Star Citizen: Organization!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by =PVCS) Cpatton, Dec 30, 2014.

1. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

What would a w00kie have to pay for a proper ship with some interior?

Regarding browsers:
    Opera == Chromium =/= Chrome

I hate Chrome and Firefox.
    Firefox because of their fucked up patching, Chrome for their heavy collection of data. Nightly for some weird reasons is more consistent in its features than Firefox.I make heavy use of "clone tab". In Firefox that feature comes and goes every other version. I will have a look at Iron. IE 11 is the only browser that properly supports fast switching between all input devices on my thinkpad (fingers, wacom pen, touchpad, clit stick) and has fast gesture support.

I don't want to derail this into another browser debate. Just their website looks broken on all my browsers. I'm not gonna switch to chrome just to get an overview of pricing on a site. :headshot:

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

If anything pisses me off more than anything is the fact that for ages ff has been 32 bit for no reason, which is an issue with the stupid RAM limit making me crash at random. I looked it up and it said its because of a "bug" and they are "working on it". Seems progress is slow.

3. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Man, fuck Firefox. Piece of shit idles at like 10% of my CPU and a gig of RAM, but I can't switch because I got too much shit stored in it.

4. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

You can save bookmark lists and other browsers will accept them.

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I don't have problems with firefox, flash player will occasionally make my system hang though for a few seconds which is really annoying.

6. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Alright, enough browser chatter.

w00kie, the main question is, what do you want to use your ship for. You can also hit me up on steam and I can possibly recommend you some.

7. Candles

Chrome would vomit with the number of tabs I have open.

8. ukgamer

ukgamer more like noob gamer

Posthumous introduced me to this group. I haven't made my mind up on whether I want to join an org yet but I will be following this I guess.

9. Posthumous

Posthumous Member

To add to this, I'll be helping run this with Cpatton. I'd like to mention that this plan originally was my group of my former EVE mates to hook up with Cpatton. I'm excited because if the empires community is able to work together I think it would be a very powerful force to be reckoned with and personally, I think would lead to very competitive and enjoyable gameplay.

To confront something that is very polar on this forums. This is not a BSID, Consortium, JPL, or EPIC thing. This different members of the Empires' community coming together to make a group in space, not just an exclusive reproduction of an empires clan in space.

Tl;Dr
    Star Citizen group me and Cpatton are Working on forming, won't just be Cpatton shouting and you should actually read my fucking post's whoever is reading this.

10. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

What he said.

Also, Candles:

[​IMG]
    then shut the fuck up. Yes I have all these tabs open, problem?

Also Wookie, real quick, Iron is chromium source modified to not collect or send any data, just saying. Hasn't been updated in a couple years, but still.

I think we would all be interested in keeping Empires together... I don't want to end up in Star Citizen, with a group of 30 people, and thousands of "allied" groups. I want to end up in a group of 30 people, with another 10 groups of 30 people, who all have generally played together and want to accomplish the same awesome we've captured in Empires.

Let's have fun guys. That happens with a team effort, and I think we do that well while simultaneously hurling insults about it.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  11. Candles

Cpatton, didn't your mother ever warn you about being arrogant? If I were you, I wouldn't assume that you have the most tabs open:

[​IMG]

And this was *after* my yearly cleaning. The ones on the sides had a lot more before I cleaned it up a bit.

Don't start shit you can't end, and don't make shitty assumptions. I count a mere 250 tabs open on your computer. Generally, my usage can easily spike by an additional 100 or so tabs.

12. ukgamer

ukgamer more like noob gamer

look how many tabs i have open guys omg

[​IMG]

13. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Lol. This was after my cleaning. The tabs you counted aren't even all the browsers I have open btw :P. But sure, I guess you win by... what is that a factor of 3? I think the point stands but bravo, you definitely have more tabs open :D. That's a lot of danbooru image searches....

[​IMG]

Color me impressed!

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Post ram usage

15. Z100000M

My ff uses 1,7 Gigs even though im only running one vid and has some pictures open due to all the not refreshed tabs in the background. I dont even know if it tells you the amount of tabs anymore.

Its funny to see how FF slowly dies and goes apeshit (if i open more then like 30 active tabs), parts starts turning black at random, images disappear, then whole tabs go black and then it commits binary sudoku

and where the heck is candles' image

16. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I did not buy a fucking 4k monitor to have to scroll horizontally in this forum, ffs!

I can't have more than 10 tabs open, it just feels so messy. Why you not close tabs after reading them?

Candles, close all those touhou faggotry tabs and start going outside, 2015 is a good year to change!

17. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

What the fuck is up with you crazy people?! <.< You can close tabs too, you know?

18. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Yea, but I keep links open to read about later.

Links to
    firefighter stuff
    emergency medical stuff
    star citizen
    dota
    email
    Politics (I live in Washington DC, obligatory)

Lots of things I'd like to follow up on later. And Star Citizen updates every Friday, so I usually open more of those then.

For me at least, it's not really a problem unless I start opening star citizen albums of pictures where each is like many mb over super high def pictures. Those get me in trouble after enough of them are left open.

19. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

All I see is inefficient computer use.

And with Star Citizen, well I didn't exactly want to say this but on the planet or in space, BSID mindsets are not my cup of tea. I need brethren I can count on at my back, the kind where even if they are gits, they'd show up out of the black to help.

Besides, sometimes I don't want to piss off a whole universe.

20. Z100000M

Id rather have a big list of easily manipulated tabs than a big list of hard to manage bookmarks

I still have like 300 or something stored links in an addon as well.