JFR VS paradox and mixed players

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Spike, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

JFR vs Paradox and mixed results
    JFR - [2]
    Paradox and mixed - [1]

map was mvally

2. Sitka

Sitka Member

did you instruct freak to get out of the cv or some shit

also a reminder to paradox that NF jeeps are not buoyant enough to swim across rivers

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Map-by-map breakdown pls?

4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

both of my commanders got out of the cv for some fucking reason instead of driving circles and giving us time....

5. Paradox

Round 1: apc rush with a delay of 15 seconds so other apc doesnt spot us. Rush to their main base. Destroy their main base, without much resistance due to little to no killspawns. Sticky stun their comm gg wp after 3 minutes

round 2: jeep rush that went wrong cause team doesnt listen, see above posts.
    They have dam and north. We build up a base just before north bridge at a3-a4. We lose that base and our comm dies there.

Round 3: jeep rush going to plan, we lose 3 jeeps due to driving into water. We get a rax up and destroy their base, we are running for their comm ( hes completely blocked in from driving away, comm drives to damm, we chase with entire team. FUCKING LAZYBUM GETS OUT OF THE CV AND DIES INSTEAD OF DRIVING AROUND.

OUR CV DIES.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

Sounds like someone didn't practice enough. GG.

7. Metruption

Metruption Member

why the fuck do people insist on scrimming on mvalley? it's probably the most cheesesy map out there

8. Paradox

Are you implying I didnt practice? Its true. I only took over the command over this team 3 hours before the scrim, missing more than half the players required. Then spammed myfriendslist for people playing. So yes your observation was on point.

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Yeah all the plays in those 3 matches were cheeses. And in pubs you cheese with the north refineries. We're going to need a ban list for scrims, turn this shit into smash.

Next scrim on non-cheesable maps.

10. Paradox

People dont understand scrims. You play a scrim to win the game not to have a long drawn out fun game that is super tight. Those games come out of 2 really closely matched up teams who both play their best.

I strategized spike doesnt quite understand that yet and will go for the standard apc rush north and get controle over area. Thus I thought, Ill apc rush his main with a delay. Which succeeded really hard because their team couldnt handle the chaos probably. I won the game in under 2 minutes. Thats what the scrim is about fucking winning. The next round I did the same cause I value being offensive more than defensive. I thought, theyll expect a straight rush over bridge wall it off and mine it up which they did and team fucked up. From there on we lost cause no area controled.

3rd game everything went to plan we got enemy base and were going to kill their comm but our comm fucked up. We couldve played better and killspawned 2-3 to our base and saved it and kept playing probably. Albeit we wouldve won if we protected our base cause enemy comm was stuck at dam wiht 2 squads on his ass.

Lets assume comm escapes this leaves us with 2 bases, our own and enemies main base versus their north and dam. Which is a good outcome.

tldr you play scrims to win not or tight games, tight games come from both teams wanting to win really bad and playing optimal.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

Less about you and more about BQ in general. But hey, no ahrd feelings, first scrim in over a year.

12. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Thats like only crossroads.

13. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

You expected us to practice? I barely have time to play the game at all, let alone 'practice'.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  14. Paradox

They had less than 6 players ready to play. You cant practice tactics if u dont have a roster.

15. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'll admit to messing up, I'm not used to playing against players who know what to do and spawned in as a gren instead of a engy because I thought wired won the vote. In a normal game and if I was engy I would have been able to protect my rax, it's just what I'm used to.

But it's silly to say we would have kept our main if I left, the rax was dead about 12 seconds after someone kill spawned to help protect it.

If that's really your definition of a scrim I don't think I'll ever participate in another either. Winning isn't fun at all as proven by this very scrim. I just wanted to have a higher level playing field to see how it goes, to really push myself to try hard, but cheesy tactics for crummy wins never lets that transpire.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  16. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I think the first game you had a really good game plan, they obviously didn't expect it at all.

But you should've just played it normally on the second and third and you would've won probably because they diverted resources and manpower to ensure they don't get rushed again.

17. Paradox

I didnt need our main that game though. I needed time. Their comm was done for stuck at dam with no help and no escape. I needed you to drive around not be dead to give us time to kill their comm.

This scrim was not at all representative for scrims because the other team was ass and unorganised and so was our team.

Tactics werent cheezy because its not cheese to go for enemy base in a competive game imho.

If you both go north, 1 team takes north leaving one team with 1 region and the other with 2. If I go for their base and they go north same result.

Its not cheez its strategy.

18. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Ehh, it's hard to put into words exactly how I feel. I won't disagree on the notion of taking their main so they get forced to north. It's just a matter of how early the game ends that I don't like. To put it another way if we fail to cap their comm we get a base, if we cap the comm we win, and if we lose both we simply get forced back to base. It's a case that assaulting where the comm is holds the most value, there is more to gain then to lose. It's harder later game due to extra buildings and vehicles usually push out from there, but early game there's no reason not to push their commander. Which falls back into how I don't quite like how the commander is the sole victory condition.

It's not the way I like to play empires, because I actually like to play empires. Short matches mean less playing and that's no good. I'd much rather have played a slow crushing defeat with the 6? original barbershop members against spikes full team then to play what we did if that makes any sense. It would have simply been more fun to me.

19. Paradox

You just like pubpires more than scrimpires.

20. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Nah it was a shit scrim. Consortium vs EPIC scrims lasted half an hour, summer league had games that went on for 20-30 minutes? mvalley is just crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.