GTA5 PC

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by A-z-K, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Neoony

Neoony Member

You will most probably not end up first if you ram somebody. (unless absolutely everybody is ramming, but then its more of a luck race)

Its a legit strategy to not end up as the last one, but its really not effective for finishing in the first place, unless you really manage to ram without getting yourself fucked up, which is quite hard.

Usually getting rammed at the beginning many times means you wont finish first no matter how good you go. (also depends on the rules of the race)
    Its much better strategy to learn to avoid any ramming, unless you really somehow learn to ram without any slowdown.

If there is just one guy who manages to not get rammed, you will most definitely not win the race by ramming.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

[YOUTUBE]Pq56SUvtnqY[/YOUTUBE]

As an aside, the guy who made that video has done comprehensive rankings of every vehicle in the game once fully upgraded. It's worth listening to what he says about the top few rather than just buying #1 because some cars suit different tracks/driving styles and sometimes the margins are close enough that you have a little choice.

So for example, my cars:

Buffalo (Sports) - First car, used only for heists really, not very good

Turismo R (Super) - This was 3rd in the rankings, though about equal with the 2nd place Entity. It very much suits my driving style of taking corners really tight and clipping the kerbs, but it does tend to lose out in a straight line vs the Zentorno, and good Zentorno drivers (of which there are very very few) will usually beat me.

Sanchez (Offroad + Motorcycle) - 1st in the rankings for offroad and the margin between this and 2nd place was huge, nothing else touches it. It's also a fun vehicle to have fully upgraded in general, so I'd recommend getting yourself one either way. I don't use it in motorcycle races and it's pretty low ranked in them.

Duke (Muscle) - 2nd in the rankings but actually really close to the 1st place Dominator. I really like how the car looks and handles. On top of that, it's an exclusive for returning players from 360/PS3. The night GTA V came out, I dusted off my brother's 360 and made an online character purely so I could transfer it to PC and get any potential benefits. This is one of them.

Elegy (Sports) - 1st in the rankings and actually the best value car in the game as far as speed goes. Has a tonne of customisation options as a "Japanese Import" style car. It's a decent bit faster than 2nd/3rd/4th place which are all clumped together, but to be honest I'm not actually that keen on it. I'll probably be buying the 4th place Massacro when I can because the Elegy has really shitty brakes and I don't like that at all. It's a nice car though and it's the reason I've won a lot of sports car races. It really is the best.

Bati 801 (Motorcycles) - 1st in the rankings. The 2nd place Akuma is nicer to me, but it's really hard to do wheelies on it. Wheelies are essential to getting more speed in motorcycle races, so that kind of kills the Akuma for me. Bati and Bati race versions are the same.

There's a spreadsheet with all the times listed: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...K3ndXToZYVEFAb9Pc5kXEHXMM/edit#gid=1399962921

I would seriously recommend watching the videos though, or at least the last 5 minutes of them. Times aren't everything and it's really important to get a car you actually like, rather than one that's just ranked as the fastest.

EDIT: Oh also, don't ever put any tyres that aren't offroad tyres on your vehicles. They're objectively better than all the others and because I'm a whore for chrome, it cost me well over $300,000 to refit all my vehicles once I found out High-end tyres were objectively the worst.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  3. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

TL;DR; Press W before the countdown starts and release when the timer hits 1, then press W as soon as possible after GO as usual. Also be thankful that most americans don't have this annoying british accent.

4. Trickster

I'd already TL;DRed it earlier.

Lamer just wanted to know if I was making it up or not, hence the video.

5. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

Just to piggyback on this, don't let that spreadsheet influence your vehicle choice too much. While the Rhapsody (compacts) is 1st in the race Broughy uses for measurements it will suck hard when you race against Pantos (compacts) (Smart car) on tight corner tracks.

What the list also doesn't cover (Broughy mentions it in his videos though) is "ramming resistance". What happens to your car when someone bumps into you while you're at high speed? Will you loose control or will the Bumper curse having tried that.

watch those damn videos and take the car you feel comfortable with.

6. Vdragon

Vdragon Member

Elegy RH8 for best car 2015

7. w00kie

[​IMG]

Broken AF, broken AA and PCMR logos FTW!

I wonder what happens when I switch the active Crew ^^

[​IMG]

Better burn down my garage and skin myself.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  8. complete_

complete_ lamer

knew about the cars but didnt know about the tires. will try that out next time i play. thanks

9. Trickster

Essentially, when you go over kerbs and stuff in high-end tyres, you're very prone to spinning out. Offroad tyres tend to absorb most low-level impacts like that to the point where you can barely notice them.

Related video:

[YOUTUBE]d0kDIRrxgIA[/YOUTUBE]

@W00kie I don't know if I agree with regard to Rhapsody vs Panto. Even on the tight tracks, the idea that the Panto will beat the Rhapsody on the corners is only really legit because the Panto is probably going slower. If you actually practice with the Rhapsody (I've driven Fooshi's a decent bit) then you shouldn't really be losing out vs a Panto. I'm not disputing the Pantos are fast and nippy, and generally fun to drive, but the Rhapsody is definitely king unless the entire race is taking place in alleyways, in which case it should really be a motorbike race anyway.

10. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

11. w00kie

The update makes my phone look like this

[​IMG]

By the way, I updated our crew logo and color.

[​IMG]

The color is pretty much the NF base color, crew logo is Brenodi.
    If only my tattoos would look less like arian brotherhood

12. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

That is super gangster, esse.

13. Neoony

Neoony Member

Thats such a huge update changelog, nice.

Cant wait to try, if it fixed some of my issues.

14. McGyver

The new high-res mod for GTA V looks awesome:

[Youtube]0ZZquVylLEo[/Youtube]

15. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

im more impressed by the cloth simulation :o

16. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

whoa when did GTA 5 get a semi-decent soundtrack?

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It didn't but the guys that created that video also did a load of cool short films, and even a full-fledged movie. Look up Sync for an hour of awesome.

@Wookie Does your character intentionally look like Theon Greyjoy?

18. McGyver

I find the music selection for the GTA 5 radio stations pretty awesome. The soundtrack for the loading screen is nice too.

19. complete_

complete_ lamer

i dont know about the next-gen stations but the only station that was really great was west coast classics on ps3

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I'm stuck on VROCK in Vice City :(