Empires 2.6.1 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I haven't actually played in about a week or more by now. I figure that by Monday, if I don't play over the weekend, my profile will say I haven't played at all in the past two weeks, or very little. I've too busy to play and I fell too far behind on keeping up with the Joneses on the updates that I wouldn't really know what to do.

Really, I doubt I'll play much until the balance stabilizes. I support how things've been mixed up a good bit, but trying to stay with the meta is tiring at times.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I haven't had the ability to play for awhile, but I would think he cannons would still get researched considering that splash damage. Even on a heavy tank I'm getting the impression that rolling around with either he cannon and homing or salvo or ranged cannon and bio ml, honestly bio ml is still probably great with any cannon, would be more preferable than any 3 slot stuff, this way you have versatility and can easily counter the weapon specific armors.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Heavy tanks are being slowed as a part of them becoming big and and devastating, if "nubs" want to keep their speed and maneuverability they need to stick to lighter vehicles.

4. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

That's an interesting comment. I never really thought about that. HE Cannon is supposed to do 70HP of damage per hit while jeeps have 150HP. So I'd expect a direct hit from dual HE to leave a jeep with only 10HP.

5. complete_

complete_ lamer

no shit
    i also said no shit to this. see my earlier post. lol nerf my ass
    no enzo is real cool and he did the brenodi buildings. also i dont remember this episode

can i have a go at this since everyone else sucks? also, where do i put the new glycen that has been sitting on my hard drive for over a month?

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

judging by this forum and glancing at server browser, this update killed the game. plz revert (thus fixing horrible changes/rando crashes)

7. Empty

Empty Member

complete is right, research change is horrible and i want to fix rifles already

8. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Maybe you should stop tossing dices.

9. Empty

Empty Member

I didn't change rifle spread at random, I did it for a reason.

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

Speaking of spread, it's too damn high on smgs too.

11. Empty

Empty Member

Spread barely changed since the last patch, bloom changed but not spread.

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

Well imo smgs go apeshit way too quickly after firing.

13. Empty

Empty Member

So fire slower. I purposefully buffed the smg1s spread reduction rate so you'd be able to fire it similarly to before the rof change and still land as many hits as before.

14. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

You definitely did it for reasons, but if you didn't know what would happen, it's the same as tossing dices.

Also, just saying, I don't think script is a good thing for you to spend your time on. I highly doubt that good scripts will get us more players.

15. Empty

Empty Member

What do you want me to spend time on? I already made particles for everything, I can't map, model or program for the team. The last guy in charge of scripts has told me multiple times that he thinks infantry combat balance "doesn't matter".

I'm doing my damn best to fix long term balance issues with the game and make actual improvements.

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

Alright my car's brakes broke, guess I'll drive slower 乁། ˵ ◕ – ◕ ˵ །ㄏ

17. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

You can drive at max speed in your car, doesn't mean you always should. ^^

18. Empty

Empty Member

also if you don't understand the concept of tap firing in a video game you seriously need to stop trying to lecture me on infantry weapons.

Do you full auto in battlefield?
    Counterstrike?
    Hell even in CoD, tap firing can be useful when trying to hit distant targets with the close range guns.

19. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Woah, there's some spice in this thread.

I ain't capable of saying much about the infantry weapons other than everybody feels that there's something wrong. I think more controlled tests other than 'this doesn't feel right' or 'this should have more/less spread' are in order.

My testing suggestion: go in game, have a person stand at 3 distances for each weapon, and shoot at them with each weapon until they die. Is it easy to kill them at each distance that you think the weapon should actually be effective at? Use body shots, and/or have the person walk horizontally to you so as to get a good feel for the weapon. Numbers are nice but sometimes a live test is more helpful.

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

I tapfire all the time, but my tapfired guns tend to regain accuracy much faster.