JFR VS paradox and mixed players

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Spike, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I get it now.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Ehh, that list means fuck all anyway.

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

That has only logged ~60 hours of my time on the server even though I've more hours in empires than that. They're just numbers anyway I've since graduated from elementary school I no longer need to sniff glue and see how many stars I can get.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

1: That stats started recording on Aug 2014, not even a year.

2: You can get "bonus" points for multi-kill and stuff, so you guys shouldn't treat it like ELO.
    Your points are highly correlated with your k/d against better/worse players.
    Also because of the bonus points, your points are also moderately correlated with your connection time, or the time you actually played.

So basically, 3k ELO is god no matter how much you've played, but 3k EmpiresPoints means you are utterly bad if you spent more than 10 whole days on this game.

3: The later you join, the easier you can climb higher, because everyone will just get more and more points.

Does this clear out your questions?

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

That's true to some extent, but kind of not. Idk, like saying the "win-at-all-costs" mentality is for people who just want to win and not actually enjoy the game, it's a little bit unfair. The problem is who you use those tactics against though.

EPIC played a lot of rounds against lower end teams where we generally held back a bit to make it into a more enjoyable game. We'd push our lines just as much as we usually would, but we'd avoid employing rushes or just turning the match into chaos because it would probably be over in 5 minutes. I remember one time we actually worked on on emp_isle that we could probably rocket snipe the BE CV and end the game within the first 20 seconds of the round once the commander memorised the spot to place the target. Again, we didn't do it because we wanted to have fun.

On the other hand, if you're against a team that, given the right circumstances, has an actual chance to beat you, you go absolutely all out. You don't hold back and you use every single tactic, trick or strategy you can think of to get that victory.

ANYWAY, with regard to what some people are suggesting, here is my idea.

Rather than clans, think of it as 2 teams. You have JFR, and then make up a name for the other team. People can just join one of these teams and you can scrim every other week. The key is to make sure people are scrimming with the same team every week. People lose interest in bi-weekly pugging because they have no affiliation to the team they join. But when they're actually representing the same team each week, then it makes a difference and adds a bit more passion behind the participation. Back when we did the 2009 pugs (BE vs NF), we had just 1 round every 1 week to 3 weeks, yet every single week had a full 48 player server. This wasn't because there were more players at the time, it was simply because of how much people cared about representing their team. The games weren't always that fun, but people just really wanted to win, and that made it fun in itself.

EDIT: Just watched the replays. Paradox is fucking bad and he should feel bad. Grant is entirely fucking right, those were trashcan tactics and you deserved to lose. That 3rd round where you sent no-one to dam or north, even if you succeeded in getting all 3 jeeps across the bridge (lol 1/3 jeeps is better than 0 jeeps Pred) then all the BE comm has to do is drive onto the bridge and drop an armoury behind himself, and voila, you just lost the North and the dam for 2 refs worth nearly 3 times less than North/Dam combined, you didn't get CV and you basically just lost yourself the game for absolutely no fucking reason.

So yeah, if someone does lead the other team, it shouldn't be Teef and it shouldn't be Paradox.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  6. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I diden't put him in charge and I wasn't there to command or do anything for that matter.

I put sitka in charge and it was his decision to let paradox fuck up the game for everyone else.

Senor was supposed to be the LT and sitka's voice because he doesn't have a mic, and Senor let paradox into the team and fuck it up.

Yet trickster fucking blames me for somebody elses mistakes and tells me I shouldn't command my own fucking scrim team.
    How about a thank you for giving you kids something to bitch and complain about on a Sunday?

I could of just refused to scrim and do whatever I had to do. No instead I put somebody else in charge because I knew everyone else have been waiting forever and its selfish to not scrim because im fucking busy. Unlike trickster that doesn't let his clan do anything outside of dota.

Because im not a dictatorial asshole that sits on my ass and tells other people how to do their job.
    This shit is always traced back to me and I don't have to do a goddamn thing for it to be my fault.

I could be in damn coma, and people will blame me for the actions of somebody else.
    I talked at senor and sitka demanding why they let pardox in and why it was a good idea.

Both of them said they didn't fucking care, end of story.
    Nobody cared and yet everyone is still talking about it like it was some big event when it only lasted 20 minutes?

Did it last 20 minutes? I don't fucking know I don't even want to look at the footage.
    It was a goddamn mess, and it would of been avoided if it turned into a fucking pug like I said it should of.

But nope Fuck Bigteef he should just suck it up and get ringers because THIS IS A SCRIM.
    Who cares seriously? I know none of you guys do, you play the game maybe like once in a blue moon.
    Once or twice a year maybe? Hell I barely play on weekends, but ill admit that and not tell others how to play the game.
    Especially to people who play 5v5's at 3 in the morning, or the guys that play low counts during the week.

Security is the only person I recognize in this thread that plays regularly and daily and doesn't derail topics with dumb dota bullshit.
    And the other person who has any valid criticism against me is Hobbes because he also fucking plays regularly.
    Hobbes and security can talk all the shit they want to me, because they earned the right to do so.

Nope this is my fault, so fuck it ill take responsibility for something I didn't plan, execute or talk to anyone about at all.
    I should of just dropped everything and forgot about my 200 question licensing exam, empires comes first after all.

Empires a dead mod you guys will defend to the grave but will never play it unless it's convenient for you.
    If you didn't want a rusty game, how about you play regularly instead of theorize on bullshit nostalgia.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  7. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Let's dial it back a notch or ten.

That set of matches was fun and I don't regret participating.

Isn't that all that really matters?

8. Trickster

I didn't blame you once for anything at all, stop jumping at any opportunity to play the victim you fucking child. I just said that if there were going to be regular scrims between 2 longish-term teams on a bi-weekly basis, you are not adequate to lead one of those teams, because whoever does lead it needs to have experience playing in high-level scrims for decent teams, as well as be able to command the respect of his team. Hence no you, and no Paradox.

If you just want to play pugs then go ahead and try organising it yourself. I'm sure you're happy playing Empires at a level where you can just shout at your team in your fucking annoying voice all round and somehow lead a team of retards to a win. That's great for you. But for a lot of people they want more, they want to actually make use of the immense depth this game has. But instead, you sit there on your high-horse crying about how you're being triggered by people trying to play the game at a level you aren't comfortable with because despite playing the game for so long, you're still a fucking trashcan. Boo fucking hoo. inb4 muh disability, still doesn't affect the fact you're a trash tier leader and commander.

With regard to people not playing, a lot of us stopped playing because the average level of play dropped enough to make the game not enjoyable any more. When you've played a game for upwards of 5 years, there needs to be the depth to keep the game interesting, and when every single round barely scratches the surface of that, then yeah, things get pretty boring.

If the bi-weekly scrim thing happens with PERSISTENT teams, I will definitely get myself involved, and I'd definitely expect other non-playing vets to as well. But I'm not really interested in leading, at least not outside of the scrims, so if I'm right in assuming Spike leads one of the teams, someone really needs to step up for the other team.

9. Paradox

I prepared for comm driving unto their bridge and thats why I told my team 3 jeeps build rax, then 1 jeep goes to bridge walls it off.

10. Trickster

I saw that, but he was a bit slow to react, otherwise he should have already been on the bridge. I mean to be honest, if I was that BE CV, I'd have made the choice between either driving under the bridge (dangerous because you're slow close to the water, one jeep ram and gg), or just committing to going north through your jeeps/troops and escaping via the ref. Neither are ideal but to be honest, he created so much space by just staying there that they were able to get your comm, so different playstyles do work in this instance.

I just don't understand why you commit so much to that strategy though. I was speaking to Grant and I showed him a video of EPIC vs Cons. We pulled off the same strategy, that actually worked, with a jeep of 2 people, an engy and a scout. We didn't need any more at all, it's just surplus to requirements and it accomplishes nothing other than putting you at greater risk of losing.

11. Paradox

I did those strategies cause the game isnt all about the game. There are other variables. Like me leading a team of randoms and spike having an organized team with a roster upfront. I pulled people that probably didnt care about winning the scrim. Spikes people cared they were going to fight hard and Im pretty sure they wouldve had the upper hand in an equal fight because of that. I dont wanna fight on equal ground so I do things people dont expect. The element of surprise levels the playing field.

Like if you wanna take it to the extreme. If MEG were to play EPIC they wont win doing the normal thiing, so u dont do the normal thing.

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

umm excuse me i posted once in this topic
    that doesnt work if all the good players join one team

13. Paradox

Bigteef without me taking over the team u had 5 players. Just saying.

14. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

[​IMG]

15. Paradox

Why cant I lead a team :(

16. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Actually, as I mentioned earlier, at time of scrim we had 3. 3 of our players were no shows. We grabbed a lot of people from VIPER and some from Paradox's friend list.

Anyway if we are going to start bi-weekly stuff I am a willing commander. Just know that there are chances I might be unavailable at certain points in the summer if my lab work dictates it so if I'm on the anti JFR team we would probably need a backup (or I can be the backup, it doesn't matter to me).

As I've said before, let's play the goddamn game. If nobody else steps up for trying to organize this crap I'll probably try my hand at it tonight and talk to people, see where things are at.

17. Paradox

"We grabbed a lot of people from VIPER"
    who did we grab from vipers? Im pretty sure it was all on my friendslist.

edit: just checked playerlist from video. Litterally everyone from my friendslist except sitka and u senor.

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Something something respect?

19. Paradox

Something something, people dont respect me as a person but Im pretty sure whenever I do stuff ingame people listen to me because they know I have experience and am somewhat knowledgeable. If people didnt respect me enough they wouldnt do what I Say in the scrim either.

20. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I have no respect equally for everyone of you. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.