Top secret projekt

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Empty

Empty Member

linking images because XBOXHUeg

http://i.imgur.com/2myBHbz.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/T95b0IV.jpg

So I've just finished cutting these chunks out and the base coat is done on them (there's also the undercarriage which all the wheels attach to but I didn't take a photo) all up about 30% of it is cut out of the meshes and had a base coat added, and now I'm letting it sit for 24 hours to let the paint cure nicely.

Tomorrow I'll start gluing the main chassis together and I'll do the second layer of paint on the wheels (blue and some white details) but the main body won't be getting proper paint until the whole thing is assembled (I might do another base coat layer on the main body, not sure) once I get the basic chassis glued together, I'll cut out the turret and start giving it a base coat in black, and then the day after that if I have time I'll glue the turret together and do some more detail on the body, my plan is to alternate between the two until it's finished.

It went pretty well, nearly nicked myself with the pen knife a few times and my hands are covered in black paint but it was a success so far. I'll update the thread as I do more in the next week or two, I haven't got much free time so I probably won't get much done after tomorrow but we'll see how we go.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

At first I though it was a protective case for a graphics card.

So, what is it? Doesnt really look like any real tank to me with that ridiculously long hull. Nearly looks like "I dont need no threads" russian ww2 tanks.

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Baneblade?

4. Empty

Empty Member

It's a leopard 2 aka BE med tank

5. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

A Leopard 2 A5 maybe A6. Just look how shitty it can look when you let suppliers modify it -> Dragondildos

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

How did people not work out it was the BE Med when it has those 2 big circles on the back?

7. Empty

Empty Member

Tis indeed an A6

They're hidden by the black at the moment, but once I do the detail (paint job is going to be BE standard, with the classic white highlights and white cannon) they're going to stand out like flares.

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

The circles are still visible though.

9. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

For me it was the front that made it instantly recognizable

10. Z100000M

Im sure there are alot of retailers selling licensed empires models.
    Knowing that, I asked what tank the model is based on.
    Be med is in no way this thin anyway.

11. w00kie

look, there's even Empires RC tanks!

www.amazon.de/gp/B00AYDX3AW

My godchild even has collectible toys and posters of the BE medium.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  12. Empty

Empty Member

Go play empires again bro, the BE med is thin as fuck.

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It looked like a graphics card case to me as well, so I got tremendously confused when I saw wheels because I thought to myself why is empty making his own case for his card and why are the wheels there, are they to lift the thing up what am I looking at.

14. w00kie

GFX driver. So useless without wheels.

15. Z100000M

You know there probably is one person somewhere out there that has spinny wheels attached to some part of its hardware.

16. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I planned on getting some wheels for my computer on the lower back and installing a retractable handle bar on the top near the back.

So when I move the machine out of my house, I can just roll it along instead of carrying it in a laundry basket with pillows.

But canceled the idea because the shakiness could hurt some of the stuff inside.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  17. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Me too, but then I was like, "Is he upgrading to a custom blower?"

I was about to lose my shit until I noticed the wheels.

18. Empty

Empty Member

Or you could be not a sissy manbaby and just lift it up.

19. Empty

Empty Member

spent 6 hours on it today

http://imgur.com/a/Jwd0Z

Fucked up, many times.
    Put the wrong cannon together, luckily there were 2 cannons and I fixed it, then I put the cannon in upside down and then glued it in place so I had to do some slight (interior thank fuck) damage to excavate it and put it in the right way up. Once that was done, I put the wheels on the chassis, painted the chassis and the wheels a bit, then painted the main body and attached the treads.

The chassis (what the wheels are on) the body (the armored bit) and the turret are all seperate pieces that don't need to be glued which is nice, means I can work on them seperately.

Also my blue paint is fucking shit, I bought a canister of it and brought it home and it was dried up, took it back got it replaced, that was dry too, turned out the guys entire stock of the blue paint was fucked so he gave me a refund and told me to try adding water and mixing thoroughly. It worked, somewhat, but the color is completely different to whats on the color indicator (it was pretty much exactly the blue I wanted for the tank, but this one is more of a gunmetal)

It's not a big deal, tank still looks mostly fine. Once the turrets done it'll look pretty sick, after that I'll give it a wash down with black paint to fill all the nooks and crannies with 'shadow' which will look kickass, and paint the details (the tools and wires and shit all over it need to be done right)

I'm not sure if it's worth picking up a new can of a different blue to make it more vibrant, at this stage it's very generic looking. Also it dries very very matte, which isn't too bad considering the BE med is also matte ingame, but ehhh.

Looking forward to having the cannon and turret done, all the gluing is finished now which is nice, I'm letting it sit for 24 hours in the living room to let the paint and glue dry properly.

Pretty happy with it.

20. Z100000M

Im liking the electric engine, but without proper armor and HE this is a waste of res.