Empires 2.52.5 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Nov 21, 2014.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Changelog:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  2. ImSpartacus

Apparently there's an issue with the 3s overheat timer and Plasma Cannon's 3s cycle time.

When Candles implements an overheat fix, we may go back to a 3s Plasma Cannon. Or not. Idk, we'll roll with it.

Just buffing fission cus people be bitchin, yo.

Now fission really won't ever slow down significantly if you were near full speed when you overheated.

People were QQing about 3phase being too heavy, so we'll lighten 'er up a smidge.

I never really liked that heavies have basically the same engine cooling as an LT, but they have something like ~2-3 times the firepower and therefore heat.

If we're ever going to have "slow" heavies, then I think their engines will have to have more cooling potential, so we'll increase the heat dissipation about 40%.

Note that coolant is absolutely boss at 13 heat/s and that's a 44% increase, so I also increased the max heat output a smidge just to keep shit reasonable.

Just making some modest buffs to MLs. Range is consistent at the lvl3 range. ROF was chopped a smidge. Turn speed was set at the lvl2 speed because the lvl3 speed is fucking insane. We'll probably try something similar with MGs later. Same deal with ML turn ability, though we might jack that up to whatever lvl3s used to use. We'll see how this one goes.

Just starting to fuck with pistol2. I don't really know what I want to do with it, but we'll see what happens.

I never liked that people were mistaking this for a shotgun (and therefore using it inappropriately), so we'll see how it works as a typical run & gun burst rifle. It's basically what would happen if you made pistol2 a primary.

Just a small change so the NFHR min damage is similar to that of the BEAR for long range purposes. The BEAR still has a small advantage in the accuracy dept while prone, but I'm guessing the cycle time will make up for it.

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Changelog:
    ML turrets are already shitty enough, the LVL3 nerf wasn't necessary imo

Pistol 2 modifier changes: does this mean it does less or more damage to those areas? Wasn't it already quite powerful?

4. ImSpartacus

It's actually a substantial net buff to ml turrets, and we'll be fucking with pistol2 in the coming weeks. Removing the ohk headshots is a decent start. We'll see what happens.

5. DonutVikingChap

DonutVikingChap Member

Wtf? People weren't mistaking it for a shotgun, it was literally a shotgun. (Saying it isn't balanced like a shotgun does not make it not a shotgun)

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Did you just seriously BUFF the bep2?
    Not getting gibbed is nice, but now you can die by getting double tapped in the ass? wtf??

engines/turrets - we'll see.

bear- yey, although nfhr is apparently still a shot

And whats with all that removing limb damage penalties? I loathe to use the word, but you are pretty much casualising the infantry combat by making people not even have to properly aim.

7. ImSpartacus

The alternative is making weapons like pistol2 less accurate in some situations. Compared to deagles in other games, pistol2 is pretty fucking accurate in a lot of situations.

Like I said, I don't know what to do with pistol2. I'd like to get a revolver on nf just to make pistol2 symmetrical, but that's obviously not happening any time soon.

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Can you give Pistol 2 a bit of kick instead? And a longer time to regain accuracy?

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

can you make weapons accurate on the first shot? in empire its like (even if you are prone), have the reticle exactly on the enemy but once you pull the trigger the bullet goes everywhere but not where your aim is. i mean i can totally understand how if you hold the trigger it fires in a random pattern, but the first shot should hit where the aim was zeroed.

10. ImSpartacus

Haha, increased kick probably isn't a bad idea, especially while standing.

Another thing that I've noticed to be especially painful is a highly variable kick that you can't anticipate. Behr used to have that and I thought it made it really tough to use as far as full auto guns go.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

~~Post this on Steam news ASAP~~

12. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Don't know if its just me, but would really like to have dual cannon richochet issue fixed before we start messing with anything else. It's a major issue for BE Heavies, half your shots go flying off in a 90 degree vector vs where you aimed it. Seems to happen more aiming down your right side than the left. I remember this was an issue a few years ago, but not this frequent and if I remember right (you know old people and memory issues) it was totally fixed in 2.32. Might be good spot to check and see what was done to fix it back then.

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

explain
    What, does it only have 1 bullet in the mag?

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

Bullets fired per shot

15. ImSpartacus

Don't worry about the details. Play the game and interpret it that way.

16. ImSpartacus

I feel ya, Doc.

In the scripts arena, the BE heavy scripts haven't changed much at all.

It's mostly stuff like cost, recyclability and the max MLs. We did have that pitch change recently, but I've reproed the issue with the old pitch, so I don't think it's that.

The handling has never really been edited. Wealthy removed the commented turbo stuff, but that shouldn't've affected anything.

I'm coming up dry. :/

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

You mean to tell me the thing shot 15 round burst last patch? Or even worse, an ASSAULT RIFLE fired off 15 bullets at once per casing? In a 20 round mag? At a high rate of fire?

Spartacus, these are the official scripts man, you can't be making clown guns.

18. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Which is why you don't fire full auto like a dumbass. Firing full-auto is something from casual games (TF2) and arena shooters (Unreal), of which Empires is neither. Empires's infantry combat is more derived from Battlefield than anything else.

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

15 bullets per one unit of ammo from your counter, to compare the shotgun fires 30+ bullets

20. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Note: at 3x the time

P2s issue is not its accuracy. Its perfectly fine to have a closer range alt to p1. Its problem is is that its effective dps is ~twice that of p1 which is wayy too goddamed much.