Empires 2.52.4 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Nov 16, 2014.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Empires 2.52.4

Changelog:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  2. ImSpartacus

Paradox had some advice so I figured that I oughta take it.

Also we forgot to mention that firewarrior added a few things in the last patch. Its changelog has been edited.

Candles added a shitload of stuff when he did a hotfix last week to fix the speed-to-damage quirk.

I was messing with the ammo file and noticed that gren's pistol2 had too much ammo. I'm kind of surprised that no one picked up on this in 5 months, lol.

The damage buff actually should've been in the last patch. When I previously said that HE MG was comparable to most cannons, I was wrong. But now it is, so that's cool.

The explosion radius thing was just for lulz. This isn't just a slow firing version of DU, after all. We'll see what happens.

Just bringing guided up to par with homing. I'm also thinking about bringing the speed up to 1800 for a patch or two.

Just a minor tweak so you can say that compo regens an even 1HP every second.

Candles and quite a few people didn't like that pistol1 & 2 got swapped. That was undone. We'll also see what happens when pistol2 is given to all classes. We may need to tweak it. I think the consensus is that it is a bit op right now, but we'll see.

Paradox suggested that we remove the shotgun from the engy. I figured it wouldn't hurt to give it to the rifleman.

The cycle time on the burst was a smidge fast and the weapon was very inaccurate while crouching & prone. Hopefully it's not a death laser now.

The NFHR fires faster than the BEAR, but both put off the same pellets per shot. So the NFHR had a lot more pushback potential. That's fixed and the spread was tightened to provide roughly the same "pellet density", so it's harder to aim.

Like the BEAR, it's also more accurate while crouching & prone.

The spread is very tight for the first few bullets in a burst and it maxes out to roughly where it was previously locked after five bullets. Since its accuracy is much higher in bursts, the falloff is now sharper and allowed to drop further. And the magazine is smaller. I don't know how this will work, but we'll find out.

Range was cut a smidge and the weapon is now very inaccurate while jumping. No serious changes.

3. HaschteWas

HaschteWas Member

New scripts are out in a silent patch.
    No more shotguns for Engies.

First Bug report:
    I cant switch to Rifleman with Shotgun, although its possible to select it as weapon.

Oh. This maybe because the server might not have the new scripts ?!?

4. ImSpartacus

That's correct.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I would like the pistol 2 availability more if bep2 wasnt as ridiculous.

6. ImSpartacus

What's wrong with pistol2?

7. Z100000M

Oh i dont know, how about giant damage with little loss of accuracy compared to p1? Its twice as powerfull, not accounting for the bizzare giant hs bonus and fires only a bit slower. 2 torso shots and you're done.

Or maybe the fact that its a "sidearm" that can gib you if you get a hs.

Shotty is a tradeoff that doesnt do anything unless you're going to go into meele, but bep2 is superior in everything that is not taking potshots across the map. Seeing as most of the time youll need both shots to kill someone with shotty, bep2 blows everything away.

And now you're going to have that on the most popular class. There is no reason to use smg2 as be now.

8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I still dont like this shit a single bit. Going to test tonight but it stil looks fucking horrendous for commandering since you just tweaked it instead of did what was needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
  9. complete_

complete_ lamer

lets see:
    the engy does NOT need the shotty pistol. for close range you had the smg2. it was perfect. and you ruined it. it is too aggressive and strong for an already beast class like engy

once again riflemen get the shotgun. i dont know why, maybe its because you have a model and a weapon and dont know what to do with it. i always thought of it as a scout weapon (but not the bullshit that it is now)

dont know shit about riflemen weapons. ill see in game

smg2 was perfect before. at worse it will be a short range death lazer when you had a perfect weapon before.

and oh. you didnt touch the shotgun. you have no idea what youre doing. the fucking problem was never people jumping while shooting

10. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

All I got to say is BE Scout is pro now, Pistol 2 and Shotty? Every infantry map will be a mess of hiding scouts with instagib weapons. I know infantry maps aren't everything, but they're about 30% of the game, especially on low player counts (like during the week).

Edit: Also the rifleman secondary rifles are still shotguns, that should not be. I know you want a tight pellet burst sniper thing, but that is really damn ridiculous. Just make accurate rifles.

11. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Our Great Green Banana has blessed us with new changes!

Sorry, but I really like that title for you, Sparty. Anyway, BE pistol 2 was always really powerful (since Trickster changed it), so unless you changed it more it will be as ziooom said. To put it into perspective, I actually kill people with it :eek:

Yeah I know. Mad, right?

Also, if you really want to go nuts with weapons, Spartacus, we probably still have SMG3 models and that's a weapon you could resurrect and play with. It will probably look shoddy - so people will still know it's a test weapon, and you could play with values without altering current balance. I mean if you wanted to, anyway.

If you've never seen it, NF's smg3 has a knife under the barrel. Yes it's awesome :D

12. Z100000M

Do we really want it? Back in days when rifles had actual accuracy it was still called op shit which removal supposedly made everyone glad

13. Paradox

idk why you would want to have super accurate long range shotguns this just screams Imspartacus doesnt want to admit he was wrong.

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

There's still no news update on Steam.

15. ImSpartacus

The problem isn't that they use pellets - that works very very nicely and I think it's fun as hell. The problem is that they resemble shotguns and people think they oughta be used like shotguns.

I appreciate the feedback, but I can't help but be biased by your lack of actual playtime. Despite being very vocal about this topic, you've played Empires for two hours in the last two weeks. I've played for more than thirty-two hours in that same time. Is it possible that you could draw the same conclusions in two hours that you can in literally more than fifteen times that amount of gameplay? Maybe, but I'm doubtful.

16. Z100000M

Yeah its real fun getting gibbed by prone people camping in corners and rushers alike. Aiming and being good is optional.
    And yet how much of that time was spend seeding, specing or coming?
    It also doesnt take 500 hours to get a feel for a weapon.

17. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It would be perfect for testing, that's what I'm saying. Instead of playing with current weapons, when he has a new idea he wants to try out, it could just be slapped on the smg3 model. People would understand it was for testing, and maybe be less vocal.

Of course I'm not talking about regular tweaking, it's just because he said this:
    So I figured if it was going to be random random, couldn't hurt to have a dedicated weapon model for it.

18. Paradox

I can assure you those 2 hours I spent playing I intensely played just to get a feel if the guns were good or not, I didnt spent my time in spec or just playing it for the game.

And actually yes, I'm pretty sure I can judge way better than you if the infantry weapons are good or not in 15 times less play time.

it's also completely non sensical and illogical to add a factor of luck to a long range accuracy weapon.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  19. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Don't know if this bug introduced in new update, but if you killspawn, seems like you have to repick your squad. kinda annoying.

20. ImSpartacus

That's probably a bug from the code updates. We'll look into it.