JFR VS paradox and mixed players

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Spike, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

lmao then if you didn't do the same thing what did you do? Did you play a different scrim?

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

For the tenth million time you can read my posts above what I did.

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

That's not possible because I'm the best commander. Thanks for trying though.

4. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Nah, I'm best commander.

My loss/win ratio is higher than anybody else's!

Also, Grant has a point. The plan was 'different' insofar as you wanted to use a different route to get there.

I really would just like a biweekly 'pug scrim' - sign up for a team ahead of time and play for that team. End of story. No need for clanning up or any of that shit - just get some good matches between good players. There doesn't have to be a definitive winner at the end of it (red or blue, Just FRiends/KFC/Barbershop, etc.), just play the goddamn game for once.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  5. Paradox

It wasnt the same honestly. The end goal was, killing their cv in their base and ending fast. But plan 1 was just rush their comm and win from there.
    Plan 2 ( round 2 and 3 ) were take their base. ( I said drive there, put rax as close as possible to theirs everyone switch to gren take our their rax. That was the plan, if their comm was stuck there the better. But its fundamentally different from the first plan because of the intention to set a new base up there instead of just going straight for comm. ( first game we didnt even drop a rax. )

6. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

It might be different but it's still all in on their main. The main they were ready to defend because of game one.

Game two will be available Here 6-7 hours after this post.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Thanks for warming my chair, now gtfo.

I think we’ve had like twenty attempts of bi-weekly scrim/pug, they all ended up being forgotten.

8. Paradox

I accounted for that and thus told my team to go build a rax first then start hitting their main. Like I Accounted for the fact they would mine up bridge, and def their main. Thats why I had 3 RADAR STEALTH jeeps go, 6 engies on a rax goes up reallly darn fast, everyone changes to gren pop the rax and change back. That was the plan, you cant react to 10 grens killing your rax. You cant stop that even if you were planning to killspawn or def.

I was all in on their cv first game other 2 games all in on their base. That doesnt mean I was negligent inthe fact that they were planning to defend their main base.

9. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I ran biweekly ones for about 20 weeks I think.

Trouble is interest dropped off, instead of 5 full rounds at the beginning we ended with about 2-3 half full rounds and it wasn't worth continuing. Also it was occasionally spoiled by the odd grief and the presence of a handful of try-hards who were great at complaining about things like how bad the standard of play was but equally were completely incapable of leading their squads, teams,commanding or generally contributing in anyway.

They were hit and miss, we did have some really epic games - it wasn't all bad. I'd say more than half were really really good fun and got loads of positive feedback and about 25% were just pointless.

If you want to do something like this bi-weekly I've a couple of my suggestions from what I learnt:

- Keep it as simple as possible. Include everyone you can. Do all organisation through steam groups. Keep forum posts to at most a link to the steam page.
    - no specs at all for any reason. Enabling/disabling it is too much of a pain.
    - Have 2 or 3 people who are enthusiastic about doing it. You can't be available all the time and sometimes things will come up IRL and you gotta have backup.
    - Have at least 1 admin per team. Though griefing wasn't very common.
    - It's easier to set the map cycle before hand. The less admin you need to to the more you can actually play.
    - keep the game short, 3-4 rounds max, after that kick everyone to a pub server. If it went well nearly everyone will keep playing, if not then the next few rounds will be meh anyway.
    -No team picking, way too much bother, takes as long as the game because people are people and always find a way to complicate things.

- Commanders, Commanders, Commanders. Do try and have nominated commanders for each game. Commanders that want to command make these things a success/failure. If I did it again I would record and publish the win/loss of all the commanders to try and eencourage people into that role and make a bit of competition.

Finally 15 day bans for anyone being a dick about the organisation of the event, map cycles, whatever during the game. Welcome suggestions and discussion after the event but don't put up with anyone being a loud mouth and spoiling the mood. If you are not having fun leave and later on you can say "didn't enjoy x, would prefer y" but if everyone stays "on-topic" then the rounds are better.

Basically it all just comes down to having good people in the server, a couple of enthusiastic commanders and good squad leads that aren't desperate to turn it into a scrim. If you can get everyone in the server in a good mood at the same time you'll have a good game

10. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Lol, 15 day bans would just barely eclipse the next event two weeks later. You thought this through.

[​IMG]

11. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Round 1: Rush with apc at bridge1 to base.
    Round 2: Rush with jeeps at bridge1 to base.
    Round 3: Rush with jeeps at bridge2 to base.
    /thread.

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

All different strategies :rolleyes:

14. Paradox

Grant officially 2k mmr empires player

15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Implying he wasn't before this.

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

17. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

18. Paradox

how is that a compliment? isnt that really low seeing the highest is 10k and top 50 is only at 4k? and hes 1.5k? (not that I was measuring with empires mmr, doto mmr obviously )

19. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

But this is Empires, not DotA.

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

because its a compliment that you are saying hes 2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.