Thread Of Atheism

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ViroMan, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Thats not religion, thats the institution of the church. Not the same thing.
    There is a metric buttload of christians in the world. Sure you get your share of scum and priesthood is no exception to that. Its not like vat can do much about it. I dont even follow whats going on in the catholic world, but for the last couple of years theres been quite a witch hunt for those types.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  2. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

So how does a religion exist if not through the church? I don't understand how this distinction is important to you to either support or abolish the religion that's based on the sanctity of it's church.
    They promote children being unobserved together with individuals vowed to sustain abstinence (or think of it as a virtue), it's not the poor HR choice of the church, it's the concept that enables this to happen. They can't do anything about it, but you can by deciding against religion (or churches w/e).

3. Z100000M

oh fucks sake, its like equating the law to the police department. They are not the same, there is no need to get into metaphysical bullcrap.

4. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Um.

What? They go hand in hand. Example time!

If law causes police to end up killing a bunch of people all the time (cough), well then it's probably not that great a law is it?

the law is ultimately responsible. If the law were great, it would keep even bad officers in line, as much as possible. But at a certain point so much bad is happening you have to consider that the law is facilitating, as well as just being bad.

5. Deiform

Deiform Member

I guess it's more a linguistical preference. Atheist has quite a bad connotation associated against it in internet culture due to its radicalisation. It's interesting though. I'd say it's not terrible to have an opinion on things. I'd say it's not a good thing if something that should not matter changes your actions. I think we agree here.

@ Law vs Police

You can't argue that the law enables the police to handle different cultures differently. I'd say the use of lethal weapons allow them, but a cop with an attitude problem is going to beat a black guy with a stick if he's a racist and guns weren't available.

Apatheism, in my interpretation, doesn't mean that you don't care about religion. It means that it should not have any usefulness in your life. I highly doubt paedophiles that are catholic priests are paedophiles because they're catholic. I'd say they're priests because it's a logical decision for someone with that mental disposition - respectable figure with access to children. Perhaps this is why there are a lot of racists in the police force in America too.

6. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Hitler was atheist.

7. Z100000M

Can you not read.
    I objected to the notion of something equating to something else, not to it being related.

= =/ ~

8. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

leave it to McGyver to bring us back to the first page of the thread. Terrible trolling.

yes Ziom. Keep back pedaling by portraying yourself as even more stupid than everyone thought you were.

That's an interesting idea about church and police Deif. I agree about the priests But I'd like to think there is something we could do to discourage that driver for police. Not to mention that the first racism recorded will likely lose them their job (or should).

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

My history teacher said he was quite the catholic and provided some quote of his to back it up. Iunno.

10. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

While he wanted christanity have less influence in germany and blamed it for some sort of decay of nobility he wasn't an atheist.

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Stalin and Enver Hoxha were, and they prosecuted and murdered countless clergy men.

12. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I caught up with this thread and the scariest bit was deif agreeing with me and not insulting me like he usually does.

13. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the new best one...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  14. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Is that a bad thing?

15. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Lolol I troll u

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I agree wholeheartedly.

17. McGyver

If God exists, why does he allow this thread to continue?

18. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Because god is an atheist.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  19. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

20. McGyver