Empires 2.52.3 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Nov 8, 2014.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Empires 2.52.3

Changelog:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  2. ImSpartacus

This means absorbant's effect is more consistent for cannons with different damage amounts (particularly Plasma CN).

The parameter change means absorbant is effectively unchanged against rails, but buffed against any cannons with damage levels higher than rails. So that's all of the cannons, lol.

Nothing really special here. Just fixing minor shit that I messed up by fucking with these weapons or weapons around them.

I think it was Security or someone that pointed out that HEMG is really fucking hot. All of the MGs are stupidly hot, but this was really bad.

It's still hotter than I'd like, but now it's sufficiently cool to actually use in a remotely fun manner.

Oh and it looks like this got nerfed hard, but it turns out that HEMG had more DPS than every cannon sans rails. That's not gonna fly. Now its DPS is inline with a typical cannon, but it's much much cooler than a cannon.

Security also pointed out that BioML is REALLY cool compared to its damage potential & cycle/reload times. I can't believe I never noticed. It needs to be even higher, but we'll see what happens.

Just renaming shit. We might tweak a few of these further.
    Apparently everyone wants to go fast and doesn't like that it costs them an armor plate or two. You can go fast, just don't heat up too much.

This allows cannons to aim "down" more. It's pretty close to clipping (and therefore looking like poo), but we'll see how people like it.

This is a personal pet peeve and I could live without it if people QQed enough.

Just tweaking some times. Nothing really changed, I just make the intermediary research nodes more standardized. I find it a bit silly to spend 90s researching nothing only to be allowed to spend 30s researching something actually useful.

Everybody was QQing their hearts out. LordDz had the wonderful idea of making dual purpose nades. But then certain people pussed out and that didn't happen. As a compromise, Candles (or someone else who wasn't Candles) had the idea of just allowing players to hold both nades at once. I thought that was OP and made a further compromise (because the world runs on those things). So while it's now possible, you have to give up your secondary. We'll see how it does.

Pretty big changes. It's not possible to describe them properly in this medium, so I'll just say that you should try them out.

Just don't QQ too hard. I left smg1 and the NFAR/BEHR untouched so whiners would have something familiar to hold at night. You're allowed to QQ when those get taken away, however. :3

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  3. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Have you tested having both Grenades equipped ingame? As I tried that but couldn't get it to work.

Also test getting ammo for them from ammoboxes.

4. ImSpartacus

I haven't been able to reproduce those issues.

5. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Just wondering, shouldn't you list the fixed surface properties of the buildings if they are in?

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

So it was a secret weapon, just in bursts?

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

they are in, so yes

thoughts:
    SHOTGUN IS TOO STRONG JESUS CHRIST

nukes should be nuclear warheads
    and i dont know what they deserved to get a heat nerf. they are too much already

paper armor is a dumb name. plain means plain, theres no confusion. antique engine makes sense.

hooray 3phase weight lowered...for 2. its still too much (10 more than advanced coolant, really? if anything it should be the same)

i was looking at the differences between he and imp std, and there isnt much difference. and now you increased the research time

bear too strong

you buffed smg2 when it was perfect

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

oh wait i saw that you change smg2 completely. great job changing the one weapon that works perfectly and has 0 complaints from anyone

9. Vdragon

Vdragon Member

Well, the only thing i see so far is that... THE BE ASSAULT RIFLE AND SHOTGUNS ARE SO FUCKING BROKEN IN ALL SENSES OF THE TERM.

10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

So I haven't really had a chance to play with these in a commander match, but I do have a few opinions.

To me, by changing the bear and nfhr to what they are you are making a lower skill alternative. The behr and nfar are still good at what they do, with the added advantage that they are the really only weapons for range right now. The new weapons have a wider shot meaning you don't have to be as accurate at close range, benefiting newer players. They just can't really use it at long ranges really.

My feelings on the shotgun are a bit mixed. I don't think it is really a bad idea that the shotgun can kill in one hit, but it something that should be rewarded for proper aiming. Currently you can kill someone by shooting their feet, which isn't alright. Old shotty had the capability to kill in one hit but you had to be right next to them and hit them dead on in the chest, which is fine in my opinion. I really feel like you made a melee upgrade that has 3 times the range with current implementation.

Again though, it feels like because of the wide range and massive killing potential at closer range you are making something that levels skill levels if that makes any sense. Just remember, it really isn't a fun weapon to fight against.

Vehicle weapons
    I haven't really had a chance to use that hemg, but I think it is bit silly to mention the dps of the hemg, or any of the anti-vehicle mgs really. Cannons can pull double duty as a way to deal with infantry, he mg can't do that anymore, not that it was really any good before either. They feel like an auxiliary type of weapon to deal with tanks, something to get if you have the weight. The added bonus of letting apcs deal with other tanks/apcs. I have to ask, when was the last time you saw someone destroying a tank or apc with hemg?

Admittedly heat did seem to be a bit of a problem, for all mgs. I felt like it was offset by them being hit scan though. I guess the real question is do want it to be more of a mainstream type of weapon or something extra because that is what the research path allows.

I do like the idea of bio ml causing more heat, hopefully it means uml and salvo making a reappearance.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Shotguns felt really strong in CQC, I wasn't a fan. BEAR is weird, it acts kinda like an AA12. I'd need to use it more to form an opinion.

PAPER ARMOUR? SPARTACUS PLS

We talked about it, and you agreed that "Scrap Armor" is a good name. Then why go with the immersion-breaking stuff?

That is probably the one change I'll flip out over.

12. Lazybum

I farted around with the he mg, it is rather nice right now. Mostly because the heat is so little you can fire forever with it almost. So in a way it kinda feels like free damage, if that makes any sense.

While testing though I found a bug, weapons with the apbullet ammo type do no damage to buildings, even though most of them have a resist of .875. This means du and bio mg do no damage to buildings.

Edit: I might be dumb, the only weapon that would do at least 1 damage is heavy du, but it doesn't do anything either. So still a bug I guess.

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Jesus fucking christ spartacus, what are you even doing.

Renaming stuff to make it sound silly is one thing but some of the changes are downright absurd.

He nades are pretty much only useful early game. So is the pistol. What the fuck. If you want to give them a slot, make it the armor one and give people carrying them less resist if anything.

Hey mines dont do didly still.

Cannon depression? Dont get me wrong, empires does have tank elevation problems but this? You do realise this will probably screw anyone dancing with tanks or trying to sticky them?

smg2 does torso damage to limbs? What?

Why are you trying to fix what is not broken.

14. ImSpartacus

DU is the same way. DU HMG has rails-caliber DPS, but it puts out more than twice as much heat as rails.

I honestly don't really get it, but I didn't want to muddy up every MG in the game at once, so HEMG got the treatment.

15. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

They were heated because they used to be super useful. I think it was a bit of an experiment by someone (maybe trickster?) to decrease their effectiveness. Bear in mind that experiment has lasted a long time and just resulted in people not using anti-vehicle MG's for a long time.

Battle APC's were great, and if you're planning on helping them really come back that's awesome, just keep in mind weight is probably the most effective way to control their limitations. If you have to sacrifice a plate of armour on an APC, it's a big thing. And on tanks if a MG is too weighty it'll simply be ignored. Though that's only useful if you want to make an APC specific weapon.

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

One problem i had with apc spam, was that it was always DU and the problem with DU is that for whatever reason it gives you the most effective non-nuke infantry rape tool in the game as well.

Outside of that id like to see them make a viable comeback

17. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Yeah, I hear that. I always thought that was rather random, having them together. And then you have Nukes in the same tree, too.

I love Physics.

18. complete_

complete_ lamer

shooting downward with the lt shoots yourself
    shooting downward with the afv makes shells bounce (and if your moving it shoots yourself)
    dont know about any other vehicles since i did it while testing glycencity

the pitch change seems a little bad. im sure they were set at whatever they were set at for a reason

19. Lazybum

I'd like to point out that it is very easy to kill yourself with the nf light tank because you keep hitting yourself with the std cannon when right next to someone. So hitting yourself when you shoot the ground sounds about right.

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

well the turret axis was changed so it could shoot the ground. so im just telling him now that