Empires 2.6.1 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Jan 27, 2015.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

beerdude-san is taking care of the steam stuff and Trickster already helped update the in-game news panel. We might work on a way to streamline the way that the in-game news panel gets updated.

2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Pay attention to this. If rails rapes the shit out of everything that isn't absorbent, then NF has to get absorbent. But if absorbent gets raped by everything else, then all BE has to do is make sure they drive as grens with RPGs.

Spartacus, remember how you said that Empires is balanced around the gren and I said it's more likely that it's balanced without regards to the gren? This is a prime example of that.

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Well this is a complete disaster as far as weapons go

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

i think its funny how spartacus doesnt take into account things that everyone agrees on, but only things he thinks are right and one member happened to kinda say

stop with the bullshit of increasing armor weights. its annoying choosing which side is losing a plate. you also didnt do anything to regen if you really think its op (sick hp buff brah)
    brittle sucks and the other sucks
    cant wait for everyone to hate slow heavies so we can pretend this idiot community never had the idea in the first place
    bio cannon is op already
    dumb. this isnt counter strike. stop it empty

INCREASING RESEARCH TIME:
    PARADOX'S ONLY SUGGESTION WAS INCREASING THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME. NOT THE ENTIRE GAME. SEE FIRST SENTENCE OF POST. of course throughout that topic we went through ways to do that but cool just do whatever you want

dont give him the idea to nerf gren when the abs countering rails thing is a dumb mechanic in the first place. be doesnt have an equivalent for the nuke/tripledouble superml (WOAH JUST GAVE YOU AN IDEA MANNNNNNNNNNN)

and can i just say again how dumb empty's change to the smg1 is?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Armours are getting too healthy again. I bitched about infantry weapons to Empty already but he kinda disregarded me. Research takes forever and a bit now.

@complete Remember how I didn't want just slow heavies but also really powerful heavies? Well they're still rather mobile and 3-slot weapons aren
    t crazy compared to 2-slots.

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

how are you going to chase a commander with a slow ass vehicle

all i can think of is when super lights completely killed everything

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

Mediums as main battle tanks, heavies as big and powerful siegebreakers :)

8. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I like the new smg1.

9. ImSpartacus

Me too. I didn't think that I would, but I do. I feel like it does was it probably was meant to do.

10. Z100000M

Story of the last month really

Yes and pistol of all goddamed weapons is the most accurate option now for everyone who didnt crouch for the last minute.

Smg1 is one of the least changed weapons and it was for a good reason. Now every smg is the same shit with different RoF.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  11. Empty

Empty Member

[​IMG]

12. ImSpartacus

They are SMGs after all...

13. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I am going to stick with SMG2 and accuracy upgrade, I would say it's outright better than SMG1.

R.I.P. SMG1, you brought me 100000 kills.

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

you took a weapon people liked and had no complaints about and changed it to counterstrike

smg2 all over again

15. Neoony

Neoony Member

The regen regenerating with no plates makes grens even more useless in later battles.

And it was a nice regen gameplay mechanic.

It literally regens a one red plate everytime you are able to shoot a rail cannon (if you dont shoot 2 at the same time)
    Thats way too fast.

Atleast make a longer delay before regenerating the 0 plates side.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  16. Z100000M

And yet before we had two distinct weapons with their own uses which hardly anyone compained about.

17. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

That red plate is less than 10 hp and damage carries over to the hull. Current regen is regening at 4 hp a second.

I have to say you didn't need to up the health at all, you could have just lowered regen down to that 4 hp a tic, maybe even 3 hp and it would still be useful. I know the hp per weight is pretty close, 4 vs current 4.4 hp a weight point, but all that really does is buff early game tanks with more health. Which would have been what you needed to do if tanks didn't regen at 0 plates.

A small delay like neoony said wouldn't be a bad idea though. Considering how fast a tank fires 3-5 seconds would be good I feel.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
  18. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Who does that? Most people spread it out evenly so they can rotate and run if they need to. Some people will stack more on the sides so they can protect their biggest hittable areas. I rarely see people stack more on the front if it isn't an arty tank.

What you say makes sense but you can't go off the idea of what very few people do.
    Brittle still isn't quite working as an answer to triple ml, 1 salvo of triple ml takes off about 90% of a plate of brittle. Considering it the extra damage takes from cannons and bio that extra hp doesn't help much either, a slightly different problem to abs which is bad against infantry. Though it is the best against mines, so there's that.

It does something like 100 damage a sec, so it is currently the best weapon for destroying buildings too with that pinpoint accuracy. That's my main beef with it, it's just so good against buildings. Tanks can kinda dodge and it sucks at along range, but buildings just sit there. It can destroy a rax in about 18 seconds, considering most people have two of them that halves the time. They have almost no heat either, so people can just fire all day long.

Rails on the other hand do only 60 damage second, so it takes about 28 seconds to destroy a rax. They do have an easier time hitting targets at range though so they do better at tank combat. So there is a balance of sorts between the 2, it just doesn't quite seem like that because most combat seems to be happening at close ranges anyway.

I know spartacus knows all this, but I think most of you don't troll through the scripts like I do a lot of times. It really feels like if you think triple ml is op in tank combat you either aren't driving right or you fight bad tank drivers. I tried killing security with it once and it just wasn't quite working out. Keep some distance and get a fast engine, bio is fantastic to use against people using triple ml too, because they have to keep close to you to do any damage so you don't have to constantly look at them to do damage while you run around.

Really triple ml just needs spread, so it can only be used up close. I'm still not a particular fan of the idea of the weapon, but if you want to balance it spread is what it needs.

Not to sure it matters though with the research changes, I don't think many people are getting 3 slot weapons now. Haven't had a chance to play yet though.

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

I guess I'm in a minority, but I tend to have 2-3 plates of difference between front and back of the tank, unless I really need mobility. It seems to work out most of the time, and now it's this much better since heavies have the same speed going back and forward.

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

the vast majority of players are bad.
    so: triple mls kill buildings really quick and destroy 60% of the playerbase = not op