Infiltration: Black Ops Field Training

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Empty

Empty Member

If you're unsure about how to play, read this post fully or PM me

Infiltration

Welcome to infiltration, a mafia forum game given an empires spin.
    A bunch of Brenodi soldiers are working hard to fight the war, but communication is cut, the commander is slain and suspicion abounds. Jekotian infiltrators have made it amongst their ranks! The poor Brenodi soldiers will have to take matters into their own hands to save their own hides and stop the Jekotians taking over.

Basic Rules:
    At the start of the game, everyone is sent (at random) a PM containing their role (role details below) this defines your powers and what team you're on!

The game is split into NIGHT and DAY, during the day, all living players take part in a public lynch vote, the player who receives the most votes is slain at the end of the day*. Dead players' roles are revealed upon death.

Then, night falls, during the night, the Infiltrators and those with classes begin their work. They PM me a target for their ability, and once night ends, all abilities will take effect, some abilities kill players, others behave in different ways. All abilities will happen, even if their player has died (e.g. Someone tries to kill another player, but is also killed themself, in this case, both targets will still die)

When players are killed at night, I write up a small story section in italics. These stories may or may not contain clues towards different players' roles, so even if you don't have any abilities, paying attention to the story can be important too! (Lynching at the end of the day does not contain clues however)

Once night falls, day begins again and the cycle continues until the last Infiltrator dies, or the infiltrators gain a majority vote over the base crew.

*In the event of a 2 way tie, both die, in a 3 way or higher I will select 2 targets to die at random. To vote against a lynch occurring, 50% of the entire remaining population must vote against lynch (note: this is NOT 50% of the voters! It's 50% of the population!) Anti-lynch is harder to keep the game moving forward.

Critical Rules:
    These rules are critical to the game working correctly and must be followed, failure to follow them will cause immediate kicking from the game and also will probably ruin the match so don't do it.

DO NOT POST WHILE DEAD.

DO NOT QUOTE OR SCREENCAP YOUR ROLE PM IF YOU HAVE ONE.

DO NOT CREATE ALT ACCOUNTS. YOU WILL GET BANNED.

Roles
    At the start of the game, each player is given a random role. In this game, role numbers and who has a role are all hidden, so I will be posting example roles here, these examples MAY or MAY NOT be in use during the game, if a player with a role not listed here dies, I'll explain their role in the post.

Infiltrator
    Evil Jekotian spies, their goal is to eliminate all base crew. Each night, they PM me their target and that person will die, only one target per night for all the infils. There are usually 3-4 infiltrators. The game ends when all infiltrators have been slain.

Engineer
    Engineers can save one target per night from being slain, they PM me their target and if he was going to be killed that night, instead he is saved. If the target was attacked by more than one player then that target will die anyway.

Rifleman
    Riflemen can PM me a target each night and that target will be killed by morning. Very simple, very effective.

Scout
    The scout can PM me a target each night, and by daybreak he will be informed of that players role.

Base Crew
    No ability each night, your best hope is to vote well, pay attention and stay under the radar

There may be more classes than listed here with different properties this round, these are just examples.

Player List:
    0. Empty
    1. Paradox
    2. Lazybum
    3. DDD
    4. Candles
    5. Ikalx
    6. hexi
    7. Grant
    8. Metal Smith
    9. LordDZ
    10. Imspartacus
    11. mcgyver
    12. imacmatician
    13. Trickster
    14. predator
    15. complete_
    16. metruption
    17. Devourawr
    18. Sitka
    19. Dragown
    20. wealthysoup

This OP may be edited later on if I've forgotten everything, but I think that sums it up.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  2. Empty

Empty Member

Randomising roles and sending PMs.

3. Empty

Empty Member

Role PMs distributed.
    If you did not receive a PM you are a Base Crew

Starting day shortly

4. Empty

Empty Member

Alright, day has begun, begin your voting for the first lynch, lets spill some blood.

5. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I vote to lynch Empty's carcass as a symbolic gesture of not wanting to lynch anyone on the first day.

Also, woohoo! Base screw again!

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I vote lazybum, for now.

7. Empty

Empty Member

oh yeah
    and points system will be continuing this game. No details on the points though because EVERYTHING IS TOP SECRET.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

i vote we rape empty's corpse AMIRITE GUYS TOPJOKE 2K14

9. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I vote Paradox. His silence is an obvious sign of him trying to not tell us he's an infiltrator.

10. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

11. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Good to see that sanity and common sense is prevailing so early in the round.

12. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

That is a rather short story. Making it hard to get some clues huh?

I ain't voting on anyone, on the basis there is no basis.

Also Ikalx, I'm hurt. :(

13. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

It's almost unbearable for me to not scream out loud that what I am.

I dont vote anyone either

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  14. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I just want to remind everyone that bullshit voting helps the infiltrators and is a good reason to make you a suspect...

15. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Well it's either voting out Paradox or losing a potentially useful member. Like last round the scout died on the first round because of the vote Paradox drama.

That's oddly specific though, any reason in particular?

16. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

or u can just not vote and if 50 percent do that noone dies

17. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Empty was electrocuted. If he was electrocuted, he might go like Duh-Duh-Duh-Duh-Duh.

DDD.

DDD...Destroyer.

Just saying.

18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Ikalx crushed the newly lit cigarette under his boot heel. It was his last pack, but he didn't give a damn.

Slowly, he walked around the desk, noting the scene. With no sign of scuffle or struggle, there was very little to go on. The room wasn't clean, but the mess was distinctly the Captain's and it was hard to pick out the rogue elements among that chaos.

He leaned over the desk and checked Empty's neck. A taser to the base-stem? Who would use something like that? Would it even have been effective, or was it just misdirection? An autopsy would be hard to perform, here, and he had no idea who would have the skill to.

He patted the corpse's shoulder and barked a short laugh. Black Ops training. What had he been thinking? He had been looking for a way out, but instead he had fallen in deeper. Perhaps this was a sign. If he made it out of this, perhaps he would return to the Isles.

The door swung shut behind him and he chuckled, bringing another cigarette to his lips. The morning shadows flared for a moment, then steadied, and he blew out a long trail of smoke.

Who was he kidding?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  19. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Infils don't target Ikalx, he's smoking and cancer will get him before you do.

Voting LordDz on the sole basis of Paradox voting drama.

20. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Oh I should've read the op more carefully, I didn't see that option.