Empires 2.52.7 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Dec 13, 2014.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Changelog:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  2. ImSpartacus

We temporarily adjusted Plasma CN for that shitty heat system.

Candles applied a lovely bandaid so we can revert that.

So the HP buff on turbine made it no fun to drive with tanks. So we'll revert that and take 3phase with it. I don't know why it needed to be so high. You can still hit the same top speed (probably).

Everyone keeps crying that tanks are too durable. So we'll give em a -20HP armor nerf and see what happens. Note that plain armor was "nerfed" as if it was a 60HP 20 weight armor (which it was going to be, lol).

And unfortunately, when you do this sort of thing, people will flee to compo as a nice "safe" armor. So it's no longer safe. Happy trails!

Just reverting the handling changes and increasing hull HP to offset the armor nerf. We'll probably be lowering the hull amounts so Security doesn't cry.

Oh and the NF heavy finally gets its proper ML slot implementation. Equality for all heavy tanks! As a "price" for that, I suppose we'll take off those extra armor slots and throw a bit more on the hull.

Just some minor tweaks to turrets based on gameplay.

I figured the lvl2MG turn speed wouldn't be too fast, but even it is quite quick.

I never really wanted to buff lvl1MLs, so they are basically back to the way that they were before we started monkeying with em.

I put together all of the assets to bring back the machine pistol. It's still using the pistol2 kill icon (which actually is its old icon), but it's properly implemented other than that.

Pistol2 got a bit more kick. We'll see how that works.

Spike wanted a tweaked NFHR, so we'll see how people like that. I almost bumped it to 20 rounds/mag to really get that "FN FAL" vibe that he's been whining about. Maybe in a few weeks. Who knows.

I'm pretty torn up about the shotgun. It performed pretty well, but the engine just doesn't support proper ohk weapons. It turns into a game of ping instead of a dice roll. So we'll make it useless once again (and give it back to the engy since he can't really do any wrong with it). Yay for wasting art assets on a weapon that no one will use in two weeks!

Freak thinks the scout rifle is fixable, so I figure we oughta give that a fair shake, if for no other reason than to collect more evidence to support that it doesn't need to be in the game. Confirmation bias much?

I intentionally worded this rather vaguely to test how people would react to mucking with the gren. Seems like no one really cares all that much, so that's good.

The gren's ammo situation is a bit frustrating. Balance by ammo is sort of an admission of failure. So we'll see if we can improve that a bit.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

"RPG & Mortar share each other's ammo pool."

does that mean i have more ammo available?

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It means that Spartacus panders to me ;)

5. Empty

Empty Member

RPG and mortar share ammo pool

and then everyone never used RPG again

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

What the fuck spartacus,

Who the fuck told you RPG and mortar need drastic changes

Of all the armors, plain did not need a nerf

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

The plain armour change is in line with all the other armour changes.

8. Z100000M

It already was weak.

9. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Neat, you went with increasing hull health. Though regen is incredibly useless now on anything other than a heavy, even then it kinda sucks. Well, kinda. It gives engys the power to tap a side and continue running around with the increased regen, but I feel like it will suck most of the time. Needs to be played with really.

Rpgs and mortars makes sense. People will just use the right tool for the right job. With ammo upgrade doubling starting ammo they won't be terribly engy dependent either.

Though excuse a dumb question, but why is plain more expensive?

10. ImSpartacus

Honestly, it probably should've been at 7.5 res per plate before, so it shouldn't've been as big of a change.

In general, it got more expensive just to maintain the same rough HP/cost ratios that it had before.

The way I think of it is it probably should've been a 60 HP, 20 weight, 10 cost armor to begin with. That "gels" with how the other armors used to be. Then you just cut 20 HP like all of the other armors in this release.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

What is the reason behind the revert?

12. ImSpartacus

It was crashing servers for a reason that is still unknown to me. It didn't happen in my testing.

13. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Fair enough I guess. It just means an extra 30-50 res a tank at start.

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

100% unrelated probably, but should still do it just incase of edge cases, take out the rpg + mortar sharing ammo pool. Grens already are tight on ammo, and also rockets =/= projectiles.

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

The animations use the same type of ammunition. Also taking ammo up is going to be more useful, I recall people claiming they almost never used it.

16. Empty

Empty Member

the question remains though, why nerf gren which is already struggling against vehicles 90% of the time.

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

Mortar still OP, and grens actually work really well in organised hitsquads. Yeahyeah one can dream.

18. Z100000M

People being ridiculoous with a weapon =/ op.

19. Empty

Empty Member

ddd just mad because i hit him with my 4th mortar while he was HMG camping

20. ImSpartacus

Why not?

So you're literally saying that it's ok if only ~5% of the population can abuse a weapon instead of 100%? I just want to be clear.