Star Citizen: Organization!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by =PVCS) Cpatton, Dec 30, 2014.

1. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Oh fuck yeah, I'd want a reclaimer. That thing looks awesome.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

*I* want one. The outside looks sick.

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

i love cock

4. Thor

Thor Member

Ikalx, it seems like you have some fundamental issues with society as a whole versus a group of people who want to form a community within a game for fun in their free time in order to escape the reality of said society. Not that I don't agree with some of what you have said, but given the context of our little situation here, I think this is largely blown out of proportion. I am a huge proponent of Sociology so if you would like to have a fireside chat on TS let me know and I will gladly oblige. :)

Also, both Patton and I already have Constellations and the two-seater military-grade Superhornets.

And Big Teef, thank you for reminding me how terrible I was when I would gift you games so you could play with us when your financial circumstances limited you from doing so. If that is your definition of peer pressure...then lol.

5. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Buying people shit and guilt tripping them the whole time isent something you should do when I never asked you to buy me anything because I don't like gifts or asking people buy shit for me outside of my family because of this exact reason, I don't want to get something and find out I hate it. And its even worse if somebody got it for me.

Seriously thanks but, why would you just buy people shit when they haven't tried it. I learned that when I got my cousins gifts when they were younger.
    Like you didn't get me a sweater or a computer, you got me an indie game I just expressed passing interest in because it looked different.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

[​IMG]

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

micro transact my balls

8. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

The prices are to support development. Want it cheaper? Wait for release.

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

My intention's not to dump on you guys. Genuinely I think this is a good idea and I hope it takes off. If I get on Star Citizen I'll fly by and you'll definitely be on my list of peeps to hit up and say hi. But I'll probably be in a small cell, and it'll be populated mostly by people I know well, or that I like.

@Thor, well I do have a history of taking a wider view of things. Mostly because we're actually people, and what we do matters. That and people often don't take a game less seriously than life, and fun often isn't what ends up mattering to a lot of folks. For some reason.

And it's kinda the right time to say something like this. Empires people are a lot of folks that could be seriously awesome, but often don't choose to because...I can only assume they don't believe they can be.

But they can.

10. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

See, I can agree with that Ikalx. I can't agree with the moral tirade you gave earlier.

"People often don't take a game less seriously than life"... no... they take their escape seriously, but in a fictional sense. They don't believe it to be representative of them in a realistic sense, and they suspend disbelief and normal action, that's why there are people slaughtering others... it seems, on that scale, that swearing at others would be *less* offensive if they were truly taking this all seriously.

Your advice is warranted Ikalx, but your passing judgement on essentially 90% of the community as untrustworthy is not warranted.
    It's not that we don't believe we can be better, it's that this community doesn't really support it. The game doesn't reward good or respectful behavior, there are a lot of asshole things to do.
    Star Citizen does, and you can participate with us or not, but best of luck either way.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  11. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

The only time some oldfag quitters come back to the forums is to talk about non empires game.

figures

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

13. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Universe map of Star Citizen so far, they still have a lot to do but a decent amount of lore is available on the systems so far: http://leeft.eu/starcitizen/

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  14. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I've only been following the game recently; because why bother following a game if you can't even run it (I only recently built a new computer to replace my nine year old rig a few months back). Honestly alot of this stuff sounds too good to be true which makes me a bit skeptical especially in this age of "fuck it, it's done" game development.

Anyways I made a squatter account in case this game is more than just empty promises & hot air.

-I will admit I did like the fact that I could see my legs when I was walking around that empty hanger.

15. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Yeah I recently logged in again. For some reason all my interface texts only got the dev test strings in them, but eh...

Also I notice that you can even see your own hud projected on your helmet visor from the outside cockpit view. That's pretty neat.

And Patton: Who is that one redacted guy in your org?

16. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Pope yea, we are having a town hall at the end of January and will be discussing some of that. I'll also try to cover why we think this isn't like that in the FAQ we are building.

As for who is [REDACTED], I imagine he's doing that because it looks cool (I think it looks cool), but I honestly haven't asked him, and I'm not going to say who in the off chance he wanted it that way for some other reason.

EDIT: Meliarion was [REDACTED]. "I just redacted myself to see what it looked like."

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  17. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I'm fairly excited about this game so I'll most likely play it but I'll wait until they wipe it or until it's released before really committing.

I made an account for now.

18. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

19. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

I don't believe this only affects EU citizens. Everyone should be aware that the limited edition and wave 2 ships are going to be on sale starting Friday... So anyone who was hoping to get one of those when they went on sale again, now is your chance.

20. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Is it worth buying a ship now though? I mean, is there an advantage to buying things now vs when the game gets released or is this only worth it if you want to play earlier and pledge money?