was working on Wurm before he went off to do Minecraft.