Empires 2.52.6 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Nov 29, 2014.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

He's got a couple different scripts floating around. I'll tel you they certainly taught me a lot.

And as beerdude said, we're always up for testing. Although I recently learned that a little fake lag helps the soul...

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

For half the weapons, the only reason we have problems is because we're just used to the old ones. But that's fine, I don't really mind what's used as long as it's not smg1 and smg2 etc. That's the main reason I changed it, and the reason why I didn't touch any of the rifles.

Also, I didn't rename the shot pistol, so I have no idea why you're confused about that one. BE SMG1 has the name tag that's on the side of the weapon, too.

I'll say it again, though, just to clarify. I used the names that were proposed on the old wiki. Not anything I came up with by myself.

I do kinda feel the weapons should have proper names, though. Not just descriptive names. It's mostly just that the current ones aren't that memorable.

3. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Well in case you guys actually decide on something, do tell me, so I can put the names on the guns.

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Can I get boomstick on one of the shotguns?

5. complete_

complete_ lamer

the names of the guns and their "proper" names are so fucking different. You know im sure the NF heavy has some stupid fucking name but we call it the NF heavy in the game and in the vf menu.

it amazing how this isnt grasped. the be carbine is CALLED BE CARBINE
    NF ASSAULT RIFLE CALLED NF ASSAULT RIFLE. CALL THE SMG: SMG

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

while i see it like you complete, there are people who give a lot about "lore". as long as it doesnt hold up everything and names are not completely retarded (like some of the armor name suggestions), why take offense? theyll allways be called shottypistol, smg2, pistol2 and whatnot ingame - just like nukes are nukes till today.

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

nukes are big and leave an impression. thats why the name sticks. a little gun wont have a name stick. name fragmentation means new players don't know what you're talking about, not to mention noone will remember a name like KR-533

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

you mean this one new player once in a while who will always end up on the not-stacked team and gets mobbed when asking questions?

i assume name fragmentation to be his least concern with empires ...

(also pistol 2 is the 2nd available pistol, thats almost as descriptive as shotty pistol, same goes for smg2 - BEAR and BEHR are equally confusing as random names would be, for nf its less of an issue since their models are more distinct and the fireworks-rifle its now - seriously this shit is absurd spartacus - looks more like a battlerifle rather then an assault rifle)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  9. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Lore matters.

10. ImSpartacus

Erm, the be carbine is called be assault rifle. Or you may be taking about a different weapon. I don't know if anything "carbine".

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

i dont really play rifles soooo

anyways cant wait for the nf heavy to get a stupid name to match its ugly bouncy ass model with the floating bullet hole on the side

12. ImSpartacus

I'm thinking "Long Skinny Rifle". Thoughts?

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

You know, I usually do care about the feel of the gamr and whatnot, but I highly doubt that empires has much appeal for people who care alot about it and would be okay with source engine stupidity but would flip thier shit that the pistols are called just pistols.

14. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

That's actually the remaining bit of a side cannon it originally had.

15. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Like I said, I'm not too fussed. But SMG1 and SMG2 and Pistol 1 and Pistol 2 are damn stupid and should not be used. They're alpha and pre-alpha placeholder names, similar to the current rifle names. Most games do not go so cheap on that, and neither do we in real life.

Btw all (except be smg1) the added names are previous developer's names. It's not that great mostly for that reason. I mean if we actually called the Brenodi Empire Assault Rifle "BEAR" officially that might make more sense. Since it forms a word and is a description at the same time.

The other's don't really need to be AK95 esque, but let's face it, you know what an AK is because games called it that. Not "assault rifle 2".

16. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

Just wanted to point out that the BE med is called an "Imperial Tank".

I have never once used that name and had anyone know what I meant.

17. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Yep like sparty said, he been using my stuff as a guide. I spent hours and hours and hours working on what setting does what and discovering new settings we never used before. Then "someone" did a quicky update on the scripts and it fucking overwrote all my hard work because I was too dumb to back it up. I dropped all my script work due to the intense frustration that caused. I did manage to find a very early bit of my work that I handed of to sparty for him to continue on in my name. :)

Well don't forget you want things to slide just a bit. Especially when using brakes. I don't know if you remember using brakes on jeeps and they instantly stopped on a dime and flipped over then slid a bit.

18. complete_

complete_ lamer

new player: they got a behemoth out
    normal person: speak english nerd

anyways: double/triple ml is a little strong, playerbase hasnt noticed yet though. compact engine is single slot for every chassis for so it bugs up for those that need 2 slot engines

19. ImSpartacus

Yeah, nf has never had a proper 3 slot ml. So it's a marked change and causes people to not immediately choose "cannon" every damn time.

Oh and engines don't stack. The functionality doesn't exist. There's a fix for players trying to stack them. It'll be in the next release, but it's not urgent.

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

why does it need to be single slot anyways. its confusing