Empires 2.52.7 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Dec 13, 2014.

1. complete_

complete_ lamer

having to choose which plate to not use is still super annoying

and every time ddd posts, spartacus thinks it counts for 60% of the empires population when he really counts for 0.6%

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I honestly agree with you and I was pretty close to just not touching regen or leaving it at 60HP and jacking up the weight a bit. When you get into really low HP levels on a regenerating armor, the regen needs to increase a lot. So we'll probably be tweaking that one.

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

how about tweaking that fact that nf can get their medium and heavy tank weapons at the same time aswell as getting the lightest cheapest engine (which is one slot for some reason) in the same tree

lol forgot you dont respond to my posts anymore carry on

e: 10 bux says your solution is to make a 2 slot mini rail gun

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I'm calling it boys. Be machine pistol and nfhr are super fucking op.
    BE machine pistol is super accurate in crouch and prone mode if you dont hold but click click, add accuracy upgrade to be machine pistol and u can burst fire absurdly accurate in prone and crouch.

NFHR is fucking insanely accurate prone and crouch its absurd for 45 damag per bullet.

5. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

Yhea, I think this is a real problem. Multi-missile launcher is far too overpowered for the amount of time it takes to research, especially since it gives you medium and heavy weapons at the same time.

Maybe do nested research, like the turrets? Or just separate them out into two different research.

6. ImSpartacus

That'd be kinda cool.

I certainly agree that it's troubling for one research node to give a team both a 2-slot weapon and a 3-slot weapon. Originally, that was necessary because the NF heavy did not have 2 3-slot MLs, but now we can start fixing that.

Honestly, I originally was going to use the exact configuration of the Double ML as a UML redo. It sounds crazy, but it's more or less identical to UML.

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

im laughing so hard at the ignores
    anyways as i showed with bigteef, i am always right yayaya

double/triple ml is so useless because of uml/salvo uml. i have no idea why it exists except to neglect homing/guided even more.

spartacus: in order to fix people removing mls from their tanks right away cause they suck, i added a ml that fires 2 shots and takes 6 seconds to reload
    beerdude: wow very shook up gameplay

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

In theory, I like the idea of comp being HP weak but with perks to offset that. Still that means it's the hardest armour to balance, because there are just so many ways a perk can nullify incoming damage and make the armour super-powered by accident.

Not sure what's wrong with Grens, tbh. Also ammo pools were separate for fairly good reasons, the more apparent of those being that straight anti-vehicle capabilities (rpg) could be buffed independent of anti-emplacement/anti-infantry capabilities (mortar). Also, I'm not incredibly sure how the mines worked out in the end, but bear in mind if you keep narrowing each niche of grens they will eventually reach a (surprising) point where they become unused. In many previous incarnations they have been substantially unused, actually, and they didn't currently seem over-powered at all.

Whether this will be a big nerf or not, I don't know, but it feels like the person who changed it didn't really know why. Which seems to be a recurring theme. What's the actual purpose of blending the ammo pools? And did you know grens used to have severely limited ammo in the past?

Also this is like me saying I don't like Empires. What's actually wrong with the mortar? It's an indirect weapon that packs a punch to someone static. Someone not a gren should be able to move and fire in response. Ah I see! It's that there's a lack of weapons that are accurate on the move, maybe? I do remember engy weapons being more effective back in the day, true. A clip or two could fell quite a few bodies, especially up close.

Also, randomly, NF used to have 6-shot heavies.

I guess it takes time for newbies to catch up on the extensive development cycle that occurred over the last 7 years. And that was just from version 2.

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

You may be right there in that I dislike Empires. I had more fun with the CoD gunplay and no mortars flying about, and the tactical approach of ArmA tickles me in the right places.

That being said, this still hasn't been posted on the Steam news section, someone should get to it.

10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Most things are accurate on the move, if you don't spray. I think that was my biggest hint on using the behr, use it like a giant pistol and things got easier. I still spray with it, but when I remember not spray I do really well with it.

I thought ddd's complaint about mortar was more akin to how it is commonly used as a very funky up close shotgun. Aim close enough to your target and boom, they dead. Edit: oh, well nevermind.

Really? You had more fun with cod? I got terribly bored after a couple of hours of it...

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Should've just made salvo homing 2-slot instead :headshot:

haha that's my exam tomorrow m8

12. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Great release, grenadiers and heavy tanks are finally balanced. 1 vs 1 is 50/50 now.

13. ImSpartacus

It's beautiful, isn't it?

14. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I kept fucking saying... NF needs top spawn up top in the area and then they can jump down. Nothing for BE since its there own fucking fault for being too short.

15. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Wouldn't they receive fall damage?

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

If you are an avid user of any of the following:
    Shotgun
    HMG
    SR

Then kindly go commit fucking sudoku.

Tank combat was actually kinda fun today, except all gets shat upon by people peppering you across the map.
    Compo sucks dicks though.

17. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I am sure something can be arrange so that you can't take fall damage inside a barracks.

18. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

I don't think it's far enough. Wouldn't be too difficult to check, of course.

19. ImSpartacus

Sudoku is among the worst crimes that a man can commit.

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

You guys are so last month, people are now committing subarus and mitsubishis, the more exotic ones commit mazdas.

Also gren is much less reliant on engineers thanks to merjng the ammo pools. Breaking up walls is now easier to sustain.