[REMODEL][HIGH_PRIORITY] Northern Faction -> Sticky Stun Grenade/Bomb

Discussion in 'Art' started by f1r3w4rr10r, Feb 6, 2015.

1. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

This is the thread for discussion and idea finding for the new Northern Faction Sticky Stun Grenade/Bomb. Keep this civil and stick with the current style of Empires. Anyone working on this or wanting to pitch constructive ideas may post here.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Explosives packed in socks drenched in adhesive with a fuse, ala Private Ryan??

Stuns... I think should be different. They overheat and really, thats what molotovs are supposed to do against tanks, so perhaps some form of a petroleum bomb? Dunno about the delivery.
    [Thermite doesnt make much sense, its hot as shit, but it blows holes instead of overheating]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  3. Empty

Empty Member

I'd like stickies to be somewhat high tech looking, even for NF.

That way the EMp particle will make sense, I don't want to have to make a seperate molotov/firebomb particle for a stun because it's extra work for me and players will have to pay attention for two different particles that mean exactly the same thing.

If anything make the NF stunsticky the most high tech thing in their arsenal, it's a small sticky EMP device.

4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

How exactly do you have to pay attention to a sticky stun particle. If theres anything even remote colourful exploding its a dead giveaway. Not to mention a fire would be even more easily seen than just a shower of sparkles.

5. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I would just make big magnet with a blue glow on it.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

There are four thigns that make vehicles bump on exploding.

Nukes, which are a dead giveaway.
    Mines, which hurl the vehicle far away.
    Explosive stickies, which are just like an explosion and a push mixed together.
    Stun stickies.

Honestly "one more thing" doesn't sound too confusing at all.

7. Empty

Empty Member

Did you consider it's not for the stickier or the tank driver, but for every other player in the area?

Many times I've seen a tank get stunned and I only would have known it was stunned by the particle.

Plus EMP looks cool, I don't understand why you want NF to be using tech that looks like an edgy 12 year old cooked up in his garage to get revenge on the bullies at his school