Empires 2.6 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Jan 14, 2015.

1. complete_

complete_ lamer

ironsights is the dumbest current game trend ever. having to press 2 buttons to shoot, how bad
    when you know spartacus has nothing to do

assault sounds more strong than rifleman, which it isnt
    thank you for mines back
    2 concs make me sad
    yuck shotgun buff

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  2. Empty

Empty Member

assault will be stronger once I get the balance right, at least at close range.

3. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

This was me actually. It was a 5 min fix which I did while waiting for a round to end. I think it was Z100000M who asked for it to be fixed.

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

the strongest, and have stealth?
    squad hide will be devasting

5. Empty

Empty Member

imo squad hide needs to go anyway and hide is a bad mechanic but ykno thats just me.

Hide hasn't really been OP with new scout weapons as far as I've seen. I haven't had trouble dealing with it yet but it's early days so I suspect i'll see more of it.

Squad hide I have no idea, it's already stupid OP so I mean go figure.

6. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Make squad hide only work on the ones who stay close to the squad lead and it will be canceled near cameras?

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

please change plain armor weight back to 15

it makes it unnecessarily confusing for people to find out which plate to take off of a paper apc/lt. one plate wont make a difference anyways

e: and squad hide is a nice technique that shouldnt be removed. its not op as its entirely reliant on the players involved.
    im surprised you think of regular hide as the one that should be kept, as it results in people just staying in one place not doing anything. and when a person knows what they're doing, they glitch into a place and press e, resulting in the enemy being annoyed

e: and theres no explanation for the ml change for heavys. so congrats for sneaking that in?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  8. Empty

Empty Member

I don't like either hide, the only reason I tolerate them is they're good for getting past turrets.

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I randomly noticed it a week ago and mentioned it to spartacus during the usual specpires during comgrad.
    multirpg is also on me

10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I don't quite understand the point to that one. If they changed it so you were limited to 1 weapon a slot it'd make sense so there could be more 1 slot type missiles, or at least let people a certain amount of 1 slot mls on a tank. Right now it just seems like a cosmetic thing, I think spartacus adjusted the firing position so all those single slot mls don't come from one point on the tank.

It could also tell new players that they can put more then 1 slot weapons on a tank. I mean most would assume a weapon slot could only hold 1 weapon, not how many are slots it fills. I think mechwarrior worked like that.

11. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Squad hide is amazing dont remove it

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Putting frags back as the primary Rifleman grenade keeps catching me when fighting vehicles.

13. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Sorry about that, I sorta wrote that bit poorly and missed a few words.

In general, Candles articulated this issue here and we implemented a compromise that will set us up for some researchable 1-slot weapons. In the future, we might cut those extra MLs, or we might not. For now, it's a nice way to ease everyone into it.

14. Empty

Empty Member

everyone kept telling me they wanted HEs back as default, and it kinda pissed me off too so I'm just gonna say deal with it.

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

Everyone that didn't like the change.

What would be great is if you could have user-defined default loadouts. That would solve all the issues. Or if the game remembered your weapon setup, not only the skills. If it also remembered after shutting down the game, we'd be in heaven.

16. Empty

Empty Member

You can do that, in fact I'll post a guide.

17. ImSpartacus

Who exactly said this?

We've been running months with stickies as default and I haven't heard of anyone complain.

I can think of a lot of scenarios when I only have time to hit "b r a" to instantly switch to rifleman with stickies because I need them almost immediately to kill a vehicle (usually the CV).

I can't think of any instances when I immediately need HE nades. I always have time to customize the class in the cases that I want HE nades.

You can switch weapon order in emp_classes.txt yourself. It'll just affect you. It will get overwritten if that file is updated, but you can always change it back.

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

That's cool, but it's also not, well, official, in the sense that you need to go tamper with the game's files instead of doing it from within the game.

19. ImSpartacus

Setting up an interface to change that kind of thing is a pain in the ass and generally isn't worth the effort.

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

The functionality should be in already since vehicle loadouts are remembered, I dunno about adapting it to infantry though.