Infantry only TunnelRats

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by DocRabbit, Dec 2, 2014.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

My problem was that I kept being shot in the butt due the open areas. I'm fairly certain it's a tactical issue, not a mapping one.

2. 101010

101010 Member

Every time I have played this map I have been on the loosing team.....
    Still one of my favorite maps. Only thing I think should be changed is the pond flag. The cap zone should be the size of the pond. So that you can be in the shallow part of the water to cap it. Or under the docks.

People cry about infantry maps but as soon as they get to a com map no vets want to command and that leads to shitty rounds.

As for the issue with the amount of people to cap - Isn't this a problem with all flag maps ?
    I have an idea on how to get cap points to scale the amount of people needed by the amount of people playing. Just haven't had time to work on it lately..... well I've had time just been to lazy. Maybe after X-mas I will work on it. If I get it working I will share with mappers.

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I thought it was fine, it was just turrets killing it for me.

4. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

I originally planned on making it that size, but wanted to avoid the magical capping of it from scouts with hide staying under the docks. Some of the shallows are in the cap zone, just not the full docks. You can prone off edge of dock and reach cap zone.

I would definitely appreciate this, as I am sure all mappers would. I hate having to hard code capture limits, especially when it kills the map on small pops. Right now, smallest pop is 8 for this map to completely cap all flags.

If I lower limits on flag4 to 2 instead of 3, I am afraid the non driven team will get bulldozed into their main. I still hear complaints about spawn not being forward when someone else has center, but if I give spawns for teams flag2, then enemy trying to cap it is going to face spawns in their face.

Stairs seem to be another complaint I hear, maybe if I gave alternate means like flanking ladders that would help, but only from the main side. From flag2 side the enemy would be in your main in no time. Let me know what you think about this.

If cover is added, it would prob just be on team2/enemy4 flag and maybe just few crates, I don't want a fortress around that flag, just too easy to camp that way.

5. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Yeah, the turrets were definitely a problem. Seems like mg turrets kill faster now, even though candles said they weren't touched. I am wondering if the limb damage being bumped is the source of this. Does anyone else notice this or is it just me and old age setting in?

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

They swivel around faster, so it's really hard to pop out of cover without eating a bullet. It sucks too in that level 1 turrets do more damage a bullet, so half second pop outs can hurt more.

7. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Your map is fine, its just the usual complaints about people loosing the ability to exploit it or whining about learning a new map.

8. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Ok,

I have decided to be flexible till we get cap points population aware. Here are the changes I have put in tunnelrats_rv3a..

1. Reduced cap time on all flags.

2. Reduced cap requirements to mimic something inline with Urban Chaos.
    Flags 1,2= 1 Player, All other Flags = 2 Players. This should make it fully
    playable for pops of 4 players.

3. Reduced starting reinforcements to 150 vs the 250 it was.

4. Increased bleed from flag 4's to .2 per GT vs .1 it was prior.

5. Provided cover around all interior flag rooms, and expanded flag 5 cap points to include crate storage areas.

6. Included 2 additional paths to mid and to enemy interior tunnels.

7. Added forward spawns for capping Flag 2. Should aid team without center flag in contesting it easier.

8. Provided ladder access from Main spawn to Flag 2 area to speed route to Flag 2.

Download emp_tunnelrats_rv3a

Ok, got screens now..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Hard to comment on the layout wihtout some images.

10. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

ok screenshots are up now... And Happy Birthday!!!

11. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Did I see a ladder? Doc, what have you done?

I thought we were something special. We had something. And now you're putting ladders in your maps?! I don't even know who you are anymore.

12. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Its for those who can't seem to climb steps. although the fall could hurt worse from the ladder.. I prefer the dizzy feeling from winding up the steps...