JFR VS paradox and mixed players

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Spike, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I couldve gotten so much points and played and ended up having impact but not the kind of impact that wouldve won the game or pushed the other team back enough. From my point of view only 1 way to win the game if I joined, I join and ninja. It was slaughtered.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

So much this. The problem is, I don't see a regame happening anytime soon, if at all.

3. Paradox

I would like to see a new weekly bi weekly scrim thing happen. But we dont have 2 clans with different players... SPike his team was ringers and my team were people on my friendslist thats it.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

isnt that sufficient?

5. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

6. Paradox

No? Are you being serious?

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Can't wait to command the next one.

9. Paradox

#youcandriveoverturretsnowasNFcv

10. Lazybum

I don't know what you are implying with that, I was dead before they even attempted to turret it. I forgot to change my class as soon as the vf was dropped, if I was engy that wouldn't have happened. Though I do hope next time when I ask for a small thing I get a small thing.

11. flasche

totally. but i can totally see how it matters for you now since you lost ...

12. Paradox

My team were 11 people from on my friendslist. I cant make a clan out of that and play biweekly? Even clans with 20 people who play empires atleast once weekly sometimes cant get 11 people to show up. That only factors in availability once every 2 weeks. If you wanna take it serious you need to practice. So no theres no way, with the state of the game now, that you'll make 2 clans big enough and active enough to have bi weekly scrims.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  13. Lazybum

How about some generic red team vs blue team. I think there used to be some summer league like this ages ago? Basically people sign up for one of the teams. We hold games every sunday or something. Players say in advance if they can make it or not, first come is first to get in. I don't know what to do about maps, might be nice if whoever decides to run it has control over maps with the intention of providing a varied map list so games don't get stale. Or in other words we don't play the same maps all the time.

The only problem with this is if suddenly an entire team decides they can't show up or something, preventing the team that did show up fielding all their players. Possibly something a like a 3rd party team of ringers/pubbers/whatever might help to fill in that gap, players who wouldn't be sad if they didn't get to play basically but willing to come in if needed.

So players for the most part would play with people they like to play with in this setup, getting used to their team's strength and weaknesses. So it isn't some generic clan deal we randomize teams every 2 months or something. Actually it might be better to randomize the starting teams too, people just show an interest and all names get put into some list randomizer. Easy right? Quality of games improve and everyone can have a fun time.

14. flasche

if its the same 11 people, each of them plays regularily and they decide to play together as a team on a biweekly basis - well i guess its as good as a clan, no matter if its a clan or not

15. Paradox

You are assuming so much over here. Like I get your optimism and it would be nice but this isnt realistic at all. You need ATLEAST 15-20 people to assure 11 people being there.

16. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Well this is the issue with paradoxes "high level of play" strats. We were only caught off gaurd in the first round, in the second and third he did the exact same shit again and we were expecting it and it clearly didn't work either of those times since we caught their commander completely alone with no back up because his team was all concentrated in one area trying to cheese. Of course it's about winning, that's why I critique these strategies because they didn't win.

We didn't have many ringers, might've had only a couple. But seriously ask those people on your friends list to form a clan and we can have matches every other week.

Exactly this. To do maps what you can do is review all the custom maps, see which ones can be scrimed properly on, then make a pool with approved customs and official maps. When a match is planned between two teams, both teams take turns banning maps and finally pick two maps, after which an rng decides which map is played.

17. Paradox

Grant can u stop being so stubborn, the tactic wasnt cheese at all.
    And I didnt do the same thing 2nd and 3rd round. Like your lack of understanding the game is making you give really shitty arguments

18. Neoony

Neoony Member

I would split those "tryhards" (Competitive gamers) into 2 groups. Those who care how they win...and those who would be happy even if the win was just handed to them.

There are definitely 2 main groups of players. Casual and Competitive.
    You can see them fight each other about how the game should be played correctly in pretty much every game, everyday. Even here in empires, you can see it every day.

I think I would also split Casual gamers into 2 groups. Those who care that others are also having fun...and those who just want all the fun for themselves.

You can never make both happy.

Now, guess where Paradox belongs? :D

19. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I wouldn't overanalyze those matches.

It was a rag tag group of mostly rusty pubbers that didn't spend nearly enough time listening to the plan before the match.

It wouldn't take much polish to improve things.

20. Lazybum

Yeah, I swear I'm best commander, just a little rusty is all.

Considering how map votes usually go I don't have the highest hopes for that. I'd much rather the person organizing it to announce what map it is, after making a list of agreed upon maps that would make for good matches like you said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.