Empires 2.6 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Jan 14, 2015.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Changelog:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  2. ImSpartacus

Trickster, are you finally going to shut up about it? Please?

[​IMG]

Effectively every meaningful change that has been made to this game in the past few months has been met with mixed feedback. However, I think we found something that can unite the community. Literally no one said they liked playing Empires with weaker vehicle armor. I pub a lot and get a lot of feedback, but I found no one that enjoyed vehicle combat with weaker armor. People were quite passionate about it. So I trust that we can add back the 20HP and we will never have to discuss this issue ever again. EDIT Apparently everyone's favorite one true lord and savior liked weak babby armors. As a note for the future, if you have feedback, you need to communicate adequately. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

As a side note, we'll see what happens when the Speed To Damage armors are made more extreme. I don't like doing this because it severely skews the ability of a layman to glance at the scripts and "get it", but it'll be a neat experiment until that cannon shell simulation bug is fixed. In general, Speed To Damage armors are no longer "average" with a modest buff in their respective specialty. Now they are much stronger in their specialty but barely better than paper against the opposite kinds of weapons. People keep asking for exotic rock-paper-scissors armors, so here you go. Risk-reward. Let's see how it goes.

Also, Capactive got an extra 20HP. Otherwise, it should've had its HP degen decreased to something like 3HP/s. Instead, its degen was slightly increased to 7HP/s to account for the extra HP. We'll see if this completely breaks the game or not. The goal is to make sure that there's a tangible short term benefit, but that you eventually feel the degen in the long term.

Just reverting all of the hull HP buffs that previous took place when armors got nerfed. Also making Candles happy and matching the number of available MLs with the max MLs cus I gotta take care of muh Candles. This is the part where Candles says something like, "That's not what I had in mind," and does that :| face. But it doesn't matter. Our love is too strong.

Oh and I also whored out my afternoon to Candles because he somehow finds a way to flip NF jeeps. Unfortunately, only the keepuprighttorque seemed to have a significant benefit, but it's hard to test when you aren't the one with the issue. We'll see if this satiates our one true lord and savior. :| :| :| :| :| :|

EDIT It didn't satiate our true lord and savior so now Smithy made jeeps stick to the ground all boring like. No more wild jeeps for you!

This is just straight up herp derp on my part. I initially forgot to dif the buildings script while writing the changelog and thought that I could just remember the changes. On the flip side, unmemorable changes aren't going to affect much. I must say that I fucking love that 5s shaved off of ref carcass time. It doesn't sound like much, but it feels nearly perfect.

Fun Fact, the NF VF had a 5s recycle time for some reason while every other building used to have a 30s recycle time. NF so OP, amirite?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

This still isn't posted on the STeam news section. Also I liked weaker armours quite a lot </3

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Git gud.
    You may have entertained Trickster, but you ain't gonna entertain me. :s

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

This is going to sound really silly, but I don't feel like this update warrants changing the release number to 2.6. Very minor, but every other update usually had something significant attached ya know?

When you say rifleman are more mobile, do you mean stamina regen was increased for that class? I don't know how else you can effect mobility when all classes move at the same speed.

6. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Glad you looked at the flip-o-matic jeeps, PITA when you like to drive like a madman and you end up finding your self on the flipside. ;)

7. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Yeah, agree with Lazybum on this, probably should have just went with 2.53 instead here. Otherwize people might think you following MS lead on version numbering.. :)

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

He means riflemen lose less effectivity when moving around.

9. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

I'm fairly certain that's not true; the scout assault class moves slightly faster.

10. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

when you are squadleader and there is someone nearby thus giving all squad members the speed bonus that are in the area of effect. Bitches dont move faster than other bitches unless they got them motivation.

11. Empty

Empty Member

rofl hip accuracy is stupid high, itll prolly go down soon but until then, mortar weakness.
    i doubt itll make a huge difference anyway

12. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

please dont go "fuck hipfiring" and make iron sighting mandatory for accuracy.
    Fuck that shit dont make this game cod bf4 or anything that mandates iron sights. its more fun to be able to hipfire

13. Empty

Empty Member

never said that, but ive been seeing rifles full sprint killing scouts via stacked headshots which aint ok

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

Ironsights would be fine if it didn't take twelve years to go in and out of ironsight mode.

15. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I decided to make version numbers less retarded.

EDIT: Let me expand on this some more. Version numbers before were arbitrary as fuck. They amounted to some sort of Empires a.bc.d method, where "a" was the release number, "b" was a major number, "c" was the number of code changes and "d" was the number of not-code changes. Even then, that's fairly approximate and has a number of issues; what do you do when b or c increases to 10? So I decided to change the numbering scheme to a standard x.y.zp, where "x" is the release number, "y" is the major number, "z" is the minor number and "p" is a letter for hotfixes and quick patches. So a possible sequence of versions could be 2.6.0, 2.6.1, 2.6.2, 2.6.2a, 2.6.3, 2.7.0, 2.7.0a, for example. When a value is incremented, all the values to the right are zeroed. "x" gets increased only if something incredibly major happens, like the entire game being drastically overhauled or being redone from scratch. "y" gets increased only if some part of the game gets overhauled, like an overhaul to infantry, vehicles, GUI, something that goes beyond just changing up the balance and really changes up gameplay. "z" gets increased every normal update, balance changes, code additions, art replacements. "p" is special, it will generally not appear on most updates and only would refer to small patches and hotfixes, starting from "a".

As such, I decided to start anew from 2.6.0, a pretty clean slate.

16. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

2.5.13.24.6?

17. ImSpartacus

That was actually my suggestion, but I got overruled.

18. Empty

Empty Member

we moved to 2.6 as a (late) admission that I basically changed the whole game.

19. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Except tanks, research, maps, engine and so on and so forth
    This and a couple of other issues:
    Visual recoil in sights makes aiming impoissible
    The particle for rifles looks nice and all from normal view, but it obscures half the screen in ADS
    No irons are even centered
    Nf irons are so much worse than be's
    ADS completely kills your mobility

So theres a long way to make them viable again

20. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

If you're talking about how it takes a while for your gun to aim somewhere after you aim there, there's a clientside console command for the amount of delay, "cl_wpn_sway_interp", that you can set to 0 with no negative effects.