Empires 2.52.4 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Oh jesus please tell me you are not going to rename it to something dumb like "broadside missles".

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Nah, I think shotgun missile would be intuitive. I'm kidding.

3. Z100000M

Dont forget to turn the rpg into a swarm missle launcher and the mortar into a aiirburst mirv while you're at it.

Why do you have such a boner for multiple projectiles anyway.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  4. ImSpartacus

On a more serious note, I thought of making the RPG a salvo weapon just to properly communicate its tremendous strength.

The fucking thing does 130HP of damage every 3 seconds. Normal vehicle missiles do 40HP of damage. Nukes do 300HP of damage. Every time an RPG gets fired, it's like half a nuke speeding through the air.

5. Z100000M

So rpgs are also in wait for a nerf bat?

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Sparty, you just sound like you're raving right now. RPGs were buffed simply so that infantry aren't just yummy squelchy things for tires.

Doesn't the RPG do different damage depending on the chassis it hits, too?

7. ImSpartacus

[​IMG]

I don't believe so.

But it really doesn't matter. The gren is basically a tenant of Empires at this point - as important as the commander or customizable vehicles. You balance around the gren. You don't balance the gren.

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It's almost like sexy turns to "never gonna happen", so I can't tell whether or not I'm used to getting that look or not :p

And you're mistaken, actually. You can balance the gren if you'd like, the thing is, it's the most balanced class now because its role is the one that has remained unchanged.

Actually, to be honest, engies and grens have been pretty rock solid for a while, but riflemen and scouts always have to share the tiny left-overs of what gameplay there is remaining.

9. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Spartacus, do you even gren? So what if it does good damage, there isn't any splash damage and the gren can't do much of anything else while he uses it. You also must know, that if you are guiding it you aren't reloading it, so it can be like 4-8 seconds between shots depending on how far a target is.

10. complete_

complete_ lamer

god its really disheartening to see the scripter (and thus the guy who dictates gameplay) know so little about gameplay

11. ImSpartacus

That's the thing that balances it, the distance. You're just a petty foot soldier that'll die quickly, so you have to attack from far away (or stupidly close, but I digress). And since you're far away, you need guiding to get your dps on target.

Irregardless, when you see a missile flying through the air, it's not always obvious that it's from a gren.

Most missiles do 40HP of damage while rpg missiles do more than 3x that. It's not an issue of balance, but of proper communication to players.

12. Lazybum

I'm just saying that changing it to fire 3 is dumb. In the sense that it would make it harder to effectively land all 3 hits, almost a nerf if you ask me. I'm pretty sure that is one of those ping related issues, they may not look like they came out at the same time so it will feel rather funky to guide them.

If you really want to give it a better indication that is a rpg and not something else change the trail color a bit, or some kinda particle effect. More isn't always better is what I'm getting at.

Though I wonder, does it matter? Most drivers will avoid any incoming missile because there really isn't a good reason to take it if they don't have to. If it ever came to a decision of which one to avoid I think those missiles are too close anyway and they're gonna eat them regardless.

13. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

Lazy the main reason the burst rifle has a problem with damage is if someone is actively dodging you it's hard to land all 3 rounds.

If someone is unaware or just not moving laterally it can kill quite well.

14. Lazybum

I never said it was crap in anyway. I said using be pistol 2 in any metric is dumb. It does 60 damage up close to the chest, so any weapon can be considered "decent" if you say 1 shot from the pistol 2 finishes them off.

This still sounds like what the carbine was before the patch that made everything fire a ton of bullets. Which is fine. Personally I like nfhr 1 shot that did more damage. I find carbines a tad harder to use because of the recoil after the first shot you can't really hit someone's head, so it was always better to just spray bullets at someone's torso. In a bizarre way the behr was easier to use at a distance because of that. Though I liked using the carbine more when it came to range.

15. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Concurred. 3 projectiles out of an RPG is a worse decision in every single aspect.

16. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

what does it matter if spartacus fucks up a dead game? it cant get deader anyway.

17. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Sad to say, but I kinda have to agree with flasche. That still doesn't mean I like how Empires is progressively seeming to become a bullet hell shooter. I just really hope we don't do that in Upires.

18. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

my heart is bleeding, its broken ... empires was my favorite game out of all the games ive played the last 20 years.

19. complete_

complete_ lamer

the game is dead because the gameplay currently sucks. a new version usually results in players playing again

20. Neoony

Neoony Member

nobody plays, because nobody plays