Empires 2.52.7 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Empty

Empty Member

I was going to write a response to this but that's actually just fucking retarded.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I have a problem with mortar's accuracy and it's not just when sitting somewhere with an HMG. The problem is that I, in general, seem to prefer slower gameplay instead of this run and gun shit speed upgrade grens and the like enforce.

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Well youre saying its not okay for people to be skilled in weapon usage.

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

LOL THIS IS THE WORST FUCKING CHANGE IN THE WORLD

compo got buffed a fuck load. lol im laughing
    you nerfed acceleration instead of fixing your shit scripts
    plain got nerfed when it was already a piece of shit

GAVE THE ENGY THE SHOTGUN IM LAUGHING
    gave be an extra pistol to use when nf only has 2
    and you ruined rpg.

great version man. who would have known the guy who post shitty gifs in random topics would put out 8 versions of this

E: and your last post was dumb as hell

e: and whats extra hilarious is that you didnt nerf your obviously op new weapons. when it was told to you that it was op multiple times

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Engineer should have shotgun, I'm just saying. I haven't played with the current incarnation of the shotgun, but certainly the one I worked on, Engineer should have it.

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

oh come on. it is such a scout weapon. engineer has enough benefits and now it has the 1 hit gun

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I just said in the previous incarnation. It wasn't a 1-shot weapon before unless you were really lucky.

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

What is the argument even mean

9. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I can kinda understand if it was some hitscan weapon that instagibs, but you can see the mortar flying, it isn't too hard to dodge if you are aware. Like the rest of the population can actually do something about it, move to the side.

Also I just noticed that compo was reduced in price. It is cheaper than regen/reflective/reactive with more benefits. Well maybe not reflective, still has the better survivability if you can rotate the tank. I wouldn't entirely mind that except you also reduced research time as well. I don't get it.

The only real problem with giving the engy the shotgun in it's current iteration is that it is the best rax camping weapon in the game, even more terrible to deal with than melee upgrade and mines. That's a problem when engys are in abundance and have all those engy skills.

I don't get why everyone is complaining about plain though, did no one notice that hull health increased? Your tank has better survivability now with 2 plates instead of 3.

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

Well, if you increase the average fight distance by turning cqc into a one-shot-kill fibfest, shotguns will become less of a problem. I for one really like them, 1HK shotguns are the only way to drop someone at full health in close quarters, since otherwise they shoot back and outDPS you.

11. Empty

Empty Member

TTK is around 0.5s with most automatics so I really don't get why people QQ about an instant kill shotgun. At the moment it reaches out too far, but I don't have any problems with it really. Its fucking useless outside of district/barracks assault anyway which is perfectly where I like it to sit.

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

you know since spartacus wants some weird thing where he wants everything to be new player simple except for the things hes good at.
    so what is friendly about having to choose which plate of armor to take off your light tank? (not to mention he increased the cost of a base vehicle by raising the cost of plain)

oh wait i forgot spartacus is good at making vehicles

e: also overall health was decreased, not increased

13. Lazybum

Spawning dead isn't fun, I really feel like raxes need a redesign at some point so people can't just run in and fight in the raxes. Complaining about engys repairing forever in the rax? They can't repair from inside, there problem solved and possibly changed.

Anyway I don't like that whole ttk measurement, I don't feel like it accurately accounts for accuracy. I know there has been plenty of times where I won fire fights with the old shotgun against a rifleman, even though ttk says that shouldn't have happened.

I'm not seeing the health decrease, I mean how often do you actually use all plates of a vehicle before repairs? I'm talking about plain armor here, when it gets to meds and heavy tanks there is a little less health with the better armors.

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

a fully outfitted compo med loses over 500 hp
    a fully outfitted compo heavy loses almost 900 hp

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

aha i didnt even notice nf heavy now has two 3 slots mls.
    dual nukes

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

If you shoot first and that other guy somehow kills you, you either tried to bully a rifleman or just cant shoot mate.

Also, for all the armor nerfs, apcs with researched armor can now live through 3 mines and an rpg.

no me gusta

17. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Yeah, I never really understood the idea of having a nice big spreadsheet with ttk and other infantry stats. Spread and kick play way too much of a role and those are rather involved to model in a remotely simple way.

The damage & cycle of smg2 has never changed and yet I had some people get pretty upset because "ttk was too low" on them when only spread changed. Admittedly, there's no reason why you can't include a confidence interval of spread in your ttk calculation, but literally no one ever gets that exotic.

18. complete_

complete_ lamer

people didnt do ttk calculations in their head spartacus. they say that because it takes forever to kill with the smg2 cause its shit now

DID SOMEONE SAY CONFIDENCE INTERVALS? OK BYE HAVE TO GO BACK TO STUDYING FOR STATS EXAM

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

SMG2 is still solid, you just can't spray over medium distances.

20. Lazybum

Yeah, I meant plain armor only, and more so on light tanks and apcs, the two vehicles most likely to have it. That was why I didn't get the complaints about plain being even more shit.

I don't hate the idea of heavy tanks losing that extra armor, increasing hull health makes it more friendly for new players to drive. It's something that needs to be played with honestly.