Infantry Scripts Tests, Tuesday 16th & Saturday 20th

Discussion in 'General' started by Empty, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Empty

Empty Member

I've looked at my roster and the following times are viable for me and are around the times voted for:

Tuesday, 16 December 2014 at 6:00:00 PM UTC/GMT+0
    Saturday, 20 December 2014 at 9:00:00 PM UTC/GMT+0

If that's cool with everyone I'll start organising it with server owners, probably VIPER. I'll also make some events in the testers group for it. I'd like to get these tested ASAP so we can stick them ingame because kylegar wants to steal me for UE4pires and if I'm stuck fucking around with these scripts forever that's gonna be a problem.

I'll post instructions for install later on. I'd like to get a small match on a commander map or two done. I'd like to play canyon and xroads but depending on numbers I'll work out good maps. Any issues post here. I'll add script install instructions and stuff like that closer to the event. Hopefully I've converted the time zones correctly and it happens when I think it does.

EDIT: If I get enough info from tuesday we may not need the saturday test but it's pretty much there as a failsafe, I'd prefer people to come to both if they both run since a second test will let people get an even better feel for the guns. Anyhow I just wanna see as many people as possible, more numbers = more likely to find OP guns

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  2. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

What's changed?

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Everything is a shotgun. Grenades, melee, turrets, walls, all of it. It's all a shotgun.

4. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

The true form of Spartacuspires revealed.

5. complete_

complete_ lamer

can only play saturday

6. Empty

Empty Member

Scouts have 50% more damage resistance (roughly 150HP) engineers and grenadiers have 20~% (roughly 125 hp) rifles at 0% resist (100HP)

All weapons are rebalanced for this, SMGs are better in general, scout gets SMGs shotguns and HMGs, concs are back, engineers have shotguns, scout rifle is back and owned by rifleman.

BE has regained machine pistol in addition to heavy pistol, NF has gained SMG3

BEHMG is an automatic shotgun, BEAR is a clone of NF50C, assault rifles are identical. NF50cal is a 50cal again, not a shotgun.

SMG1 and 50cal have identical standing and crouching accuracy, to encourage use with walls and cover.

Shotguns have a sane amount of pellets (may need a damage upgrade) and are more accurate. Scout rifles are low damage but good at range, 3 shots to kill at range, 2 headshots.

All weapon descriptions are updated and accurate. So if you something has changed, the description will reflect that change.

7. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Has Spartacus finally been removed from doing the scripts? Don't forget to take away his moderator rights as well!

8. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Rifleman is already useless as it is.
    Sticky grenade is not even a remotely reliable anti-vehicle method, this update is making it even harder for rifleman to sticky vehicles.

Anti-infantry? Unless "medium explosive resist" means grenadier can no longer kill a rifleman with 1 mortar, otherwise it's just pointless.

Also we have shotgun, no resist makes rifleman a lot more vulnerable at close-mid range.

We'll see how the tests go.

9. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Assuming the changes are still close from this thread I don't think it will be that bad at all. It does look like he gave most classes a resist to vehicle mgs, I don't quite know why when they aren't that great most of the time anyway. Still, the main change from spartacus's current scripts was just bullet resists. To be fair, in the current game rifleman only have a 10% resist to everything, including bullets. So if you can deal with tanks now you can deal with them after this script change.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i just hope weapons will be more accurate again. atm everthing feels random, especially steering, but thats a different story.

11. Empty

Empty Member

That's the idea.
    Rifleman weapons are very powerful, they kill other classes quickly at long range and are vulnerable at close range. This gives scouts the advantage up close but at farther distances riflemen will destroy scouts and do well against engineers.

Infantry aren't becoming any stronger or weaker in relation to vehicles. Mortar will also remain just as effective vs all classes (being a decent counter to scouts up close)

Riflemen won't have trouble with shotguns except at close range, mid range shotguns and smg2s will not be very threatening.

Riflemen aren't becoming any more fragile or powerful really, their weapon power is a lot higher than other weapons to compensate for their lower HP.

The purpose of the test is to determine if riflemen are powerful enough compared to the other classes anyway.

12. Empty

Empty Member

There was pretty much an accuracy increase across the board except for a few weapons.

The BEAR/50cal and SMG1s all became as accurate standing as they were crouching, plus accuracy upgrade has a huge effect on single shot weapons. SMG2 has a tighter spread and the scout rifles came back, shotguns are more accurate and so are the HMGs, pretty much every weapon either became more accurate or stayed the same, pistols and rifle1s for example are identical to current recoil and accuracy.

13. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I love these changes. Thank you empty and fuck u spartacus.

14. Empty

Empty Member

Bump.
    test tomorrow. hold on to your butts and watch as I fuck everything up and we don't even get a server organised :D

15. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Wait, you aren't testing your scripts on the live version? What is this sorcery? I was totally expecting that we would get an update with one side using Spartapires and the other side using Empty's scripts.

16. flasche

so do i have to download something or will it work out of the box?

17. Empty

Empty Member

you'll need to install (instruction post ETA 10min)

18. flasche

i like how everyone blames spartacus for research, while research itself is the issue :D
    sure his mistake was that he thought he can make the impossible possible, but its what you guys want aswell, youd make the same mistake ...

... but the way its implemented you cannot have distinct research in empires, its no RTS, some item will always be "the best" its mainly dependent on ease of use in comparison to damage output, end of story.

edit:
    also wow empty super descriptive name for that rar and could have used url tags ^^

edit2:
    in case someone "accidentially" overwrites their scripts https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/331067/empires/empires_default_scripts.zip

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  19. Empty

Empty Member

pomf obfuscates file names D:

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

What's this I hear? You can't mass one single unit to win?