Empires 2.52.5 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Quick question, does falloff base mean that's the point when falloff starts happening compared to the falloff range, or does it mean something else? It doesn't really say in the scripts and I'm not to sure what else it could mean.

Z!oom's right though, increasing limb damage is bit dumb, You just gave a good buff to it. Even if you remove the one shot kill potential, most of the time people aren't hitting the head anyway, so messing with the other values is gonna just be a buff.

I do think accuracy is a bit of an issue with it though, I don't feel like it should be something you can run around or do that little "can't hit me" dance and still shoot people pretty accurately a mile away. I'd be fine if you had to crouch to get that accuracy, just not while moving. Or maybe that kick thing would work out better, it would mean at a distance people would have to space out the shots a lot more.

I'm real curious about how the heavy cooling changes will affect things. I will say it feels like an accomplishment to overheat on anything not a heavy, but maybe this will mean more vehicle mgs being used.

Happy about ml buff, that was really needed.

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

The script comments say that it's a linear interpolation of falloffbase% of the damage at falloff units away.

However, I'm pretty sure it's actually falloffbase^(distance/falloff) as the damage scaler. I think Candles told me that.

Either way, you have falloffbase% damage at exactly falloff units away. It's just the interpolation around that amount that may be unclear.

3. Lazybum

Oh, I did remember something to that effect, but it didn't say anything right next to it. My fault for not reading the line right above it. Derp. Still, nerfing the range damage sounds good to me.

4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

So after playing the entire evening I can conclude bear doesnt do enough damage even though you can 2-3 shot peole ( headshot ) which is impossible according to everyone ( candles confirm for me here ) except spartacus. Shotgun is still op and nfhr is still completely useless in commander maps rendering the only viable guns to use during normal matches to be. BEHR NFAR shotgun for close range ( for riflemen )

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Ive noticed that every pubber now just goes prone instantly as be.

Like wtf are you even doing.

6. Lazybum

After playing, I have to say the ml buffs are rather nice. You still need a few, but they do hurt and I think make players think for a second.

I can't comment on engine changes though, I had to command the games where heavies showed up.

7. Z100000M

Turrets make plain even more shit early on now and break the sound engine resulting in mass stuttering.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

you buffed pistol 2 when the only thing people said about it was that it was op.

increasing turret range is fucking insane too

9. ImSpartacus

Yeah, that seems to be the case. Oh well.

10. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Sorry..?

11. ImSpartacus

You're welcome.

12. Lazybum

I have to say, I'm not quite digging the range of mls now. I do think a range increase alright, it was too easy to sit outside the range and just bombard it. I don't think it is quite alright for them to prevent buildings and turrets being put up at a range similar to that bridge on slaughtered. Try knocking down the range to level 2s, I think it would be a decent compromise.

13. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I don't know where to post, I'll just post here.

You guys should try using dig in against shotgun. Tried it on boohouse and it surprised me.

14. Z100000M

Did the pushback send you flying?

15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

No, one direct hit only took 1/3~1/2 of my health bar away (with hpg) and I killed him before he could fire again.

Normally it's dead-one-shot-kill at that range.