Capcom weekend

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PredatoR[HUN], Sep 13, 2014.

1. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I kind of want to buy Resident Evil 6 but playing alone would be boring, anyone interested?
    I heard it's not very good but I played the other and it would be a shame to miss it, and even shitty games can be fun in coop.

Also the reviews of DMC are actually pretty good so I'm also thinking about getting that. But I kind of don't trust their pc ports, any opinions?

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

[QUOTE='PredatoR[HUN]

Also the reviews of DMC are actually pretty good so I'm also thinking about getting that. But I kind of don't trust their pc ports, any opinions?[/QUOTE]

Ive played the new DMC on my 4 year laptop of all things and it still run okay.

What are you doing trusting any reviews. Don't.

The game is... okay I guess? The only dmc i played before was 4th and its changed alot. The secondary weapon system is somewhat okay, but you can get in a rut when doing samey combos all the time since half the moves either never come out (fuck you inverted rainstorm [or was it bulletstorm?] + rainstorm, it comes out less consistently than lundge attack and kick in DS1 and thats an achievement) or are just plain useless (yeah, ill stand for 10 second for the full charge on fists and let my combo drop, uh-huh)
    Fucking 10 types of flying newborns with their fucking crossbows make you drop the combos all the time.
    Combat can be pretty riveting at times.
    The button layout, especially the way you change the two blue/red weapons is fucking annoying and will make you drop combos.
    Platforming is a mixed bag. Its nearly all about using the hook and it can get boring easily.
    Using the level as a tool in combat is nice
    Getting SSS on some levels is absolute crap.
    Disgusting demon tits.
    Story is lame and boring.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Thanks to the whole zoe bullshit, there is a definite list of people and websites that actually review fucking games.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17639411/1410213121469.jpg
    Linked because its huge, and I don't feel like re-sizing it.

I stick to angry joe because the guy doesn't bullshit me if the game is bad.

4. Z100000M

I would like to trust Joe and I like how he hammers down on bullshit like bf4 and DLC, but I just can't get past the fact that he has ridiculous fanboy goggles. I mean, the guy plays Magic AND 40k. The same person who bashes capcom and EA, plays and praises product of their, pretty much, "traditional games" counterparts.
    I can't really not call this hipocrisy.

5. BigTeef

Alright, I don't play magic and never will if you are really interested in why people like Magic, ask senor he will tell you exactly why detail by detail.

Because I don't understand it myself.

Now for his obsession with 40k, who the fuck doesn't like 40k?

It is very hard to hate it because it has something for everyone, if you don't like space bullshit here is some art, if you don't like art, here is some story, if you don't like story here is giant collages of recreated battles.
    If you don't like the sci-fi setting there is a fantasy version. And if you don't like that shit, here is dumb pictures of space elves getting fucked by giant men in yellow.

I swear to god, it has something for everyone you just gotta look for it.
    Like my god fearing christian godfather could not get into 40k until he discovered the tau and the model kits.

He made his little army and I made my orks, and we used to play when I saw him on weekends.

Game workshop is bullshit, everyone who is a 40k fan knows this and has accepted this as a universal truth. Joe likes what he likes, and far as I know he doesn't buy model kits anymore.
    He did the normal thing that 40k fans do, set a budget and get what you want then get out.
    Look at his space marine review, he loves the shit out of 40k and look at the score on it.
    This guy loves what he loves, and he is willing to take a shit on the stuff he loves for a chance of improving it for the future.

If you got to know joe like I did, his whole thing started when he made a video to EA complaining about madden and he got a response from the dev team and they fixed exactly what he addressed.
    And because of that, he kept too it regardless how much shit he got from people.

Fucking Germany hates this guy because of his reviews of Risen.

Don't like joe for his shitty jokes and poorly made green screen shit.
    Like him for his honesty, because we live in a time where honesty actually means something more than ever.

6. Z100000M

I didnt say liking 40k is bad. I actually quite enjoyed 40k lore up until i read all this new wave of "one marine holds of waves of Avatars for 10 days with one hand tied behind his back" crud.
    I said that liking GW in spite of what they are doing to their product while bashing on EA is hipocrisy.
    fucking stop reading between the lines when there is nothing there
    All that post was unnecessary.

Oh now come the f on with the e-celeb trivia.
    As opposed to people who hate what they hate? This is uncommon now?

I dont even know anything about this but I call bs. Putting people into the "x country" bag fallacy aside, Risen 2 was a objectively bad game. I dont see how someone would think its better than Risen1 which was Gothic with a spin.

7. BigTeef

Dude I was just explaining something, I couldn't sum it up in a sentence so I did a paragraph.
    I don't understand what the aggression is for.

You know what I meant so giving me shit doesn't make any sense.

Hating somebody on a initial impression is crap, I found him by coincidence when I used to frequent NC and his movie reviews back in the day.
    And I have been watching his shit sense, its not like I stalked the guys facebook or something.

I like watching con panels and getting to know people who are behind the stuff who give me information for free.
    It's the least I could do since I use adblock.

Everyone who keeps giving him shit on risen are mostly German gaming communities.
    I remember him reading some of his hate mail and he had a whole segment dedicated to his review on risen.

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

oh man, you really think game companies dont know about blogs and youtube and those guys dont get any money and/or tangible gifts?

9. BigTeef

There has been no evidence of joe being bribed, and I don't think they would bribe some dumb-ass Mexican from Texas who acts like a manchild.

10. Z100000M

Im giving you "shit" because you form your posts in an awful manner. If you want to explain something, you do not have to write a paragraph long backstory along with it. People who you tlak with do not need to know your every experience prior told in excuciating detail. That and expanding upon an argument that was never raised in the first place.
    I mean, look at this. You quote my whole post but you start with responding to only the very last part of it.

11. BigTeef

Because you skipped some of the stuff I said, so I decided to ignore that and let you re-read if you actually do that.
    And if I can't do it in a few sentences I will use a paragraph, what has stopped you before from ignoring walls of text?

Like what exactly do you want me to address because you didn't ask any questions, just a few statements.
    You guys were talking about reviews, I gave a list of credible sources and gave my own personal taste.

You explained why you didn't like angry joe on the perception of being a fan boy.

I explained who the guy is and why who he is, and its easier to explain something when you experience it other than reading wiki articles.
    If you want a better version on who angry joe is, go to his wiki page.

12. Z100000M

I "ignored" it because, as i said, it furthered an argument I didnt even raise, therefore i really dont care about every single word in there.
    You explained who the guy is... to a person who knew who said guy was for years, fuck, even watching him play 4th ed dnd. I never said I didnt know joe, but you decided to roll with that rgument as well.
    See, I never really wanted you to adress anything. I have a pretty set opinion on joe, which I contained in my first post about him. And in 4, not overly long and bizzare sentences to boot. I didnt say Im uncertain or I need any additional input on the matter.

13. BigTeef

Oh...

Well fucking tell me that.

I wasn't arguing, like its a just wall of text giving a personal opinion on why I like joe, that's it.
    A lot of my friends don't like joe, so I typically try to help them find a guy or a website to go to get their info from.

If you guys want reviews that don't reek of fan-boy I got a few on the list.

14. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Thanks for the post Zoom. I heard the 4th was the weakest of them so I'm not sure if you have the grounds to compare shit.
    But that gameplay does sound like a pain so I think I'll skip it. Also I don't trust reviews but the user written ones on steam are generally pretty accurate.

Also this thread went off-topic on literally the second post. pls.

15. BigTeef

Sorry

I only played DMC 4, my friend is the dante expert.
    I mostly liked it, it was a rental when block buster was still a thing.

If recall correctly(doubt it) he mentioned that the gameplay is great but fuck everything else.
    I think that was him commenting on the newer game.

This and 5 are a good intros into character action games because they are easier compared to thier earlier dmc titles.
    Dmc 3 is the game to play if you like character action, and anything developed by platinum.

16. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

That's more like it. Afaik people mostly hate DMC 4 because Dante isn't the main character, instead he gets replaced by this whiny guy.
    And that's exactly why I don't know if I'd like the new game.
    While I haven't played the older ones I did watch the anime of the same name and I really like Dante but this new version seems a bit weak/immature.

17. BigTeef

DMC the anime is the worst thing ever.

Jesus fuck holy shit.

I kinda liked nero because I like characters who punch shit, and nero's special's involved him punching shit.

Not to mention his infinite bullshit revolver and the whole fight with dante just taunting the ever lasting shit out of him.

18. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

It had a pretty weak monster of the week plot but I still liked it. But only because Dante is cool as shit.

19. BigTeef

http://youtu.be/1ckzmUwN43o?t=3m33s

20. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I got RE6, I played it with a friend on professional mode, was pretty fun for most of it. Definitely a lot more action in it then the previous ones though. But yeah, I'll play it with you or whoever wants to.

Can't say anything about the dmc games though, I only got around to playing the first one.