Empires 2.6.8 released

Discussion in 'News' started by Candles, May 10, 2015.

1. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Empires mod 2.6.8, all changes and changelog courtesy of Spike.

Weapon names

--NF
    -Heavy smg -> Heavy carbine

Research

-Removed cost to all tank chassis

--Advanced Machining
    -time to research 120 -> 60

Vehicle weapons

--plasma mg
    -heat to target 0 -> 2
    -rounds in clip 200 -> 100

--plasma cannon
    -heat to target 0 -> 10

--HEMG
    -clip size 50 -> 25

Infantry Weapons

-new iron sights for BEAR - NFAR - NFHR

--smg2
    -max spread (standing) 0.05 -> 0.04
    -decreased spread per shot (standing) 0.08 -> 0.09

--smg3
    -clip size 30 -> 20
    -lowered kick slightly
    -weapon spread (crouched) 0.008 -> 0.007
    -spread per shot (crouched) 0.007 -> 0.006

--nfar
    -damage 35 -> 38
    -min damage 30 -> 25
    -spread per shot (standing) 55 -> 50
    -spread per shot (crouched) 45 -> 35
    -spread per shot (prone) 38 -> 30

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Someone forgot to increase plasma's heat. 8 heat with 10 htt is just dumb.

Now I'm real sad, that was a good change. Had to actually think about getting heavies or meds, and I had a to use the lock vf which was a cool thing to see again.

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Because that feature killed like 80% opportunities for the losing team to come back.

4. Lazybum

mmmmmmm, I guess I haven't been playing enough. I was just enjoying the longer early/mid games, it's been nice.

Still, I'm something of the opinion that I don't exactly think a losing team should really be making a comeback as soon as heavies get researched. That just sounds off to me.

5. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

[youtube]KlLMlJ2tDkg[/youtube]

Ikr. I love how it still has the dps of extended range. This is gonna be hilarious.

I liked what it did as well.

I still think it is confusing and coms aren't always expecting it (ie the ones that charge straight into heavies after mediums), but it did a surprisingly good job at keeping heavies off the field when commanders were in the know. It was an excellent thing to test.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  6. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Huh.

What. Well, okay.

Why.

So, mostly reverting the changes done to NFAR... I'm still not sure why we are (seemingly randomly) dicking with infantry weapons.

7. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I did not mind paying for heavies, but having to pay twice to unlock them pissed me off.

What I really didn't like was that I needed money to get meds.
    Paying for heavies is acceptable but paying 1500 for each octogon was too much.

8. Lazybum

Would you rather spend 3000 all at once? That was the reason for the split, so you didn't have to put it all out at once.

I thought meds were 1000? Oh, there was a 500 res to open upgraded chassis. Still, it doesn't seem that bad, it's the cost of 2 meds. Maybe upgraded chassis should be free, cheapens all the chassis.

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Really, research cost would have been much more aceptable if it WASNT pay up front, but pay-per second kind of deal.

10. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

That would be better.

I still liked that one idea of banking research seconds and then being able to use those in bulk to pay for research.

11. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Well, the way I figured it, research for mediums should cost twice the amount of a single med, and research for heavies should cost twice the amount of a single heavy. But 1000 upfront for mediums and 3000 upfront for heavies was quite an extreme upfront-cost, so I split it into 500 for Upgraded Chassis, 500 for Mediums, 1500 for Advanced Chassis and 1500 for Heavies.

So it was either going to be 1500 twice for heavies, or 3000 once. 1500 twice seemed like a much better option.

12. Lazybum

Yeah, but that's a time thing versus res, while being another time thing, being a separate thing. So the two have their own separate uses.

13. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Because for losing team, you'll have to restrict your shit to get 1.5k, twice.
    And of course, that's almost gg for them.

If this was the reason of the removal of the research cost then I have to say, I did warn about this.

14. Lazybum

Stopping by and saying I'm kinda disappointed that plasma hasn't been fixed yet.

I like the change to he mg though, it helps prevent it from being a building killer.

I miss my longer early games though. Heavy tanks are proving to be less than fun.

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

i love that people wanted access to the infantry and vehicle scripts so bad so they could "fix" empires yet there hasnt been any changes for over 20 days.

be ar is blind fire op. smg2 acts weird when standing-NO WAIT ITS CALLED THE WHAT AGIAN (i wonder why its being refered to as smg2 in the logs when its called something else in the game). for some reason riflemen have the binocs and cant use them. smg3 or the HEAVY CARBINE is useless and sucks. that and the buff to composite by changing heavy machining and plasma/hemg changes

OH AND FINALLY THE FACT THAT NOBODY TRIES TO DEFEND THESE CHANGES. you have to actively sought out spike and he has to be in a good mood and he has to forward you to the person who actually did the changes. great communication.

i kinda figured it would turn out like this when i saw the really unprofessional changelog. gr8 job everyone.

16. Lazybum

I defended the the hemg change, helps keep it in that role of auxiliary weapon. The longer fire time meant it was easier for apcs to take down a rax which I didn't quite like.

Also it makes sense for plasma mg to have a lower ammo count, 200 was a really silly number. The only reason I don't think anyone ever touched it was because plasma was seen as a joke anyway so why bother?

As far as I can tell there hasn't been a ton of constructive feed back either. There isn't much in this thread and in game the most I hear is "it sucks now" without much further comment. Offer suggestions on how to improve things if someone wants things to change. You can give actual numbers and explain why it's better, or simply say what role something should fill and why these changes don't work towards that role. "It's bad" isn't a lot to go on, to a lot of people it sounds just like pointless whining. That's my 2 cents at least.

Smg2 is called close quarter smg while smg1 is called ranged smg. That's a good change because it directly tells newer players what to expect from the weapon. We should all know by now no one actually reads the flavor text, so telling how something works right on the label is a good idea.

17. complete_

complete_ lamer

lowering hemg ammo does nothing to prevent apcs taking down a racks. it just means you need 2 now. should have just lowered the distance if that was the problem.

from your own post in this topic. very unconstructive lazybum.

how do you know what weapon the smg2 is if you're new.
    someone knows how something works by just firing it. its obvious what does what.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  18. Lazybum

There was an implication that raising plasma cannon's heat would balance out the htt. I did directly tell spike what I thought about that plasma change though, and what I thought would fix it. I don't know what you mean by the plasma mg comment though. If you meant why I think it works better in a more meaningful way 200 bullets feels like forever, or in another way it feels like you could keep a tank overheated forever. Reloads help break that up.

There's a 4 sec reload between hemg clips. That lowers the damage output a bit, not a ton mind you, but enough that an engineer can easily outpace it. It was an effect I noticed on slaughtered when nf couldn't take down a be rax. It was like 2 or 3 apc's firing constantly at it but it wouldn't go down, it finally went when I started spamming seismics at it and a gren sat next to me lobbing mortars at it which feels right.

I won't disagree about firing it to what it does. I don't get the smg2 comment though, they'll know it as close quarters combat. They can also infer when people talk about it that it shows up as the second smg in the weapon menu, so smg2 can make sense.

19. complete_

complete_ lamer

when i said plasma/hemg i was referring to your post about plasma cannon and hemg. noones researches plasma mg so i have no idea how it performs

smg2 doesnt show up as the second in the weapon menu. not for the scou-oops, assault class
    for a game that wants to make things easier for players to understand having 3 names for each thing is not-so-good

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  20. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Well.. fix the script repository and we can get this shit straitened out right proper in a few weeks.