Killing floor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigTeef, May 8, 2014.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

2. BigTeef

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

4. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'll still buy it, killing floor too good. Lack of maps doesn't seem to bother me either, a lot of times people end up playing the same few maps anyway. I just hope the 3 maps to start out with are all winners.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It's solid already. That guy Lirik is still playing it, 5 hours past his usual end time.

7. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

[YOUTUBE]gvdf5n-zI14[/YOUTUBE]

8. YouzY

YouzY Member

KF2 might turn into those games where I'll throw thousand hours

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

From what I saw on that guy Lirik's stream, it's KF but prettier.

10. Lazybum

Yeah, that's what a lot of people are saying. Though it does look like berserker will be more fun, more things you can do with melee. I do like how medic has a shotgun though, I love shotguns and now I can spam heals at the same time, neat.

11. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

The gameplay footage I've seen so far looks pretty polished and a surprising lack of bugs and glitches.

Also, why the hate? Tripwire is an awesome company. 17€ for a game that's been supported for over 5 years isn't bad. I don't see KF2 being much different. I'm all up for early access if that makes the game even better at launch.

12. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

They arent going to show u gameplay footage with a lot of bugs and glitches

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

But I've watched many hours of that guy Lirik, it's actually quite bug-free already!~

14. Lazybum

This reminds me, does anyone know how much it plans go out for? I think most of tripwire stuff goes for around 30$, which seems fair enough to me.

15. BigTeef

No they are not, Red orchestra is filled with broken promises and its still bugged to shit. They killed their own modding scene by buying all the potential and attempted to release it as dlc but never got around to it.

When I did research on it, it turns out when they brought the rising sun team on board they fired them 6th months in and replaced them with in-house employees because they wanted to keep creative control. The mod team wanted to make more tank content like the original had besides infantry after rising storm was released.

The iron Europe team, the WW1 mod got chased out because they were in favor of GG and the forum admins gave them bans so all their work is just sitting there. They never bothered to comeback even after the ban limit expired. They simply just voiced their opinions when everyone started interviewing developers and got their shit kicked in

Then there was the mod team that was going to create more game modes, they got bought and lost creative control as well. The finished product was that S&D mode that nobody plays.

Then there was this quote I found.

"We will never charge people for weapons, just cosmetic items."
    How many community weapon packs are there for killing floor?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  16. D.D.D. Destroyer

I liked the music of KF.

17. Lazybum

So hey, the early access is out. So far it's pretty good.

I like how they made weapons not stupid expensive for out of class, they all have the same costs, something like 200/650/1100/1500 or something to that effect. So it's easy to grab weapons you like to use even if it's out of class.

There's a bit more momentum to when enemies come at ya, so it can feel a bit more intense. Pretty KF is kinda nice, really makes thing hectic. New boss is kinda neat too, it feels more fair then the patriarch. Stalkers are a bit harder to see, which is kinda nice actually. One thing I'm really liking is those spider clots are less spazzy in jumping and animations, so it's easier to melee I think. Speaking of, I'm not sure I like or dislike the camera instantly turning to face whatever caught you. Makes it easier to get out of yeah, but it can be a bit disorienting.

It feels like there's more armor spawns on the map. More weapons too, but part of that might be there seems to be less ammo spawns. Honestly not sure how I feel about that.

One thing I'm not quite digging is that popping heads off is a bit harder, it can take like 4-5 shots to remove bloat head on normal sometimes. I'm also disappointed that medic shotgun is a semi auto mag reloaded deal. I was hoping for simple pump action goodness but with the ability to spam darts at people. Oh, darts locking on to people is pretty nice most of the time.

Also disappointed about no more trader making terrible innuendo jokes, french lady does not do it for me.

I can't say much of the other classes, I was having fun heal spamming. So yeah, so far it's decent enough, feels like an upgrade of old killing floor. Not exactly an amazing upgrade game mechanics wise, but don't really need to fix something that ain't broke.

18. Lazybum

Want to know, who has this? You guys waiting for full game to come out because not enough in early access, or waiting for it drop to 5$?

Or do you guys not like perk levels getting wiped during early access and rather get it whenever it stops that?

Just asking because this would seem fun to play with a couple of empire folks.

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

20. BigTeef

Talk to me when its out of early access.