y no one talk about doto no mo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by communism, Sep 9, 2013.

1. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Lol hahaha Paradox outtrolled, I love it.

The sad thing is the level of dumb in this argument is obvious, and anone who actually cares about learing something importal about DOTA probaby shold heed Paradox's perspective. ZIO0O0O0O0OM is simply finishing Paradox's frothing rage where Paradox makes completely unbounded statements, but is in essence correct.

There are quite a few very good strategies in the current patch. If you watched all of the TI main event alone you should know that, but the group stages had a different set as well. One of the analysts even quite interestingly commented on day 3 or so of the main event that "each day seems to have its very own meta". While that sounds kind of rhetorical and mundane, it actually speaks to the diversity of strategies.

Yes, derp, obviously there are bad strategies. Barring that statement of the obvious, the ability to employ a number of different strategies and win simply as a matter of execution is strong in this patch, possibly strongset in this patch than ever before.

TLDR lol trolls.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

How nice of you to edit all that vitriol out of your post. And the number on the page doesn't state it's the amount of concurrents, just the total, which might as well include disconnects, channel switchers and passers-by, which wouldn't reflect the number too well.

And while everything is on the Internet, it's sometimes easier to just ask somewhere in hopes of other people providing the answer. As sort of evidenced here.

3. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

I've waited years upon years to post this. Thank you for the opportunity.

[​IMG]

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

This mode is really fun. Not the undying I was dazzle but look at those fucking stacks he got in one go he's pretty much treant.
    [​IMG]

Twitch numbers don't matter that much because most people watch in game. Also there's bots on twitch that inflate user counts, people say Riot does that I'm not sure they're probably just general bots from scammers and google or whatever. Anyways twitch numbers don't say much. Oh and you could watch it on youtube as well, which is honestly superior to twitch because the VoDs aren't crap. I think twitch is going to die and I'm really happy for that.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

I Am aware of the viewership split between viewing platforms
    I am aware of bots
    I am also aware of Twitch's VOD service having improved greatly over the past few months. Vods are actually watchable without constant stuttering now.

6. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

How bad was the lag?

Because I played my first as Zeus yesterday, ended up as the top player across the whole match, but my god the lag was awful.

7. Deiform

Deiform Member

The lag should be better today because they're hosting Overthrow and 10v10 on official servers now.

8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

10v10? That sounds like it could be fun.

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

empires people should play a 10v10 with alltalk. im in

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

I'm in for that Too.

11. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

actually, the game allows for 12v12, so there's that. should be a ton of fun.

12. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Member

13. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Member

And all that hassle in this forum about debating whether Secrets strategy-approach was in itself dumb or because of the circumstances...

It didn't work, simple as that. Let's just draw an analogy towards meterological information gathering in WWII and how it had to be incorporated into any execution of a plan: Rough swell? Our boys are good swimmers, we'll win! Sure, individual player skill is a resource you can rely on when drawing up your path to victory over an adversary. But I think it's the equivalent to making besieging and storming the stronghold of your enemy the central point of your strategy, as stated in Sun Tzu's Art of War - and there it's the least desireable because least reliable path to victory. What else do you rely on in a battle to death - or elimination of opportunities, for doto - than on the material qualities of the individual soldier?

Leading a war by outmaneuvering or by dictating a stable peace-equilibrium (out of the question for the competetive-sport situation) on the other hand are according to Sun Tzu the best ways to assuring victory. Just think about what the most commanding examples of victory in pro-doto are: When the enemy ggs out even before the tier2-towers are touched. Sun Tzu might not be generalizable for all situations of rivalry, but it's quite applicable for pro-doto - 2 forts, moveable entities, popping out of nowhere where the enmy didn't expect you aka smoke... When you have to go all the way to the throne, you know the game was not decided in the draft and the organization of action through the round, but by the outcome of those actions alone.

But what do I know, I'm only 3kmmr trash. Or rather I don't even know that, because it's still TBD. But I think we can agree that no pub, no matter what mmr, is comparable to playing in a tournament format, it's sui generis.

14. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Member

And yes, if my system is able to, I'd like to feed in a 10v10.

15. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

10v10 sounds fun, I would be up for that.

16. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/xHva2Hd5ST8[/YOUTUBE]

17. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

That has to be like the 3rd or 4th time we've queued against Draskyl between us.

18. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Why do you pick clock against those heroes? Literally none of them care about getting hooked.

19. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

You do realise youre talking to a guy who gets drow items on windrunner right

20. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

My offlaner picking decision is basically: Is the enemy carry melee? Pick clockwork. Is the enemy carry ranged? Pick mirana.